Old 10-01-2013, 02:13 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 233/233/130

Height: 5'4"

Question Skin Removal Surgery?

Ok this is a loooooooooooooong ways away for me BUT for anyone who is at goal and has lost quiet a bit of weight did you or will you have skin removal surgery?

I know for my friend who is going to phase out she is looking into it, she has lost 109lbs, he Dr supports this decision.

Anyone here have it done or wants to do it? I think I will if I get to that point, my bat wings and the blop below my belly button. 3 C-sections can do a number on you down there and nothing is normal after that!
sarahBell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 02:20 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 240/160/165

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahBell View Post
Ok this is a loooooooooooooong ways away for me BUT for anyone who is at goal and has lost quiet a bit of weight did you or will you have skin removal surgery?

I know for my friend who is going to phase out she is looking into it, she has lost 109lbs, he Dr supports this decision.

Anyone here have it done or wants to do it? I think I will if I get to that point, my bat wings and the blop below my belly button. 3 C-sections can do a number on you down there and nothing is normal after that!
Your starting weight is 233 correct? I started at 240 and I don't think I need surgery, yeah it would be nice to have lipo to get rid of the flabby arms but I think it can all be done in the gym over time.
cassieleeanne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 02:26 PM   #3  

I thought abt the gym too, I am just worried about all the flab that will be left after is all said and done
Old 10-01-2013, 02:29 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 240/160/165

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahBell View Post
I thought abt the gym too, I am just worried about all the flab that will be left after is all said and done
I think if you workout slowing at first mostly cardio you will be fine. Once you start getting closer to your ideal weight start toning with you cardio and you should be fine. i would think a gym membership would be way cheaper than going under the knife.
cassieleeanne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 02:29 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 259.2/ticker/160

Height: 5'9"

I've talked this over with my mom a lot because i want to loose 100 lbs and fear the worst. We talked about how your skin is basically a body organ and it needs time to heal. Of course the surgery would be a plus to get you closer to your goal/happiness/ideal body but I would wait at least a year (after you reach your goal) to give your body time to adapt to your new weight. This 'organ' needs time to heal from the weight it used to carry!
ems70508 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 02:35 PM   #6  

Our poor skin, over worked and abused!
We are going to join the gym that is only $10 per month per person and you get a personal trainer to try out for 1 month!! There are no fees or contracts (YAY!!!!) So that is next on our list for the winter mainly. That will help ALOT!