Old 10-06-2013, 03:09 AM   #1  

Default Blu Team Fall into Fitness 2013 CHAT Thread Week 1 (10/06/13 - 10/13/13)

Well here we are Blue team are you ready for this

Welcome to all of the returning blue team members and a warm welcome to all of our new Blue teammates. I'm glad to have you with us and to help you get to your goals.

This is my 8th challenge I think. I did really well on the first three the last ones not so great but I think that I'm so close to goal that my body like where it is. I will be trying to go down another 10-20lbs but I'm not sure if that's even realistic. I have been maintaining within about 5-7lbs for the last two years and I need to take some satisfaction in that as I've lost before and never kept it off....not even for a couple months.

I'm 46, single and work for a retail chain in Calgary, AB. I am a photo lab manager and have been with the same company for 22.5 years now. I do mostly waking for exercise and add a few runs in here and there. I stopped full running as I have planters and heel spurs that flare up more when I run. I am try to add more strength routines in and try to eat healthy for the most part.

Well that's enough rambling from me.....would love to hear form the rest of you now.
Old 10-06-2013, 05:21 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 398/257/150

Height: 5'6"

Hi Blue Team !
My name is Leslie and I am the Blue Team Co-Leader. I keep track and post the weekly results for the weigh-ins. I'm generally pretty quiet on the boards but do read all of the posts.
I am 47 and married for 16 years to an amazing guy. We don't have any children and both work for the same software company. I was out of the workforce for many years and just got back into it a few months ago with a new profession. So far the work has been great.
This will be my 5th challenge (I think) and lately it's been quite a struggle to lose. I've managed to maintain which is a huge win compared to previous behavior and patterns.
Have a great week 1 everyone !
Old 10-06-2013, 08:52 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 280/278/180

Height: 5'8"

Hi! I'm Kathy and I'm so happy to be on your team and be in this challenge!
I'm 47 and married for 30 years (last month) to the best man in the world. We have 1 son who is now married and living in another state.
I've lost over 55 lbs since the end of May.. and I plan to lose a lot more during this challenge! Let's do this!
Old 10-06-2013, 09:09 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 233/see ticker/130

Height: 5'4"

Hello! I'm Janice and I am also very happy to be on your team and participating in this challenge. I will be 47 next month and I m also married to the best man in the world (LOL). I've lost 50 pounds since I've started by weight loss journey and hope to lose another 50 by the end of next year.
Old 10-06-2013, 11:53 AM   #5  

Hi Leslie hope you summer was great.

Welcome aboard Kathy and Janice it great to have you on our team.

Wow so far were all the same age....I'm 47 next week and 3 of you have the greatest husband in the world. So is he a traveling salesman and I in the same...LOL. That's awesome that you have great husbands and support.

Janice you scared me a bit until I reread thought you wanted to lose 50 by end of this year. I was thinking that's not super healthy. Pay to read

Well not much in the plans today drinking my coffee now, need to color my hair later and workout. Pretty easy day in store....that what a day off should be.

Oh ya my name is Jacky
Old 10-06-2013, 12:45 PM   #6  

LOL Jacky, Thankfully my husband isn't a traveling salesman otherwise I'd be wondering how many wives he has. I'm glad we all have the best husband in the world.
I need to color my hair again. The silver is coming back but I hate coloring it because it's so long that I make a horrible mess when I do it myself. Maybe I can ask my sister in law for her help again.
My coffee cup is almost empty. I'll check back in later.
Old 10-06-2013, 04:50 PM   #7  
Haley wants to run!

Height: 5'9"

Hi Team. I'm Haley in New Jersey. I'm 30 yrs old single mom to a 10 year old girl. Part time student and searching for employment. This is my first challenge. I'm happy to be on the blue team because it's my favorite color.
Old 10-06-2013, 05:28 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 197/ticker/135

Height: 5'4"

Hi, everyone!

My name's Caro, and I'm excited for my first challenge. I'm 31 and single and blue is my favorite color too!
Old 10-06-2013, 07:00 PM   #9  
Momof4

S/C/G: 317/*ticker*/198

Hello Everyone

I'm Magan 28 (in 2 weeks), mommy to a 3 yr old boy and 17 month old girl, and wife to a stud muffin. I'm excited to be able to match him a little better again We homestead so most of my time is busy chasing my kids or chasing an animal or two. I lovvveee The Biggest Loser and can't wait for Tuesday. I hope to get even closer to my goals with the help of all of you!
Old 10-06-2013, 08:12 PM   #10  

S/C/G: SW194/CW144/GW140

Height: 5.10

Hello everyone!!! Looking forward to a great challenge this time.

This is my third challenge. The first one went great. And the second one, I hit a big stall. I actually took about a 4 month break from dieting and seemed to maintain my weight ok during that time. The last 20 pounds are the hardest. But I am determined to finish.

My name is Rennie and I'm 43. I also have a great husband but wish that he would join me on this journey. It's hard to do this alone which is why I love this website. I have three wonderful kids that keep me busy DS 13, DS 11 and DD10.

Go BLUE
Old 10-06-2013, 09:44 PM   #11  
Here We Go

S/C/G: Ticker

Height: 5'7"

Hello, my name is Gina. I'm joining this challenge with my best friend and cousin, onmyown1981. I turned 26 today and am hoping to turn healthy eating and exercise into a daily routine. I want to get my body in shape and healthy so that I may live a longer and more fulfilling life.

I moved to Ohio in August and will be starting a nursing program in January. I am hoping that a healthy lifestyle will lead to weight loss that makes the job of being a nurse easier on my body.

Good luck to everyone! Looking forward to getting to know all of you
Old 10-06-2013, 09:45 PM   #12  

Hi, I'm Amy and I'm 32. I have been trying to lose weight since I was in high school but never the right way. I would lose a lot by restricting and would always gain it back fast plus extra. This year a switch finally was flipped and I had my Eureka! moment where I realized it can't be done with a diet and I had to make a lifestyle change. I started late March/early April and have lost a total of 38 pounds to date. It is literally the hardest thing I have ever done and I struggle every day.

I am excited to be in this challenge to help give me the extra motivation and push to keep going when I have an especially off day.

It is tough but I know I am tougher!

Good Luck everyone!

Last edited by OnMyOwn1981; 10-06-2013 at 09:48 PM.
Old 10-07-2013, 12:24 AM   #13  
Believing is Seeing

S/C/G: 260/188/150

Hi Blue Team - I'm Dora, from Oregon. I'm 62, but since I saw so many 47 year olds are here, I think I'll meld with them Mother of 5, 4 sons (1 deceased) 1 Down Syndrome daughter. I have been an RN for 30 years and have just recently retired. MY best-in-the-world husband and I raise chickens, grow vegetables and hope to start bee-keeping soon on our 5 acre mini-farm.

I also wish my DH would join me, but he is at least drinking green smoothies each morning. I have been in MANY of these challenges, but this year has been the best. I have lost 66 lbs since the beginning of the year, off plan most of August and September, and back on IN EARNEST. . . (the ever-present) . . . tomorrow. But seriously, I am committed to this team and my own efforts, hoping to lose at least 20 lbs this challenge.

Nice to "meet" you all and look forward to chatting and celebrating all our losses. Go Blue!!!
Old 10-07-2013, 01:00 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 277/231/150

Height: 5' 4"

Hi everybody, I’m Pearl and I’m in my mid-50’s, married and I have 3 almost/should be grown kids at home. I have a desk job that keeps me very busy and it’s easy to slip into a no exercise & fast food lifestyle. I think it will be a lot harder for me to do that since I am now accountable to a team. I’ve lost about 25 lbs since 8/1 and I’m looking forward to working together to get where we want to be.
Old 10-07-2013, 09:26 AM   #15  

Good morning blue team! It's nice to see more of you have posted. I think the only name I recognize is Nagazim.
I look forward to getting to know you all.

Last edited by Only Believe; 10-07-2013 at 09:26 AM.