Old 10-09-2013, 06:00 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 293/ticker/170

Height: 5'6"

Default Dear Me (Do Not Open Before March)

Due to people wanting another challenge based on six months in the future, I thought I would start this thread I am lazy though. I am copy/pasting/modifying lunarsongbird's post so it better fits our current needs. Previous thread can be found HERE

Hello Friends!

I want to take a snapshot of time this week. Fall is here. How much progress can you make during these two seasons? What will happen in your life?

I thought you might want to join in on the fun. I am going to re-earth this thread during the week of March 1st. That is 6 months from now. Wow. So much can change in that time. You could potentially be over 50 pounds lighter. You could be running 5Ks! You could even complete a half marathon in that time. Amazing to think about, right? Or you could find yourself in a position where life has drifted you back out into the currents- and maybe you will have stopped posting here. Sad to think about.

Where do you think you'll be in 6 months? Would you like to send your future self a message? Will you make a promise to yourself that you will still be here after Fall and Winter have passed?

Here are some ideas on what to include in your memory snapshot:

Date:
Weight:
Fat Percentage:
Waist Size:
Before Picture:

Memory/Emotions/Moods from this week:
Something you are struggling with and hope to have overcome by March:
Goals to be Completed by March:

Dear Future Me,

Last edited by zoesmom; 10-09-2013 at 06:01 PM.
zoesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 06:04 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 293/ticker/170

I wrote this about a week ago, so I'll just dump it here

Dear Future Jen,

I know you are feeling pretty rotten right now. Dr. Brown jumped your case pretty hard today over a couple things, and it sucks. When he gave you the okay to start exercising, he had thought you would only walk, you had thought he gave the 100% clear. He jumped your case over the fact you haven't lost enough weight, despite the fact he never thought you would in the first place. And then you came home and binged on pizza, which only made you feel worse.

But dear, look at what you HAVE done. You are running, Dr. Brown can get over that, you keep your heart rate low like he recommended in the first place. You have lost close to 70 pounds and are still losing. And you know what? I bet in 6 months, I'll see you on the other side of 200.

Today, you weighed 229.2. I bet you'll be 199 or less come March. You fit in a size 16 comfortably. I bet you'll be zipping up size 14's, or less, in six months. You run 3 miles. I bet you'll finally get brave enough to run your first 5K sometime very soon. You've been working to increase your weight for your strength training. What do you want to bet you'll be sitting at 20 pounds or more come March? THAT WOULD ROCK! You've been working hard on building up the muscles you lost after years of laziness and are doing a fabulous job. Your body feels tight, your legs look awesome, and you can feel every little muscle in your body. I bet, in 6 months' time, you'll actually be able to SEE that muscles you've been working on. Just got to get rid of that insulating coat of flab, and I bet you can do it. In fact, I know you can. Because you have already done so much.

You just started seeing your collar bones two months ago. In six months, your shoulders will be sexy, your back will be sexy, and your waist a bit more narrow. By March, you will have lost 100 pounds. I KNOW you will have. Think of it as a birthday present. You've never had a good birthday. It's time you start.

So, what are you waiting for? You control your destiny. Now, how's your sexy self looking these days?

Photo taken 1st week of August (sorry, most recent!)
zoesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 08:15 PM   #3  

Height: 5'1

Yay! I loved the idea of this topic. I’m glad you decided to make this one zoesmom

Dear Future Dreamer,

Memories/Emotions/Moods:
It is currently 00:46 GMT on Thursday the 10th of October 2013. Today, you’re feeling pretty good actually! You got back to the gym after a couple of lazy days and have set yourself a little personal challenge to see if you can go for the next 5 days until Monday the 15th. (Check this topic to see how you did!) You have a job interview next Tuesday and are anxious about it. You will also have a catch up lunch with some of the girls from college and collect your graduation tickets. You are currently 135lbs. You are down 5lbs since you joined the gym on September the 2nd. You have a goal of getting to 130lbs by graduation in November. You're hoping you make it! Your dress for graduation already looks fine on you since you dropped the 5lbs but you would like to lose a few more before.

You have your good days and you have your bad days, but who doesn’t! You have read current updates of people who did the first challenge and you need to believe your own words. While you’ve been going up and down since June 2012, you need to be proud that you are still here and trying! Right now, you seem more motivated than ever before and you feel it’s due to joining the gym.

Goals:
In March, you’ve your big trip! You’re going to New York on the 10th (YAY! 5 months exactly today!) What is the biggest thing you would love to do?! That’s right, go shopping! Your main goal is to reach your target of 112lbs by March and before your holiday to New York. You, on the 10th of October, really believes in yourself that you can do this.

What else would you like to see by March? You would like to feel more confident in your body. It’s been growing, but you need more confidence in yourself.

You’d also like to be running more on the treadmill. At the moment you can comfortably do 0.5 miles (0.75 at a push!). Could you be able to do 3 or 4 or even 5 miles by March? Please to try keep this up!

Statistics as of 10/10/2013:
Weight: 135lbs
BMI: 25.5
Fat %: 30%
Waist: 30.5"

So, what happened since October, Dreamer?
  • How was graduation in the end?
  • Have you stuck with the gym?
  • Have you reached goal? Are you ready for shopping in NYC?
  • Are you feeling more confident in your body and yourself now?
  • Have you accomplished more miles running on that treadmill?

See you again in March!
Dreamer2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 11:26 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 209/191/135

Height: 5 foot 6

Dear Future Me,

Today you finally saw a change in the right direction on the scale (October 9, 2013) and you've only been trying to 2 days!! As you're writing this you have two people you care about in the hospital but you aren't giving up on what's important to you because you know they'd want to see you healthy.

You've had a lot of "half efforts" in the past but the person you are today feels like this can be done and THIS is the time.

By March you'll be getting close to your special events in May and hoping to feel in control! You'll be able to take workout classes without feeling like the "out of shape girl" who everyone notices. And hopefully you'll be at the lowest weight you've been since you gained weight after college. You also hopefully just dropped into the "Normal" BMI although who knows what normal is!

Date: 10/8
Weight: 208.5
BMI: 33.6
Fat Percentage: Unknown but surely alot.
Waist Size: 35"
LawGirl88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 01:09 AM   #5  
trying to impress myself

S/C/G: 296/see ticker!/140

Height: 5'4"

Love this idea.

Dear Future Fillupthesky,

You're doing really good so far, but this is just the beginning. Ride the wave, and stay on track. For the first time in a long time, you have no other excuse. You finally got your career going, live in an awesome apartment, have a supportive boyfriend, and have a great group of friends in the Bay Area. All the ducks are in a row. Being healthy is "the final frontier".

Some things that will hopefully be accomplished by March:
Well, you should get moving, exercising. Regular yoga, walks (jogs?), and some sort of dancing class? Also, that you've been steadily losing weight. Yes, expect some set backs and bad days, but remember that you deserve to be healthy and active; treat your body with respect. Do it all with a smile, seek support when you need it. And please, plan a real vacation!!!

Date 10/9
Weight 286
BMI not sure, last checked it was 44
Fat % ?
Jean Size: barely fitting into my 22's
fillupthesky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 04:41 AM   #6  
just do it :)

S/C/G: ticker!

Height: 5'6

Dear Future Lana,

I really hope that as you’re reading this, you still feel the same spark that you felt when you were writing it at 3am on 10/10. What’s so special about October? I sure hope you haven’t forgotten already! To recap, you’ve lost 68.5lbs so far, more than you’ve ever even come close to losing at one time, more than you’ve ever dreamed you could, but look, you did! You’re only 8lbs away from the halfway point, and I know when you started out and saw that daunting 100+ number you never thought it was possible, but you really truly meant it this time, and you’re never going back! It’s also a great month because you just got your very first real job, you haven’t started yet, but you’re nervous and excited and I can just tell that this is the defining moment that is going to make all of the difference between where you were, writing this, and where you are, reading this. Things are finally looking up for you, so if you’re feeling down right now, remember this feeling and keep the momentum going.

About that new job - are you still working there (you better be!!)? Do you like it or do you hate it? I know you don’t have a lot of room to save money, but there better be at least a hundred bucks in the bank! You’ve only got three months left to save up for that trip! Speaking of a trip… How’s ONDERLAND? I'm not even going to say it's ok if you're not there, because I KNOW you are, there's no way you're not if you're still as dedicated as you were when you wrote this. You haven’t been under 200lbs since middle school, isn’t that crazy to think about? Enjoy it, but don’t get complacent! We’re not done yet.

What’s going on with exercise? At the time of writing this you had been slacking quite a bit on strength training, and your arms were starting to show it with distinct loose skin. How is that looking now? Remember that it’s okay if it’s there, and it’s okay if it looks worse than you thought it would - at least you can hide it for now, but you can’t hide 150 extra pounds of fat so it’s worth it and keep losing, don’t let your vanity stop you! I know the thought of having to hide and cover up still after all this hard work is killing you, but hang in there and just keep at it. Skin surgery is an option with loans, keep that in the back of your mind if you’re really stressed about it and you can cross that bridge when you get to it. Focus on health!

Where are you living? Count your lucky stars if it’s not here and remember to be grateful and say thank you to your parents for supporting you. You’re probably not in school yet as you’ve got a few things you wanted to get done first at this point, but start seriously thinking about it and gathering info!

Sorry there’s no before picture here for you, but when you were writing this you still weren’t comfortable showing yourself to the world - maybe that’s changed by now! You did save a snapshot away on your drive though, so go check it out and marvel at how kickass you are For another indicator of how far you've come, compare these stats!

Weight: 237.5 pounds
Waist: 34 inches
Pants: 22 (but you’re wearing saggy 24’s!)
BMI: 38.33

Last edited by lanabug; 10-12-2013 at 02:59 AM.
lanabug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 09:50 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 380/ticker/180

Height: 5"9

Dear Future Melissa

Hey congrats! You are still coming here daily and it's March! Way to stick it out whatever the results!

You are headed to Disneyland Paris on the 24th.... I hope you are ready!!

I know it's hard, but I also know that it's time to change. You aren't getting any younger, you will be seeing your 30th birthday in July and you spent most of your 20's disliking your body. Make your 30's count!

As I am writing this letter I am overcome with joy, beause this weight loss is real. Not like your WW attempt in University, where you would fast all day then go to McDonalds after.... this is portion control, better food choices and getting active. You know those ballet slippers you have, you want to be able to dance again, right? Well you will.

Goals to be complete by now:
- at or almost at 50 pounds lighter
- able to complete an entire 45 minute aerobic routine
- more positive self thoughts, you are a great person and people like you!

Date: Thursday October 10, 2013
Weight: 371.4
time4me2change is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 04:33 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 188/185/164

Height: 5'8"

10/10/13

Dear Jacqui,

Next March, it will be the month before your daughter's wedding. You want to look and feel better than you do now. Since July 19th, 2013, you've lost 24.5 lbs, gone from an obese BMI to an overweight BMI, dropped two pants sizes from a size 18 to a size 14, and gone from an extra-large t-shirt to a large t-shirt. I'm proud of what you've done so far! However, there is more work to be done. Hopefully by March, you will weigh 164 lbs, which will take you from an overweight BMI to a normal BMI. It'd also be nice to drop another pants size to a size 12, and although I think you'll still be wearing a large t-shirt, that's okay, because it should fit more loosely and more comfortably. Won't it be nice not to be overweight any longer, to feel like yourself again? Please don't give up. Keep in mind that you want to look nice for your daughter's wedding. You made the mistake of not losing weight for your son's wedding two years ago, and frankly, you look huge in those wedding pics. Please don't make that mistake again. Here's what you look like today:

P.S. Your hair's too long, lol!

Love,
Jacqui
Jacqui_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 01:51 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 224/see ticker/142

Height: 5'2"

Dear Suzanne,

I'm thankful to Jacqui_D who has become my PM buddy here at 3FC for telling me about this thread-- so I should write to you (Hiya SuziTeaups!)

Here are my beginning pix, such as they are- because I did start Atkins on Aug 1, 2013, these were about a month too late, but better late than never. In the top row is the "beginning" front/side/back about a month in. I was about 209# then, and on Sept 30, I was at 201.6#. (High at the start of this all was 224# on Aug 1, 2013)

I'd take my measurements, but Stinky Sundae the three legged fat-cat has been playing with the fabric tape measure and dragged it off someplace. If I remember in the new couple of days, I'll get another one and do measurements and edit to show it, then will no revisit this post until March 2014.

What is going on now:
  • Mom still in hospice in WA, since May '13
  • Debbie still investigating case
  • Sarah and Wayne still at apt in Dixon with Wayne's friend (couple)
  • Working at FH. Hopefully by myself since Cheyanne left so I can make enough money to survive
  • Julie being awesome to talk with and very supportive & encouraging
  • J helping me work on wardrobe issues, and having alot of fun (just like house-issues of the past few months)
  • Still smoking.. which I wanna quit. Have set a goal to do that when I reach 180# (don't know why I picked that number- but have since the start)
  • Lately have been having days of really missing Kevin. Hard to believe my wonderful husband has been with God 8-1/2 months now

This diet is something that must be from God, because I don't know how or why I started when I did. Kevin had already been passed away since 1/30/13 and mom is still in hospice care (almost 6 fulls months, which she's been re-evaluated to remain on hospice for another 2 months I think it is, and be reevaluated as needed) She is comfortable but PPS score is down to 30%. Within Elaine meddling, if she can be convinced to step down, that will be one less thing for me to worry about.

I know that Kevin would not want me heavy. I know that my smoking concerned him more than my weight ever did, but I seem to be managing weight loss at this point in my life, but not the smoking. He had every right to be worried.... he was dying of kidney cancer which is most commonly assosciated with smokers, and he never smoked a day in his life!! I think mom is concerned too, even though she has no words and has such advanced dementia-- but when Kevin and I were in Sequim June '12 mom and I talked, she did confess she was concerned about my smokng and when I asked her if she was concerned about my weight, I know she didn't want to hurt my feelings (just like Kevin never wanted to) but she said "I've never seen you this heavy, Suzi". I knew she hadn't and she was clearly worried; and so was he, but he was always afraid of hurting my feelings, because he loved me so much.

So, on Aug 1, I decided it was time to "take a big girl pill" and take care of my own self, and worry about myself. Kevin is with God in Heaven now, so he doesn't have to worry about me. By the time I read this letter to myself in March, sadly, Mom will be with God in Heaven too, where they will both be at Peace. It's only Maytag (daughter) and myself left (not counting Don, my brother, I don't any part of his life) in my family. There is no one else.

In other words, if I don't worry about myself, there will be no one left to worry about me.

So, by the time I read this in March of next year, here's what I would like to see have happened or in process of happening:
  • Down to target weight of 142# or below (142# was pre-preggo weight with Sarah 20 years ago but still considered overweight- I think at 135# my BMI would be considered in the "healthy" range)
  • Having STOPPED SMOKING!!! (man, that will be awesome!)
  • Mother is with God by then (and the world/doctors suspect she will be. Some are amazed she's still with us now. But she is in no pain now and isn't suffering, so when it's time for her to go Home to be with God, she will)
  • Work on relationship with Sarah
  • Moved back to Oregon if financially able to

Love yourself, Suzanne. Kevin did and so did Mom, and God has, since the beginning of time.

Written: Oct 11, 2013
Where: Bedroom at house at the church (downstairs- Hershey sleeping next to me, Stinky Cat roaming around somewhere- it's 1:10am here now)
Weight: 199.6#

Last edited by MrsKevin; 10-11-2013 at 02:11 AM.
MrsKevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 02:44 PM   #10  
I'm bringing sexy back!

S/C/G: 242/234.5/167

Height: 5'5"

Dear future me:

Even though you're struggling, you can do this! Take it one day at a time and don't give up! Go to the gym even when you're tired. Eat smaller proportions and stop when you're full.

Date: 10/11/13
Weight: 194
Bmi: 32 (obese)
Goal: healthier than today!
175 or below
Under 30 bmi

Last edited by Mozzy; 10-11-2013 at 02:45 PM.
Mozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 03:02 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 270/260s/120

Height: 5'1"

Dear Future LadyPetite,

You've already started and I'm proud of you. I know how you're feeling at the moment. I can sense the fire that has been ignited inside you, I know this time is the real deal. You're feeling crushed, heartbroken, rejected, and defeated. Don't do it to prove anything to him. Do it to prove it to yourself. It feels hopeless now. But come March you'll have come a long way. Both in forgiveness/acceptance and in your weight.

You might reach onederland, or you might not. It doesn't matter. But just remember, if you keep yourself consistent, five months from now you won't regret not making the effort.

The days, weeks and months will pass regardless.

Make them count.

Today's Date: 10/11/2013
Current Weight: 257.5 lbs
Goal: It doesn't matter, just less than what it is today. And to be happier than you are today.

LadyPetite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 03:33 PM   #12  
Goal is health

S/C/G: 238.8/176.1/163

Height: 5'8"

Date: 10/11/13

Dear Future Me,

How is that wedding dress fitting? Have you picked out some size 12/14 honeymoon outfits? Did you reach 165 yet?

10/11 you feel like you have let yourself down. Gaining back the weight. At this time, you weighed in at 201.1 which is a far cry from the 163 you weighed in February 2013. Today, 3/11/14, you are back towards goal, today you can feel confident wearing your wedding dress and seeing that handsome man standing at the end of the aisle. You can taste. The wedding is 2-3 months away!

You have been using that gym membership. You have learned how to lift properly and it shows. You have worked so hard.

Keep it up and if you aren't at goal, you will be there shortly.

Me

Last edited by DrivenByAmbition; 10-11-2013 at 03:34 PM.
DrivenByAmbition is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 10:18 AM   #13  
Living Intuitively

S/C/G: Heavy/Happy/Free

Here we are in Autumn. What a gorgeous time of year- another one of mother earth's very transparent transition. The leaves are changing and falling to the ground. The grass is becoming dormant and the evenings are becoming a cooler. Winter will be on our tails. For me, this time of year is where a lot of my energy turns inward. In the past, I have been filled with lots of negative self-talk during this time of year, because I find myself eating heavier foods and not exercising as much. However, I'm going to embrace those things this year.

I have started the innate lifestyle program, which is wonderful. I love my chiropractor. To some extent I have been struggling with how to measure success without the scale. It's also one of the reasons that I have become distant from 3FC- I felt that I didn't have anything to offer.

However, I now have very clear guidelines of things I need to work on.

I would like to continue with my daily exercises of gratitude and cleaning (which I feel reduces stress).

I want to add in more movement activities and increase my fruit and vegetable consumption.

Dear Future Self,
It's March, already?! Have the crocus come up yet? I hope the winter was wonderful! I bet the snow made your heart happy. You love each and every season. WAS GERMANY THE MOST AMAZING THING EVER?!

Have you been nurturing yourself? One of the things we wanted to work on was patience. I know that you wanted to be pregnant by the time you were answering this letter... if you are... OH MY GOODNESS. THIS IS EXCITING STUFF... And if you aren't...
You already know this, my dear... Everything happens when it is supposed to happen.

You have made amazing changes for the future of your children. You will have a family. :: hugs :: You are doing wonderful things. I hope that you are filled with joy each and every day. You are so very blessed and I hope that you don't forget that.

And can you believe it? This month we are starting the Grand Prix of Running series again! Amazing. Life is amazing and beautiful. Cheers to another changing of the seasons!

Love you much!

Oh- and a picture for good measure:

Last edited by lunarsongbird; 10-12-2013 at 10:24 AM.
lunarsongbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 11:53 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 183/ticker/120

Height: 5'2"

Dear Future Rated,

If I am reading this in March I have been continuing my healthy lifestyle for about 6 months. I hope you enjoyed shocking everyone at Christmas and will do it again at spring break. You planned on going wedding dress shopping in Dec. I hope that was an enjoyable experience with the new weight loss.

In Oct. you were struggling with including exercise to your routine since you were so tired after work everday. I hope opening this 6 months later you will have completed the c25K program, 30DS (all the way through) and started the new rules of weight lifting. Wow that is a lot but I know you can do it.

Date: Oct 10
Weight: 170.8
Measurements: Bust 39.5
Waist 34.5
Hips 45.5
Arms 13
Thighs 27
Rated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 03:36 PM   #15  
Maria

S/C/G: 253/144/129.8

Height: 5' 6"

Dear future Maria,

Memories/Emotions/Moods:
it is 22:00 on a Saturday night. You went out with friends today, but you dumped them an hour later because you got your period. So, it's Saturday night and all the normal symptoms you get two days before your period arrived at once, therefore you're lying in bed with two heating pads and you hate effing everything. Your brother is listening to stupid music next door. You should just punch him in the face and let it all out. I hope your period has gotten its **** together by the time you're reading this. Yes, this is one big boring paragraph about your period but shut up, it hurts a lot and unexpectedly, ok?

You weigh exactly 161.92 today. You made your second to last mini-goal of weighing less than your brother. Your last mini-goal for the time being is 7 lbs away. So, you're 7 lbs away from losing 100 lbs and 8 lbs away from normal BMI! So, this was a pretty good day until surprise!period, just so you know. You probably remember this, but today was when you met Belen, the woman who was born in Venezuela and lives in DC? So, you got to speak both spanish and english and you got all fangirly and she was horrified at first but she got used to it. Yeah, it was a great day today.

Goals:
In March, you'll have reached your initial goal but you know that you don't really want to stop at 152, so if you've stopped (don't), well, you'll have to start again, won't you? You haven't really figured out a real final goal at this time, I hope you have by then.

I want to tell you that you need to start building muscle but I don't trust you not to take a break once you've reached goal, so Ι don't know. But, yeah, if you have lost enough weight, figure out an eating and exercising plan for muscle building, etc.

Statistics as of 12/10/2013:
Weight: 161.92
BMI: 26.3
Fat%: 32.3
Waist: 28.7''
Before picture: You have one in your cellphone. Take a new one and upload them here. Τhe thingy that connects your cellphone to your laptop is in one of the baskets under the coffee table. Bet you've forgotten about that, haven't you?
If you're wondering about the crankiness, let me refer you to the last line of the first paragraph? If you're wondering whether you've butchered the grammar in this letter, I have nowhere to refer you, so... Yeah, bye now and good luck.

Last edited by Marniadec; 10-12-2013 at 03:39 PM.
Marniadec is offline   Reply With Quote