Old 09-03-2013, 02:56 PM   #1  
Sherry, Senior Member

S/C/G: 194/172/158

Height: 5'-7

Default MRC September 2013

Wow this forum has really quieted down. Where is everyone.
skelley331 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 03:03 PM   #2  

I'm here!

Anyone have some good tips for cheaper alternatives to the MRC HNS or supplements?
texan470 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 03:13 PM   #3  

Height: 5' 5"

Hope all had a great Labor Day Weekend! My family went down to Disney World on Sunday. Believe it or not, I actually stayed on plan and when I weighed in today, I lost a pound!!! Happy Dance!

I got a new toy last week that is really helping me stay focused and on track. It's called the Fitbit Flex. You wear it on your wrist and it measures the number of steps you take, calories burned, you can log your foods and water into the app on your phone or their website. It has Bluetooth so it can sync with your phone whenever you open the app. It also tracks your weight, sleeping habits, and exercise. I love it! If I notice I'm sitting around too much being lazy, I try to move around more to increase my calorie deficit to help my weight loss efforts. After one week, I am impressed. It has made me much more aware of activity levels, eating, and liquid intake. Hopefully this is what it takes to keep me focused and not stray from eating right. That's up to me I guess.

Last edited by JenB72; 09-03-2013 at 03:14 PM.
JenB72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 04:14 PM   #4  
Beware the Harpie

S/C/G: 225.4/ticker/145

JenB72, I have a Fitbit Flex as well. I love it... especially on those days when I get to the gym
CelticHarpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 09:19 PM   #5  
Sherry, Senior Member

Oh wow i'll have to check it out!
Old 09-03-2013, 09:29 PM   #6  

One of my friends at work bought one this weekend after seeing mine. He had thought about it since it was released in May, but it's been on backorder everywhere until recently.

Celtic, have you tried the premium membership or just the free one? I'm wondering if Premium is worth it.
JenB72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 04:02 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 201/185/150

Height: 5' 10"

Weigh in today. Down 15.5 pounds. It seems like every other weigh in I lose. Am so pleased to have the weight still coming off! Gives me hope that I can do this.
yungathart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 04:41 PM   #8  
Sherry, Senior Member

Default starting over

Well ladies wish me luck i'm going to start over on MRC, starting with pre-conditioning tomorrow, I have all the sheets and information and I still have 4 months left on maintenance to be able to get my HNS drinks but i'm not going to take all the other stuff I did before like the MRC-6, cortitrim, etc. Only the HNS drinks, vitamin and EFA oil. I only need to lose about 10-15 lbs and I know if I went back to the green menu I could probably do that but I need to get my mind back into the preconditioning mode. I hope I can do this if not then I guess i'm doomed. Say a prayer for me. Thanks
Old 09-05-2013, 04:18 PM   #9  

Height: 5'4"

I'm starting again today. I gained back about 10 lbs. in almost two months of being totally off program. Just lost my motivation I guess. But I stocked up on new HNS and went grocery shopping and am back on track. I am just happy that I stopped it before I went back up to my starting weight. I am still down about 26 lbs. from my high point when I started MRC in the spring.

Guess I had better change my signature, or maybe just turn it off for awhile.
Monkeysocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 05:06 AM   #10  

Default Gaining in maintenance?

If you don't mind sharing, were you on a specific maintenance program or just eating as you feel when you gained weight back? I wish you all the luck in the world shedding the ten! Chris
Old 09-06-2013, 05:09 AM   #11  

This has been a tough day for me. First day I felt very tempted to snack and had some extra cheese. My family is planning conversations with my mothers doctor to move her into hospice. I am 2000 miles away from her and I know things are changing quickly...but it is hard to consider and accept. Now planning to go back to see her quickly.
Old 09-06-2013, 06:18 AM   #12  

Quote:
Originally Posted by texan470 View Post
I'm here!

Anyone have some good tips for cheaper alternatives to the MRC HNS or supplements?
I buy my HNS from Diet Direct when they are on sale.. I use the Proti Diet Gel type drinks.. I also use to buy the BariWise Meal Replacement Shaesfrom them when on sale. There shipping is reasonable.. I have a friend that buys their bars, but do not know the brand.. I always compared MRC box I had with what was equivalent to MRC. Or if in doubt did a live chat with them

From what I have seen while on this forum, there are no real replacements for supplements, but I never took many while on Meta Slim before maintenance.
Patzi
patzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 06:20 AM   #13  

I had Maintenance Weigh in on Tuesday and gained 1 1/2 pounds, no reason, just did.. I am working on taking it off before next Tuesday weigh in. I usually weigh in every other week, but if I gain I weigh in weekly till back to where I was before gain.. Still under goal, but I strive to stay 5 pounds under goal.

Wishing you all a great September weight loss.

Wish this group was more active. Has become very quiet.

Patzi
Old 09-06-2013, 06:23 AM   #14  

I never head of Fitbit Flex.. Thanks for sharing Jen.. Congrats on your focus on being away and weight loss.. That is great.

Patzi
Old 09-06-2013, 02:05 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 235.5/See Ticker/150

Height: 5'5

Default Happy September!

Well folks, I am now down officially 35 lbs!!!

40 more to go. Sad how I had let myself go. :/

The last few weeks haven't been easy on me. Problems with the ex husband, problems with the kids... and we had an 80th birthday party for my father over Labor Day weekend... so I haven't stuck 100% on plan. I am surprised and happy that I even lost weight these last couple of weeks. I seriously thought I would gain.

Anyway, I am hoping that life will calm down a bit as September is here - and I get back into routines! With that will come some semblance to my eating habits!

Happy September and good luck everyone!
Lady67 is offline   Reply With Quote