Old 09-26-2013, 01:31 PM   #1  
My own kind of beautiful

S/C/G: 334/245/175

Height: 5'5"

Default College Students Weight Loss Support

Any other college students in the house? (Or rather on their computers? haha)
I am a senior in college, and this has been super tough on me, but I know I can't be alone!
I thought this could be a great place to vent about cafeteria woes, and exercise woes, or just support in general for us college kids!
Please share your story, or any struggles you have had, or are having, and hopefully we will have advice for you!
Deana509 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 02:41 PM   #2  
YOLO

S/C/G: 156/128-130/Fit(ter)

Height: 5'7"

I'm also a senior in college but I don't live on campus (therefore, no cafeteria woes for me). It's nice meeting others who are in the same year/age range!
Please Do Not is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 04:33 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 127/123/110-115

Height: 5'3

Yeah, I totally understand.

I'm not a senior, but I'm in college and it's really hard to find time to eat right and cook and exercise regularly while doing homework and studying too. Plus I tend to stress eat late at night...
Runnergirl00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 04:55 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 250/ticker/150

Height: 5'5''

By next year I'll hopefully have a bachelor of science in math (I live en Europe, so the education system doesn't quite compare ) But I would like to join. How old are you all?
fuma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 05:11 PM   #5  
My own kind of beautiful

S/C/G: 334/245/175

Height: 5'5"

I am 22

Fuma, Where in Europe?
Deana509 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 05:14 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 230/226.4/150

Height: 5'3.75"

I too am a senior at college!
I live in apartments that my school owns, so technically I am on campus, but I can cook for myself. The meal plan here sucks and the food provided on campus is terrible for you (and over-priced).
As for working out, I walk everywhere and go to the gym for half an hour every other day or so. I found that by figuring out a time or an exercise that I like doing, I could find an excuse to fit it into my day. Also, making to do lists is fantastic!

Also, I am 21.
Davikatl16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 05:27 PM   #7  
Is walking to Mt. Doom

S/C/G: 195/ticker/135

Height: 5 ft 7

hiya!!

I'm a 2nd year at uni in the UK, and I'm 23. I live in a rented house with some friends and cook for myself.

Unfortunately, 3 of the 5 of us are boys and they eat a ridiculous amount of food on a daily basis, so I have to be careful not to be tempted by the endless cake on supply. I've only been back for 7 days, but so far so good!

Fortunately there is a brilliant sports facility right on my doorstep and it only costs £30 a month for students.
lilsquirrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 05:36 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 250/ticker/150

Height: 5'5''

I'm 24 and from denmark

I share a kitchen with 10 others, so I cook my own food. But I think the hardest part about being in school and trying to lose weight is that social stuff is almost always about drinking and eating food. And I suck at saying no - big time xD
fuma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 05:38 PM   #9  

I guess that's where I luck out. Usually if there is social things with my friends we all get together and bring food to share. It is super fun that way! Also I have two roommates from China this semester and we all share food
Old 09-26-2013, 07:25 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 165/160/120

Height: 5' 4''

Hey there! I'm also a senior in college, studying Spanish and Chemistry.

Being back at school has been awesome, but also sucky. We have a great cafeteria, but it's hard to estimate calories. I work in the bakery, and once I calculated that a single cupcake had nearly 500 calories! And while they have a great selection of different veggies, half the time their covered in oil.

But I also have a bunch of friends that are into fitness and health; I know one group of friends that lifts together a few times a week, and my roommate came on a run with me this morning. Plus I do yoga, and dance all the time with my friends, and just started Taijitsu classes!
Espronceda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 06:27 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 208/ticker/185

Height: 5'10

I'm not technically in "college," but I'm still a student! haha. Last year law student. We think it's different...probably isn't.

Since starting law school, I have gained a good 30lbs. Part of it was the shift from Varsity athlete to Varsity page turner, and part of it was eating terrible foods.

I think the toughest part about losing in college or law school is budget. I know I don't have a steady income during the semester. I work as a graduate assistant for the MBA school, which pays part of my tuition, but that's about it. I know everyone says healthy food doesn't cost more, but idk...I understand the idea of time sacrifices to cook the healthy food, but sometimes convenience is key. I'm not sure where I'm going with that but...lol.

Anywho, glad there are other students here.
alicrimson88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 11:07 PM   #12  

Oh goodness, do the rest of you also have those moments where stress from the sheer amount of work due affects your sleeping/eating/exercise habits?

I realized today that I have less than ten weeks to read, research, and write my senior thesis paper. I'm freaking out about it. In a way, this is good, because I will actually work on it. But it is also a terrible state to be in this early in the semester! AHHHH!
Old 10-03-2013, 12:45 PM   #13  

S/C/G: SW: 478 CW:420 GW 175

Height: 5'4"

hello I am a 24 year old college student. I was wondering how everyone balances working out with a heavy course load? It seems like I have my diet down but between work school and homework I have very little free time to want to workout and when I do, lets just say most days I would like to mindless watch Dr.Who instead of sweat my butt off, especially since I've been working on a couple major papers and sadistics I mean statistics.
almostaginger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 06:41 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 295/see ticker/150

Height: 5'9

Hey all, I am a junior and we live on campus but in the campus owned apartments. Between part time work, classes, and working as a research assistant my schedule is CRAZY.

I eat at the dining hall for lunch a couple days a week, its ok-ish because they have calorie counts and usually really decent veggie items and grilled meats with not too horrible counts, I just with the had measuring cups so I am not guesstimating, I eyeball what I think is one serving and count 2 just to give myself leeway.

Finding time to exercise has been what has suffered most this semester and I would bet that is the main reason my weight has stalled out since september
pnkrckpixikat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 01:08 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 238/203/140

Height: 5'4

Oh my god, yes, come here thread, let me hold you close. I'm a first year med student, and this semester has been k i l l i n g me. I'm thankfully not living on cafeteria food, so I can monitor my food intake just fine, but my biggest problems have been finding time to exercise, and for awhile there at the beginning, I was forgetting to pause to take food breaks in my studying. With that last one, though, setting an alarm for every three hours to remind me to eat has saved my life.

almostaginger: I was having that same problem, but I sort of solved it by doing a 20 minute strength training workout when I wake up, letting myself watch one episode of one of my shows each night after all of my homework is finished, and dedicating my one free day, Mondays, to running. Depending on your course load, you might be able to squeeze in some workouts between homework assignments.

Last edited by versace; 10-08-2013 at 01:09 PM.
versace is offline   Reply With Quote