Closed Thread

Old 10-10-2013, 06:35 AM   #1  

Arrow IP Daily Chat Thursday 10/10/2013

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on plan

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page (top of forum, above all the topics) for lots of good information and please read here before asking what might be a frequently asked question: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads,
and here are the most recent Ideal Protein Protocol sheets

NOTE: Attached files in stickies (and elsewhere) have been nonfunctional for the past few weeks. Admin are a aware of the problem & it has been reported to tech support.
Links to Googledocs have been added for protocol sheets until technical issues are resolved

And before you cheat, read this thread:
The Real Cost of Cheating on Ideal Protein

Before starting new threads: spend some time reading the forum. Most new threads are duplicates, triplicates, quadruplicates. Folks who are the most successful, make time for research/reading.

More Recipes Here Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow
MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2
Fun with Ideal Protein Packets
Fun with Veggie Purees!
Ideal Protein Diet Recipes #4
Tips and Recipes from the Incredible Weight Loss Center

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos
Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website
Old 10-10-2013, 07:11 AM   #2  
Started IP August 14 2013

S/C/G: 216.5/153/155

Height: 5'7"

Default Thai peanut chicken

Good morning. Happy Thursday. It's raining here and I am so not looking forward to traffic. Getting home last night took forever. On the other hand, we need the rain and I love Fall.

Someone asked the other night, after I said how much I liked my dinner, how to make it. I tried to find which thread I pulled it from so I could post a link...had no luck.
So here it is. I'd give credit if I could...it is from an IP board somewhere

PEANUT BUTTER STIR FRY
• 1 teaspoons cornstarch OPTIONAL (adds 10 calories and 2 carbs, 0 sugar, 0 fat, 0 protein)
• 1/4 cup chicken broth
• 2 TBSP walden farms peanut butter
• 1 tablespoons braggs amino acid or soy sauce
• dash ground ginger
• dash salt & pepper
• 1- 8 ounce boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into strips
• 3 teaspoons olive oil, divided
• 1/4 cup chopped vidalia onion
• 1/4 cup thinly sliced sweet orange peppers
• 1/4 cup thinly sliced sweet red peppers
• 1/4 cup thinly sliced mushrooms
• 1 teaspoon minced garlic
In a small bowl, combine the first six ingredients until smooth, will be a little lumpy....but will get smooth in the pan; set aside.
In a large skillet or wok, stir-fry chicken in 1and1/2 teaspoons oil for 3-4 minutes or until no longer pink. Remove with a slotted spoon and keep warm.
Stir-fry onion and peppers in remaining oil for 3 minutes until soft but not caramelized. Add mushrooms; stir-fry 3-4 minutes longer or until vegetables are crisp-tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer.
Stir cornstarch mixture and add to the pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Add chicken; heat through.

I changed up veggies a little - used peppers, mushrooms, and cabbage. Cabbage feels a little like noodles.

Enjoy.

Last edited by vachinyc; 10-10-2013 at 07:12 AM.
Old 10-10-2013, 07:14 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 251/208/180

Height: 5'8"

Good morning, Lisa I spent this morning reading through the wealth of information you post every morning. Wow wish I would have done that a lot sooner!!! Thank you for your persistence and help on this site

I've been doing great on IP averaging 3.6 lbs to 4lbs a week. My coach says I'm her poster child on week 9 down 38.6 lbs. funny how I give my weight including the point something everytime now lol this week had that stomach bug and lost 5.2 in one week not a good loss got worried about health and hydration being sick. All better.

Love this site and enjoy reading and following a lot of your posts everyday. Decided today to join in a bit. Not doing all my usual cooking this week recovering from being sick and feeling a bit blah ;( but happy Wednesday all thank you for the support you give me everyday with your sharing!!

Last edited by kcdoe; 10-10-2013 at 07:16 AM.
Old 10-10-2013, 07:14 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 338/338/140

Height: 5'5"

Hooray for the moved "turtle ticker" Lisa!

I just got off work and need to go to sleep. BUT I am also almost out of veggies, so I really should go to the store. When supplies are low is when temptation rears its ugly head. So, I may as well have one more cup of coffee and drive to the produce store as soon as the kiddos leave for school. I will probably rest easier that way anyhow, knowing there are fresh cukes in fridge! LOL
Old 10-10-2013, 07:16 AM   #5  

Yum
Xanthan gum can be used instead of cornstarch for a thickener

Can you put it in the recipe thread so it can be re-found again?
Old 10-10-2013, 07:22 AM   #6  
Started IP August 14 2013

S/C/G: 216.5/153/155

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
Yum
Xanthan gum can be used instead of cornstarch for a thickener

Can you put it in the recipe thread so it can be re-found again?
Done. It is in thread 4 from your link above.
Old 10-10-2013, 08:41 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 210/see ticker/130

Height: 5'1

Hi everyone! I am back, I was on IP from Aug 19 to Sept 17th when I was hospitalized and had surgery and had to go off of IP. I am now going back on, it has been much harder to get back into it the second time, the upside is the three weeks I was off I did not gain any wait, can't say I lost any, but did not gain!
Old 10-10-2013, 08:44 AM   #8  
Third time's the charm!

S/C/G: 254.8/Ticker/145

Good morning IPers!

Week 13 and down another 2.4 lbs! I am now exactly 10.1 lbs away from Onderland, and 60 lbs away from goal!! No bite or taste of anything would bring me the same satisfaction I am feeling right now!

Hope everyone has a great OP day!

Last edited by shrinkingsusie; 10-10-2013 at 08:45 AM.
Old 10-10-2013, 08:49 AM   #9  
IP start date 8/1/2013

S/C/G: 195/138.6/130

Height: 4'10

It's weigh in day and Aunt Flo showed up. hopefully I still show a loss. My PMS hasn't been that bad but I am feeling a little bloated. Today I'm going to tell my coach that I'm switching to the alternatives. I just can't keep up the cost of the program. $85 a week has drained the **** out of my pocket. I'm sure it's not going to go very well!
Old 10-10-2013, 08:51 AM   #10  
Third time's the charm!

S/C/G: 254.8/Ticker/145

Quote:
Originally Posted by nolasmurf View Post
It's weigh in day and Aunt Flo showed up. hopefully I still show a loss. My PMS hasn't been that bad but I am feeling a little bloated. Today I'm going to tell my coach that I'm switching to the alternatives. I just can't keep up the cost of the program. $85 a week has drained the **** out of my pocket. I'm sure it's not going to go very well!
Good luck on both the weigh in and the "break-up."
Old 10-10-2013, 09:02 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 199.5/ticker/135

Good morning. I hope everyone is having a great OP day.

Not much going on in my world, but thought I would say Hi.
Old 10-10-2013, 09:07 AM   #12  

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by vachinyc View Post
PEANUT BUTTER STIR FRY
Thanks for this recipe - I am making this for supper tonight, yum!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrinkingsusie View Post
Good morning IPers!

Week 13 and down another 2.4 lbs! I am now exactly 10.1 lbs away from Onderland, and 60 lbs away from goal!! No bite or taste of anything would bring me the same satisfaction I am feeling right now!

Hope everyone has a great OP day!
Woohoo, WTG!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nolasmurf View Post
Good luck with your WI and the break up - hope both go well!

Happy Thursday! Only a half day at work today for me - my son has a right after school volleyball tournament at another school, that his school isn't providing transportation for, thanks <sigh>. So, I decided to take the afternoon to pick up a few more things at Costco for Thanksgiving this weekend and maybe clean up a few things in the yard.

I think the TOM bloat disappeared - I stepped on the scale last night (yes, I know, I shouldn't but I just *felt* different) and a definite drop happened so I can't wait to WI next week. Wait, did I actually just say that?

Have a great day everyone!

Jo
Old 10-10-2013, 09:07 AM   #13  
4/13-12/13 80lbs Loss

S/C/G: 256/176/120

Height: 5'0"

LISA!!!! Did your slug just move 2lbs???

Way to go!
Old 10-10-2013, 09:13 AM   #14  
Started IP 5/13/13

S/C/G: 185/128/135

Height: 5' 4 1/2"

Good morning everyone!

Feeling pretty good today. TMJ pain is still giving me fits, but I am keeping it under control with anti inflammatory meds. Had grilled hamburgers last night with sauteed mushrooms, green peppers, and onions. I used grapeseed oil and added chicken stock repeatedly to keep them from browning. The result was a delicious tender pile of veggies to put on our burgers, I guess it was my own version of philly steak burger!

Sonolady, just wanted to say "good morning sunshine"! Thanks for the nice words last night.

Sunshine and 70 today. After our early winter storm last Friday it has been a beautiful Fall week!
Old 10-10-2013, 09:13 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 259.2/ticker/160

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrinkingsusie View Post
Good luck on both the weigh in and the "break-up."
"break-up"...love it! I've been contemplating alternatives. I'm not 100% confident in it yet BUT there's enough info on this site for me to dig through and make the decision. Yall have a great day!
Closed Thread