Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 11-08-2003, 10:00 AM   #1  

Default Christian Encourager #177

If you are looking for a great group of people who will be here for you and encourage you through Prayer. Then You have found the right Post. This is a great group who will be very encouraging and caring and ANYONE is welcome to join!
Old 11-08-2003, 10:32 AM   #2  

Good morning! I am going to take it easy this morning then do a workout this afternoon. We have a dinner at Church to go to tonight. It is really cold here now. And my dog goes nut of my animal print slippers. She just pull all the stuffing out of my DD's animal print slippers. I also have a pair of gold shoes with animal print on the top and she trys to get them all the time. I am thankful that the Lord layed it on my heart to be forgiving to my friend who stopped taking my kids to school without notice. Because she just found out she will be needing surgery on her ankle. When she sees me she acts like she is afraid to say anything and I walked up to her and offered to take her child to school when she has her surgery and ask if there was anything I could do for her while she recovered? I could tell she was taken back. God has turned this around and made it a blessing for me because I have enjoyed my time in the morning with my kids and because of it I have time to do thier hair nice and pack a healthy lunch for them and me. I had someone at work fill in for just an hour and now that person has decided to cut thier hrs down. and work two days a week. But I will find a new person.

Angel-Lover-I think that is normal to make a low offer first. They are seeing how little they can get away with. You will get several low offers I bet. Hang in there and don't let it get you mad!

Mitchypoo-I am so glad that you had such a good time! Me and my husband use to go to the coffee shops but I go to bed early now so It's to late! (who knows maybe mister shy will be the one my husband use to be real shy and I was the one who wouldn't give up)

EZ-I like all the sports also because when my DH is watching them I can take a nap!LOL

Amanda-Any news yet how is the no smoking going?

Wilma-I so glad that you are feeling better. I always remember what I tell the kids when they complain that things aren't fair. Is no one ever said life was going to be fair! I hope you are having an OP day!

SunnyD-I know you are having a busy day today! I hope you have a great day!

Judy-Praying you are better we are here for you!

To anyone I have missed come back I really miss Sherry and Sue and other MIA'S come back!
Old 11-08-2003, 12:45 PM   #3  
Psalm 91:9-11

Location: I am from 29 Palms, California... but now live in Northeast, Ohio

S/C/G: SW-245.5/CW-209/GW-170

Height: 5'5"

Angry

Thanks SAMI! So far it's a good day for us... I just cannot seem to shake this fatigue, maybe it's the cold and dreariness.

Just have a moment to stop in and say "My Hello's" to everyone. Just got back from a 3 hour church service/meeting and will be heading out again as soon as we eat something. I have feta, spinach & chicken sausages cooking (smell's wondeful) & eggs for a late breakfast - brunch I guess - and for Joe apple pancakes on the side to add to his brunch. You all want to join us? Love the company!

Burrrr!!!! It's 33* and snowing here - pretty!

Hope that this note finds you all having a great weekend! I am sorry this is so brief, but I did want to let you know that I am thinking of you!

I will catch up when I can...
(((Hugs)))

"God, you are my God. I want to follow you. My whole being thirsts for you, like a man in dry, empty land where there is no water." Psalm 63:1 (NIV)
Old 11-08-2003, 02:56 PM   #4  
Queen of Quite A Lot!

Sunny~If the fatigue continues may i suggest you ask to be tested for mono/epstein barr. I was so surprised and feeling not myself for so long. Don't let that happen to you...
Old 11-08-2003, 08:36 PM   #5  

Default better day today!

Think I am coming out of my feeling sorry for myself -- I don't like it when this happens but doc's tell me that it is common when having a reoccurance of cancer. But I need to make every day count rather than sitting and being down in the dumps for what has been handed to me.

Have been doing more reading re improving my body -- and commitments. Believe I need to make a commitment of 21 days -- they say that is what it takes to make a change.

I have been reading and following Dr. Phil's book, and also being working on some other Christian Weight Loss Help books -- and now is the time to make a serious commitment -- just for 21 days.

I have found that the changes in 'what I am thinking' has improved greatly, I have been able to release a lot of emotions that I have been harboring for a long long time. I know the right things to eat but just seem to still be drawn to the 'easy junk foods' and that is no good.

So I am going to start a 21 day challenge -- as of Sunday November 9 (tomorrow) as my eating for today is finished. I am going to commit to the following:
a) walking at the rec plex every day when hubby is home with him. (for 30 minutes)
b) walking on the treadmill EVERYDAY for the next 21 days.
c) 5 8 oz. glasses of water EVERYDAY for the next 21 days
d) soup and muffin for lunch EVERYDAY for the next 21 days (avoiding bread as it is a trigger food)
e) tossed salad EVERYDAY for the next 21 days

I am hoping that at the end of this (Saturday November 29) that I will see a change in my body and in how I feel.

By the way, to start a thread re 21 day challenge -- can anyone tell me how I go about that -- do I just click on -new thread - at the top of this site --

Thanks for the help and encouragement guys!
Old 11-08-2003, 09:35 PM   #6  

Default have started a new thread

I figured out how to start a new thread -- and have started one called '21 day challenge' -- if anyone is interested in doing this with me please come along with me.
Old 11-09-2003, 03:38 PM   #7  

Default 1st post for the day!!!

Can't believe it -- I am the first one to post for the day!! That's a first for me.

Hope you are all enjoying a 'restful' Sunday.

I really enjoy reading all of the post -- but I do have a question -- I would like to hear where everyone is with respect to their own 'weight issues' -- how much they have lost, how much more they have to lose / want to lose, what they are doing re food to accomplish this, what about exercise.

May God bless you all richly today and everyday
Old 11-10-2003, 07:20 AM   #8  

Hi friends'

The two boys who vandalized the school from the rival school were caught. We knew both of them. Both were from our old church. The spray painted obsenities all over the moble class rooms. The one boys mom is a drug addict and his grand parents who are in their late 70's are raising him. The other boy is the son of a friend of mine. She is going through a divorce and working hard to support her family. She is such a sweet women. These boys caused over 1,000 dollars in damage. Neither one of their guardians can afford to pay for the damages. They have been expelled from school.

~SUNNYD~ that sleep apnea mask in your second picture is the one I have. The first mask I had covered my whole nose and caused me claustrophobia. Last night I didn't wear it because of my cold. Paul now has the cold. The whole family has it now. I have a chest cold and Laura is walking around with two tissues stuck up her nose. That my lady!!!! I told her she should put two tampons up there.

~SPROUT~ I am with you on your goals. This week I will
Walk 1mile a day at the track.
Go to curves every other day
drink plenty of water
not eat sugar or white flour products
I will eat breakfast

234/234/200( first goal)

~MICHELE~ sounds like you had alot of fun at the coffee house. When I was younger I sang in a blue grass band. I was in love with the bass cello player. It never worked out. I was in love with his looks not his heart. That was my old life before Christ. When he disrespected his mom by talking down to her and calling her names I knew he was not the man for me. When you find the right man make sure he has a love for the Lord. I have known alot of weman who have married men who are not Christan and it causes alot of problems in a marriage. When I got married neither one of us was saved. We both found the Lord together.

~SAMI~ I'm glad you and your friend are getting along. It was good you made the first step. Your dog going after the animal prints are funny.

Got to go
Old 11-10-2003, 09:42 AM   #9  
Queen of Quite A Lot!

Good morning!

I wasn't on the computer much this weekend but i guess i wasn't subscribed to the new thread either. Sometimes that happens to me.

Did a mystery shop at a new cafe by the house on Sunday and it was a nice, casual place. It looks like a lodge inside, then i went to the bookstore to read a little and ended up buying a Tai Chi book (on sale!~$7.98 (woohoo!) ) and i also got a little book about God being in the small stuff. I have to go post on the thankful thread..........

I had gone to church the night before so i got to sleep in which was nice. My oil in the furnace ran out when i came home from work on Sat. and the guy wouldn't come out until this a.m. He was kind of ugly and it made me feel bad. I owe him money but i just paid $200. and told him i'd make another payment but i think he wanted to teach me a lesson. I really wanted to handle it as a Christian so instead i didn't get angry. They are coming today and going to service the furnace to make sure it's working well. But it was in the teens Sat. evening and about 50 degrees in the house. I went and bought a space heater (on sale~thank you Lord!) and put it near the bed and i actually was not too cold.

Guess who sat at my dinner table last night for Alpha!...........yes, Mr.Shyguy! I was really thrilled and it gave us a chance to talk. He said hello and asked me if I normally go to Sat. night church. (I wanted to say, well i do now if you are there!) And we were all surprised and pleased but the woman who lost her son last week came to Alpha w/her sister. She said she needed some humor and i was so happy to see her. I say, whatever gets you through your grief. The music said something about Living to Die and he(the music guy) made mention of that and i know many were touched and crying, including me.

I did some Tai Chi last night and this a.m. and i love it, it's gentle and gets the blood and energy flowing and i think it'll be good for my hips.

Guess i should get to work, huh? Have a wonderful Monday!
Old 11-10-2003, 12:29 PM   #10  

Angry Hi there!

Sorry I haven't been around caught up on all your posts. It is tough getting ont he computer, my computer is at my neighbor's house who is like a second mom to me. Because I don't have a phone, and I don't have cable so I just pay her for the cable line works out great. But her son and his family moved back to her house until their new house is done, probably around 1st of year. He works nights, and him and his wife sleep in Anne's spare bedroom, where my computer is so it limits my access during the day, as I leave for work at 1:30pm and he doesn't get up till around 3pm. So ya gotta bear with me. I get on when I can. I got caught up on all the posts. Wilma sorryt o hear you were passed over, I know what that is like, but I leave it to God, if it is ment to be it will, if not it won't end of story for me. I believe the promos I put in for will go to a male, because our big boss favors males, she doesn't require the same level of work from them either which gets fustrating. Sami- thanks so much for your comments AND CONGRATS ON DOWN 10 LBS, WAY TO GO! E.Z. sounds like nephew doing well, how could he fail with an uncle like you and an aunt like Angie. Hi to eveyone else, gotta run but I am fine and will try to be better, he works nights again to night so tom. is out. P.S. My pastor just had his tests run again, and they all came back clean, praise the Lord. see ya all later. luv ya's
Old 11-10-2003, 07:20 PM   #11  

Hello How are all today? I am going to be short tonight because I am GRUMPY today! My Boss worked the weekend and she must have made lists all weekend for me to do today! (most of it was her work that I normaly do) But Mondays are so busy I have payroll plus I do all the orders for the store and do all pre schedules (we have 330 people) and then get all the store mail to ship out. And what did they do they set up interviews to do today! I felt the stress!!!!!

Sprout-I will try to post on your other post. I need to lose no less than 60 ( I would look real good then) but My dream is to be real thin again so I would love to lose 80! I am not dieting! I have changed the way I eat! I like you have medical problems and why I eat things that make me is I have no clue! But by giving up what hurts I am eating healthy! I eat breadfast every morning and lunch and I have at least two snacks and of course dinner and nothing after dinner. I try to stay around 1200 cals a day since I have a sit down job and I don't always get to work out.

Sue-So glad to see you back. Post when you can. I am so glad to hear about your pastor that is an answer to a prayer! My one friend who has cancer is going through heavy chemo and is very sick her name is Cathy. She use to weigh about 125 she is about 95 now and has lost most of her hair. Larry my other friend who has the cancer has lost about 30 lbs but he is starting to get better please keep them in your prayers.

Mitchypoo-Sounds like things are lookin up. Keep you in my Prayers.

Judy-That is so sad that the boys didn't think about the burden they would cause thier families when they did the crime! I was talking to one of the teens around work and they were goofing off one night and throwing water balloons at cars and were arrested! In this day and age they can't do prank that when we were young in fun.

I will post more tueday maybe I will be better!
Old 11-11-2003, 12:38 AM   #12  

Default Need prayer please!

Late last night we got an upsetting call. My brother in law, age 48, went home to be with the Lord. We was suffering from the return of cancer. It returned to years ago, one month after his marriage to a wonderful lady, and 2 months after the death of his dad. He leaves behind 3 grown children from his first marriage, 4 grandchildren, his wife of 2 years who is due to have their baby the end of this month. Sadly neither child or parent will met each other this side of heaven.

Also I am having a lot of pain in shoulders and terrible headaches that aren't describeable. Am seeing my doctor on Wednesday morning about this -- praying that it is not serious but when you have cancer it is always a concern that it has popped up somewhere else when you get sick like this.

Thanks so much for the prayers - will keep you informed.
Old 11-11-2003, 07:15 AM   #13  

Hi friends'

Got to mail my box to Iraq today, so the soldier I got, gets a christmas treat in time for the holidays. I spent the weekend watching QVC on TV. I ordered two christmas presents. One was a sweater with angels on it for my mother in law by Quacker Factory. The other was two toy race cars. Angel~ the sweater was so cute it is sky blue with angels on the bottom. They also had raindeer or snow men. I can't wait to see it!

~SPROUT~ I am so sorry to hear of your brother in laws death. He was so young! His wife will need alot of love and support . Our prayers go out to them. I will also keep you in my prayers. We have a life walk in our town for cancer. They fill bags with candles and surround a football field with them (a glow) in memory of loved ones. The survivers march around the field. It is encouraging to see all those who have fought the illness. My daughter's dance team performs for them. The elementary school kids spend the day filling the bags for that evenings events. It goes on all night . Tents are put in the middle of the field for those staying the night. They raise alot of money for cancer research.

~SUE~ Its good to hear from you. I'm glad to hear the good news about your paster.

~MICHELE~ How did you get the job as a mystery shopper? Do they pay you in cash or free sevices? I have always wanted to to that. Do you only do food shops or do you also do department stores? I hope all goes well with this new guy you have an eye for. My husband is very shy too. He is very smart and has a good heart. He was a geek in school, but he is my geek, and I love him. Kids were very cruel to him. He is so good to me.

~SAMI~ Hang in there at work. A busy day makes a fast day. If you got so much work to do, there is little chance you will get layed off. Look at it that way. In the past if you were loyal to your job you would have it for life. Now a days that isn't true. Try not to be grumpy.... but happy HIHO....HIHO its of to work you go.
Old 11-11-2003, 08:38 AM   #14  

Hi everybody.....
Been pretty busy....got behind, again, I see.

eisenj....it is so nice of you to send care packages to Iraq. I know they appreciate it so much. Sometimes, they get so down, I'm sure anything sent is welcome. SIL's dad leaves the first week of December going, also. He's in the reserves, after retirement from the army. It was a surprise to all of us.
That sweater sounds beautiful! I wear a lot of different "pins", but haven't bought a sweater with angels...gave me an idea.

Sprout...I'm so sorry about your brother-in-law. I'll remember your family in prayer. So sad. Also, will be praying for you. I'm sure, with cancer, each & every problem scares you. You're a very strong lady. I admire you. Any time you need to talk....whether here, or privately....I hope you'll do it. I've been meaning to tell you that. Sometimes, just putting things in print helps. I do that a lot....usually, just in a place where I can delete. But, my problems aren't as scarey as yours...so don't delete. Let us be here for you.

Sami....I'm sure it's normal to receive low settlement offers...only thing, our lawyer is recommending we take it. He also, says he agrees that the fire started with the gas line, & not the stove. NOT TRUE....we know, for a fact. We're trying to find another lawyer. He's probably just trying to make a quick dollar. Just help us pray about it. It's about to get the best of me. I'm just not physically or mentally strong enough these days. It was a year on the 2nd of November....tired of this. No one should have to live the way we are, right now. Especially, when it isn't our fault. I guess I should have explained better. He's had us concerned for awhile now. Seems like I do all the work....research, etc. He's got me looking on the pc for other cases, now. Wonder what he's doing, you know? It doesn't seem like he's fighting for us, at all.

Michelle...eisenj gave good advice. My husband & I met when we were both 16 & new converts. We've never known each other any other way. Neither have our children. Makes a good marriage. Of course, we disagree sometimes. It's hard to go to bed mad, after a good prayer together, though! Wish you lots of luck!

doitforme....so glad your pastor is doing better. Also, good to hear from you.

Hello to SunnyD, Gary, Mitchypoo, & all...
Old 11-11-2003, 09:31 AM   #15  
Queen of Quite A Lot!

Hello all and Happy Tuesday

Judy~there are many companies that you can apply online. Do a search under mystery shopping and take a look. But beware, some of them want to charge you to be a member and that is just not necessary. I get paid by check, usually not until the following month (check their terms), and it depends what you are paid on the shop. It's great to do in my spare time and i also benefit sometimes w/free food, etc.

Closed Thread