General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 09-26-2013, 01:27 AM   #1  
Lifelong Alaskan!

S/C/G: 230/180/150

Height: 5'5"

Default Ear Fluid Question

So between the leg numbness (posted over in weight training) and the BCP question posted over here, I feel like a walking medical example lately LOL.

Has anyone experienced this before? My ears are both really itchy at times. It comes and goes. Then there is clear liquid leaking from one or the other, or both, after I scratch them. And I scratch them lightly. I'm not in there digging around and rupturing things. When I wake up in the morning I have dried crusties in the outer ears from liquid during the night. This only began happening off and on since I had a serious ear infection in ONE ear about 2 years ago. A year prior to that, I had a moderate ear infection in the other ear. But the itchies and liquid have become more common.

Googling has been incredibly unhelpful. All I can find is that I'm leaking cerebral (brain) fluid but I'm pretty sure that's not it. It's not liquid ear wax as my ears are pretty wax-free and the dried stuff is not yellow-wax colored. And at a doctor's visit last month, my ears were examined with nothing found wrong.

What am I missing? And how do I fix it? .....I have no idea...
alaskanlaughter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 10:57 AM   #2  
Miraculous Amus Babus ;)

S/C/G: 271/217/140

Hi,

I think that it is best to go to an ear, nose and throat doctor (otolaryngologist). They specialize in these type of issues, I see one for various nasal and ear issues as needed, they can be quite helpful.

Good luck.

Amy
seabiscuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 11:33 AM   #3  
OMW to a brand new me!

S/C/G: 312/seeticker/135

Height: 5'1"

Go see your Dr. I have this happen as well, but mine is allergies and ezcema.
lazylioness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 12:33 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 313/175/147

Height: 5'7.5

I have that every time before I get sick or am getting a cold. Not sure why, but it happens for everyone I know - its just a sign you're getting a little run down. You're in Alaska, as I am also, and with the seasonal changes there's always new allergies and getting a cold seems to be part of the deal. Either that or you're brain is leaking.
JulesMarion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 07:52 PM   #5  
Lifelong Alaskan!

S/C/G: 230/180/150

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by JulesMarion View Post
I have that every time before I get sick or am getting a cold. Not sure why, but it happens for everyone I know - its just a sign you're getting a little run down. You're in Alaska, as I am also, and with the seasonal changes there's always new allergies and getting a cold seems to be part of the deal. Either that or you're brain is leaking.
where are you at in Alaska?

I also think it's due to allergies....I have multiple sensitivities to known and unknown things
alaskanlaughter is offline   Reply With Quote