South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 09-24-2013, 07:21 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Default Tuesday SBD Chat for 9/24

Good morning!

Brrrrr! It's another chilly start to the day! I'm going to have to think about getting out my winter clothes soon. For now, though, I'm warming up with hot coffee and pumpkin pie overnight oats.

I hope you are starting to feel better, Ruth!
Old 09-24-2013, 07:33 AM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning. We're cold too at 30 something. The 3/4 moon last night was brilliant. A lot of zzzing happening right now from two flaked out dogs on the couch and my DD upstairs.

I think my back is improving slightly - meds and hot and cold does help although sleeping is a problem. I didn't realize how often I have to turn in bed! Since car travel is painful, sister Joan is taking my DD to the Ottawa Airport after lunch. I don't know how I would have managed without Mary Ellen being here but feel badly that she has to nurse me over her vacation.

Time for another interior hug from Paul Newman while I peruse the news online.
Old 09-24-2013, 07:41 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Ruth, I bet Mary Ellen was glad she was able to be there to take care of you! It is a shame, though, that it ruined a lot of your plans. I'm glad to know your back is starting to feel better. Just try not to overdo it now that she's not here to help, and give your back time to completely heal.
Old 09-24-2013, 07:54 AM   #4  
sophie

Height: 5'4"

Good morning
Its cold here too. I pulled out the duvet out of the cedar closet. Our furnace isn't going on till the maintenance man checks it when I don't know because we are leaving for dd on thursday.
Linda thanks for the reminder about pumpkin oatmeal, I love it
Ruth listen to linda and let that back heal completely

Doing some food prep for dds and hoping to go for a walk, either on a trail or the zoo. Its going to warmup this afternoon
Have a nice day everyone
Take care
Sophie
Old 09-24-2013, 08:15 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

It's a bit nippy here too! Too bad I couldn't get my DD to change from shorts into pants before she left - I'm sure I just won "bad mom of the year" award!

I covered for my boss yesterday, so I get a short day today , and DH is coming back early!
Old 09-24-2013, 08:51 AM   #6  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

Cottage just need a light jacket here in the mornings and then its good still, my favorite time of the year

Ruth glad your back is starting to feel better but I echo Cottage take it easy and let your back heal

Sophie enjoy your visit with your daughter

Tywnn I think most mom's know that is hard to change stubborn children's minds about what to wear lol.

Today is lots of meetings and then soccer practice tonight. This is the last week of soccer with games on Saturday and Sunday.

Eating has been op so determined to make it another day op.

Have a wonderful day everyone!!
Old 09-24-2013, 11:48 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 214/210/164

Height: 5'0"

Hi, everyone! I was MIA over the weekend, but it seems like everyone is doing well. Ruth, so glad your back is beginning to heal, but so sorry about your disappointment over DD's visit. I'm sure she enjoyed the R&R and one-on-one time with you!

Not much going on here today. Yesterday was MOPs, which wears both DD and I out, so today is recovery and getting the house back in order. We got a TON of fruit from our co-op basket this weekend so I'll be chopping up a big fruit salad for the fridge.

Hubs has his first job evaluation today. I know he's not nervous about it, so I'm not either. He is very aware of where he excels and also what his weaknesses are, so he isn't expecting any surprises.

Well, off to switch out the laundry and then get DD set up with some Play-Dough while I make some soup for lunch. Hope everyone has agreat day!
Old 09-24-2013, 06:27 PM   #8  

Height: 5' 5"

Evening ladies. Didn't make it here this morning but I thought of you!

Ruth, I am so glad you back is starting to heal, but I will echo the others who said don't overdo it; I know it is hard to be patient.
Linda, I had to scrape the windshield when I left this morning. Cold!! But I covered the remnants of the garden and it looks like things survived. It is so hard to let go of the fresh cukes and tomatoes! The store-bought winter ones don't taste the same.
Tammy, I know all too well about stubborn children.

The turning leaves are making me think of Pumpkin Cheesy Things. Yummy.

Well, off to check on dinner. We roasted a turkey breast Sunday and tonight is leftovers.
Closed Thread