Closed Thread

Old 10-05-2013, 07:47 AM   #1  

Default IP Weekend Chat Sat 10/5 - Sun 10/6/2013

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on plan

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page (top of forum, above all the topics) for lots of good information and please read here before asking what might be a frequently asked question: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads,
and here are the most recent Ideal Protein Protocol sheets

NOTE: Attached files in stickies (and elsewhere) have been nonfunctional for the past few weeks. Admin are a aware of the problem & it has been reported to tech support.
Links to Googledocs have been added for protocol sheets until technical issues are resolved

And before you cheat, read this thread:
The Real Cost of Cheating on Ideal Protein

Before starting new threads: spend some time reading the forum. Most new threads are duplicates, triplicates, quadruplicates. Folks who are the most successful, make time for research/reading.

More Recipes Here Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow
MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2
Fun with Ideal Protein Packets
Fun with Veggie Purees!
Ideal Protein Diet Recipes #4
Tips and Recipes from the Incredible Weight Loss Center

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos
Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website
Old 10-05-2013, 07:51 AM   #2  

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning everyone!!! Hope everyone has a great OP day!
Old 10-05-2013, 07:56 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 156/124/125

Height: 5'4"

Good morning all!! I'm glad you slept in a bit Lisa!!!

Sending out IP POWER and yes WILL POWER DUST sorry Lisa I dont know how or where you got that great Dust yesterday!
Old 10-05-2013, 08:03 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 338/338/140

Height: 5'5"

Haven't posted lately because life has been crazy. I am still 100% OP, but that would not be possible had I not planned ahead.
Last week, I cooked all weekend. One day I cooked several meats for the freezer, and another day I cooked several big batches of different veggies.
With our crazy week, having things precooked was a lifesaver! I cannot imagine how stressful things would have been, had I not had IP protocol meals ready to come home to.
Starting my morning with coffee w/splenda and 1 tbsp skim milk - having breakfast in an hour (another cup of coffee, cold, with a chocolate EAS shake and ice in the blender).
I am not an organized person, so forcing myself to plan ahead has helped me stay on plan. Now, if I could only learn to plan ahead and organize the rest of my life......
Old 10-05-2013, 08:13 AM   #5  

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonolady View Post
Lisa I dont know how or where you got that great Dust yesterday!
It is in the smilies

Totally shocked/happy I slept in.
That happens almost never

Last edited by lisa32989; 10-05-2013 at 08:16 AM.
Old 10-05-2013, 08:20 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 160/tracker/125

Height: 5'2"

Sonolady - may I ask how log did it take you to loose your weight? I have the same stat and goal as you are. Please share if you can.
Old 10-05-2013, 08:28 AM   #7  

Quote:
Originally Posted by masenki View Post
Sonolady - may I ask how log did it take you to loose your weight? I have the same stat and goal as you are. Please share if you can.
I started June 25th. The scale has not been moving as fast I would like, and I haven't lost inches in a big way. There were weeks that the scale or tape measure didnt move, frustrating for me, but compared to some others it was for a few weeks only and then seemed like I would drop 2 lbs. The last time I had a weigh in after 2 weeks with no loss it was a 2lb loss and the tape move 1/4 inch off my hips and 1/4 in off the chest. The waist hasnt moved in 6 weeks.

2lbs from goal and P2, my ultimate goal is to stay between 125 and 130, so I am there now, but I've learned here that you gain a bit in P3 so I want to lose a couple more to stay in my goal range. I am doing all the research now with help from 3FC and everyone here.
Old 10-05-2013, 08:32 AM   #8  

Lisa Thanks again, I continue to learn from you!!!

Old 10-05-2013, 08:37 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 160/tracker/125

Height: 5'2"

Sonolady - thank you for your reply. I anticipate the same struggle. People have quicker progress when there are pounds to loose. I'm hoping this program will re-wire my brain - portion sizes, no sweets. Im trying not to eat restricted, because I don't want to think its OK to eat waffles or chips or cookies. I dont want to have them after this program, so I shouldn't have them now. Its not easy by any means.
Old 10-05-2013, 08:42 AM   #10  

Quote:
Originally Posted by masenki View Post
Sonolady - thank you for your reply. I anticipate the same struggle. People have quicker progress when there are pounds to loose. I'm hoping this program will re-wire my brain - portion sizes, no sweets. Im trying not to eat restricted, because I don't want to think its OK to eat waffles or chips or cookies. I dont want to have them after this program, so I shouldn't have them now. Its not easy by any means.
I am a vegetarian for 37 yrs, eat healthy foods, whole grains really no junk. Martinis on the Sat night, nachos, pizza and pasta were my down falls as well as being very happy in a new relationship for 12 yrs. So the weight crept on and I couldnt get if off no matter what I did. For me I believe it was eliminating carbs and IP and the crew here taught me how to do it so it works! I know I cant go back to what I was doing, its a life style change
Old 10-05-2013, 08:42 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 325/312/190

Height: 5'6

Good morning!

Restful weekend planned, so I think I'm going to spend some time cooking and preparing for the week ahead. There's a chocolate waffle recipe that I want to try out. Also bought the IP double chocolate brownie, so I want to try that out for the first time.

Have a great fall weekend!
Old 10-05-2013, 08:56 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 157/143/135

Height: 5'6"

Good morning, week 1 is over and down 6lbs quite amazing. But hard work too. Woke up a little light headed this morning, not sure why. A little tired of the soups with 2c veggies at noon and it's only been one week, any suggestions? I'm excited too, already see a difference in my body . I know it won't be like this every week, but I'll sure take it this week. Good luck and eat healthy to everyone. LittleStar, I liked the chocolate brownie, hope you do as well

Last edited by Not 2 old 4 skinny; 10-05-2013 at 08:57 AM.
Old 10-05-2013, 09:04 AM   #13  

Oh, yes, going out to dinner tonight for the first time since I started the IP, a little nervous about that. Will see a movie this afternoon (Gravity) with DH (not sure what that means...darling husband, damn husband or something I'm guessin') Church tomorrow and golf on TV, we both love it . Hope everyone has a good weekend. SONOLADY, love your posts .
Old 10-05-2013, 09:10 AM   #14  

Lisa, you mentioned asking questions how do you add a quote from someone else to your post? And how do you fine your Buddy list? Thanks for all your great info, wonderful posts!
Old 10-05-2013, 09:12 AM   #15  

Directions for quoting are in the first post of this thread
Lots of info there if you haven't read it

I'm not sure what you mean by "fine your buddy list"
Closed Thread