Mini-Goals Even if you're not at goal yet, this is the place to share your successes and achievements along the way! Success can be measured in many ways besides the scales. Tell us about your triumphs, including Non Scale Victories

Old 10-11-2013, 05:08 PM   #1  
FIGHTER

S/C/G: 296/TICKER/178

Height: 5'5''

Default One week down, zillions to go

So i officially started my diet one week ago, that's really not a lot of time in perspective.. but when all that time is busy thinking about what you're going to eat and when and how much you should have.. it grinds time down pretty hard, especially when you never put that much thought into food. Before it was just "hey what am i craving" and then I'd go get it.. now its a carefully laid out plan. I know diets (healthy lifestyles, i should say!) take a while to get used to, and there are bumps in the road.. but I found this site after I started, and I'm not going to give up.

I've lost 7 pounds so far, I weighed in last week at 287 but the highest I have ever seen my scale was 296 -

I'm sorry if this is a crappy mini-goal or nsv but to me it's a lot I know its going to take a while for weight to drop off in a healthy way.. so I've got a year goal, and this is one week down, 51 to go!
CharityMarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 05:25 PM   #2  
Now a Healthonaire

Default Congrats

Congrats on the 7 lbs. I posted this in another forum. It is a little challenge I am apart of to stay motivated going into the holiday season. I thought you might be interested.

My husband and I have been brainstorming different ideas to get a weight loss plan together for the Holidays, and we finally came up with the Turkey Day trim-down. Our plan is basically to get a group of people to partake in the trim-down starting next week and going until Thanksgiving. We know we need community motivation as bad as the next person and our plan is to keep a group forum/blog jotting down our daily activity and diet so we can all hold each other accountable, we will then share our progress come Thanksgiving.

Plus, we got a website to donate free raffle prizes for anyone that joins in.

How great would it be to show up to the Holidays looking and feeling better than we ever have. There is nothing better than walking into a family function and someone saying, "wow, have you lost weight?"

Reply on here if you are interested and I'll get you the details.
Mneubauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 05:57 PM   #3  

Wahoo!! Charity!

I understand completely about having to be 110% focused on all things food and exercise related. But! All that hard work is paying off! -7 is awesome!

Kaitie9399 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 07:44 PM   #4  
I'm bringing sexy back!

S/C/G: 242/234.5/167

Height: 5'5"

Good for you!
Mozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 03:26 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 230/192/120

Height: 5'2

Awesome, congratulations on the 7 lbs
ILoveVegetables is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 10:49 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 185/see ticker/147

Height: 5'8"

Congrats on the 7 lbs. That is great work! I found the "obsession" that I had at the beginning has worn off a bit since everything has become more of a habit. But it was like I almost had to be obsessed with everything to stay on track for that first month. I'm on week 7 now and I'm loving it! Keep going, it's totally worth it!
konablue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 12:46 PM   #7  
Badass Brokeleg Bunny

S/C/G: 239.2/199.8/170

A lot of people don't make it through their first week, so I for one think a successful start is one of the most important mini goals!!! Congrats!!!!

I get what you are saying about having to be totally committed. One thing that helps me is creating a list of diet meals that I don't need to think about. So about 90% of the time I am eating meals that I 'know' fall inside my calorie guidelines and that I don't need to think about. So after a few weeks the diet shouldn't be so hard, because you will have your own list of go to meals in place.

Good luck! I look forward to hearing more about your progress!!!
tefrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 08:27 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 220/ticker/154

Height: 5'6''

7 pounds in one week is really amazing! Great job and congratulations!

It's true the hardest days are the first ones, but from then on the transformation is quite incredible. Not only weight-wise, but all the transformations you go through, in your way of thinking, of dealing with food and with your body... it really is pretty amazing. The keys are commitment and persistence, you can get anywhere with these two.

Keep up the good work, I can't wait to hear more victory stories from you!
anity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 08:41 PM   #9  
Trying to be in the 160s

S/C/G: See my siggy ;)

Height: 5'8"

That's a fantastic loss. And it does not take a zillion weeks.
IanG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 04:47 PM   #10  
Michelle the Vegan

S/C/G: >207/under goal/150

Height: ~5'9" of Snark

That is so not a "crappy mini-goal"!!! The first hours, days, and weeks are SOOOOO hard! I mean, seriously, getting through day 1, then day 2, then week 1, etc -- it is just so difficult!

You should be SO PROUD of yourself and realize what a victory it is to keep going!

WAY TO GO!!!
Mrs Snark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 06:42 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 224/see ticker/142

Height: 5'2"

CharityMarie

You know, we all had a "first week completed". Like MrsSnark says, be PROUD. Just think, it's the first week that you'll look back on one day and think "I've been doing this for a while now, and it's gotten easier than the first week...how did THAT happen" and smile At least, that's how I feel now, and I'm like 11 weeks, 1 day into my program, and I've lost over 27# so far.

Be proud of yourself-- we all are proud of you!!!! We'll even boogie a bit in your honor!

MrsKevin (aka: Suzanne)

Last edited by MrsKevin; 10-18-2013 at 06:43 PM.
MrsKevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 05:47 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 190/160/130

Height: 5'3"

Congrats! The first week was the hardest for me!
Patchrun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 08:00 PM   #13  

Quote:
Originally Posted by IanG View Post
That's a fantastic loss. And it does not take a zillion weeks.
Ian speaks some wise words!! He is a testament to the changes ones body can make in a year, he's amazing!

I lost 150lbs in less than a year but I'm hardly in the physical shape Ian is. I wanted the weight off first, now it's time for toning and strength (and losing a few more pounds).

Take it one day at a time, sometimes one meal at a time. Slow and steady wins the race. I'm so very blessed to have made these amazing changes in the past year. If you told me this time last year that I would be so close to my goal, I would never have believed it. Hang in there and good luck! You can do this!
elvislover324 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 06:10 PM   #14  
300+ Chick

Great job on your 7 Lbs loss so far!! Awesome start and Much continue efforts!!
Liliann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 02:20 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 260/ticker/135

Height: 5'4"

This is a wonderful mini-goal! The first week is harder and it says a lot that you stuck with it AND you are smart enough to realize you hit one goal already!

BTW, I love how you are looking at it one week at a time. Counting down seems so much easier than counting up! I've got 2.5 weeks down, only 49.5 weeks to go!
smileygirlmel is offline   Reply With Quote