South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 10-03-2013, 06:50 AM   #1  

Height: 5' 5"

Default Thursday SBD Chat 10-3

Good Morning ladies! I spent a couple minutes trying to come up with a cutesy title and couldn't do it! My brain must still be asleep. Good thing my thermos is full and ready to go.

Today is our last day of sun for a bit; right now the weekend looks to be rainy. Murphy's Law I guess. It always rains on the weekends...

Today is another busy day at work. At least I have my food packed and I took some Dump Chicken out of the freezer for tonight. Planning is always the key isn't it.

Hope everyone has a great day! I will be back later.
Old 10-03-2013, 07:00 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Good morning Beth hope you have a great day at school. I completely agree planning is everything! Yesterday I made a double batch of chickpea and red lentil soup plus the creamy Mexican Chicken (two of my favorites) Fortunately DS eats pretty much anything except fruit.

Today is errands followed by a meeting at school tonight. Otherwise a normal exciting day here I do need to buy a plastic tarp to cover my patio table. I better check the weather as it looks pretty dreary. Have a great day!
Old 10-03-2013, 07:03 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Good morning Beth, thanks for starting us off! My first thought when you couldn't think of a name was "thursday crawl", because I feeling like I'm crawling to the weekend! You're reminding me I need to check the weather forecast, I haven't bothered for a while. It's foggy for us out there right now, it's quite beautiful.

I just made reservations to visit my mom in December, and that's the weekend after I see the inlaws (holy cow, what was I thinking?!?). I have a CE class in the beginning of November as well, it looks like it will be a busy early winter.

I'm still waiting for it to cool off so I can make all my favorite soups!! It's just not right to have lots of soups when it's 75 degrees out. Although the leaves are sure cooperating!

Otherwise, a long day at work. Hopefully not as exciting and exhausting as Tuesday.
Old 10-03-2013, 07:04 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Good morning Jennifer! Can I have a bit of your creamy Mexican casserole?
Old 10-03-2013, 07:11 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Good morning!

Beth, thanks for starting us up while I was mulling over a cutesy title for today, too! It will be at least another hour before my brain catches up with the rest of me and my wittiness kicks in. Enjoy your sunshine today before the clouds move in!

Thank goodness it's Thursday, and I'm viewing this weekend as a reward for all the work I've been doing all week. It will be so good to be back next week and have this Chester County Day thing behind us, and I hope they don't sign up for the tour again next year. Whew!

Today I just have to go around with a dustcloth to give everything a final polish, and I have to pick up Audrey from school early to take her for a post-op checkup in Wilmington. I hope we get out of there early to beat the rush hour! After I get home, I have laundry and packing, and making sure I don't have to run to the grocery store to get anything Jake might need while I'm gone, and I must remember to print my boarding pass! Tomorrow at this time, I'll be sitting at my airport gate with a cup of coffee, waiting for my flight to Boston.
Old 10-03-2013, 07:18 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Jennifer, I have yet to make that Creamy Mexican Casserole, but the way you all rave about it, I'm going to have to make it soon. Using fake chicken, of course, to make it vegetarian.

Tammy, I'm also waiting for what I call "soup weather." I have a new recipe for a vegetable soup that I'm eager to try. Somehow, soup doesn't taste as good when it's 80* outside to me. It sure looks like you're going to have a busy winter of traveling ahead!
Old 10-03-2013, 08:23 AM   #7  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning. Another "late" start for me as I seem able to sleep until after 7 these darker mornings. Must be the drugs.

Dump chicken and the creamy Mexican casserole are two things I've not made yet. As the weather gets cooler, I'm more into comfort foods - even had soup for lunch yesterday. Cyndi posted a hot and and sour crockpot soup recipe yesterday on FB - looks yummy and OP. I can easily get all the ingredients except the tofu so I see a trip to town in my future. I'm still finding driving quite painful so it may be next week.

Nothing exciting on today's schedule although I need to do a bank run again. The lads still have not come to clean up the huge tree mess in the yard - I must give them a gentle nudge. Next person who says "Let me know what I can do" will receive a lesson on how to run the Dyson. The dogs are being very good but stuff is still being tracked in from outside. Wee Lulu seems to be enjoying herself and is acting like a real dog instead of a little stuffed toy. She and Jazz are great at fake fighting.

Enjoy this sunny fall day.
Old 10-03-2013, 08:45 AM   #8  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

I do believe I am coming down with a cold so feeling a bit blah and the weather this morning matched cloudy and drizzly.

St. Louis is geared up for post season playoffs that starts today but I am not catching the fever lol.

Tonight will just be catching up on laundry, we found some good deals at the rummage sale we went to last evening so that added to the pile.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day!
Old 10-03-2013, 07:53 PM   #9  

Height: 5' 5"

Jennifer, I LOVE that creamy mexican chicken too! I'm shocked to hear Ruth and Linda have not tried it.

As for the Dump Chicken, periodically my local store does "truckload" meat sales and will have a 10 lb bag of boneless, skinless chicken breasts for a crazy price. I trim them right away then stash them in the freezer in a variety of marinades. The Asian and Pepper Lime are 2 favorites, along with Italian dressing. Freezing the meat already in the marinade was a new idea for me and I find it really works well. Makes it easy at dinner time!

Last edited by Beth19; 10-03-2013 at 07:55 PM.
Closed Thread