Old 09-20-2013, 09:23 PM   #1  
Hi, I'm Danielle!

S/C/G: 208/Ticker/130

Height: 5'1

Default Haircut & eyebrows waxed..

I am not very good at going to salon's.... I have a serious problem with getting my haircut. I just find it so awkward going and having it done. PLUS, I never feel like they actually do it the way I want them to. BUT, I last minute made an appointment for this weekend with a new hairdresser.

My point is here --- How many people feel that if they keep up with getting their hair done and their eyebrows done that they just FEEL more motivated to lose the weight?

I am under the impression that if I get my hair done and I keep up with it and my eyebrows I'll be pushed to lose my weight and as long as I keep up with it it'll make me feel better about myself, too.

Am I completely off? OR does this work for anyone else?
Savemykissesx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 09:29 PM   #2  
One with the Wind and Sky

S/C/G: 360/246/150

Height: 5' 8"

I'm a little old for this section, but I'd say anything you do that makes you feel well groomed and overall good about your appearance is great motivation to take care of yourself in other ways, including eating better and getting some exercise in.
Elladorine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 01:04 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 215/149/115

Height: 5'0"

I've actually had some really great success with using this as a motivator! When I was really young, I never took care of myself or my appearance. When I was 19, I made a few friends who decided to do a make-over for me, and it is actually what launched my goal to lose weight.

I have a really great stylist now, that I see every 8 weeks. We've gotten close for a client/stylist, and I'm always really excited to go in and tell her if I've lost weight, or I'll be really disappointed in myself, if the opposite is true! And that day, when I always look my best, I feel like it gives me a lot of energy for the upcoming week to try again if I've been off my diet.

In fact, I've totally changed since my late teens and very early 20s. Now I love fashion and grooming, and it's been a big part of my entire journey.

If you're comfortable going to the salon and getting yourself pampered, I think it can work for you too.
merrilymemory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 01:08 PM   #4  
TV Watcher

S/C/G: 232/208/160

Height: 5'6"

I'm the same way. If I don't look good, I just don't feel good and totally get discouraged. Keeping my hair looking pretty good and tweezing my eyebrows regularly keep me on track.
triptriptrip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 01:32 PM   #5  
Goal is health

S/C/G: 238.8/176.1/163

Height: 5'8"

Yeah my eye brows need to be waxed. I feel prettier...
DrivenByAmbition is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 02:42 PM   #6  
Started IP May 17, 2013

S/C/G: 287/179/150

Height: 5'7.5"

I agree with the concept.

Anything that helps set/encourage energy moving in the way you want it to go will help more of it get going that way.

Things in our lives are more interconnected than we realise/appreciate they are.

Last edited by Annik; 09-22-2013 at 02:43 PM.
Annik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 05:44 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 208/ticker/185

Height: 5'10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savemykissesx View Post
I am not very good at going to salon's.... I have a serious problem with getting my haircut. I just find it so awkward going and having it done. PLUS, I never feel like they actually do it the way I want them to. BUT, I last minute made an appointment for this weekend with a new hairdresser.

My point is here --- How many people feel that if they keep up with getting their hair done and their eyebrows done that they just FEEL more motivated to lose the weight?

I am under the impression that if I get my hair done and I keep up with it and my eyebrows I'll be pushed to lose my weight and as long as I keep up with it it'll make me feel better about myself, too.

Am I completely off? OR does this work for anyone else?
I know this one all too well. Before I gained a lot of weight again, I lost 50 lbs. Prior to that time, I did not keep up with myself at all. I often thought why bother? After losing, I found doing makeup, hair, waxing, etc. was much more fun. Since I've gained a 30 lbs back, I'm trying not to let go of caring for myself. It is much more difficult though. haha.
alicrimson88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 06:17 PM   #8  
Aussie :)

S/C/G: 101.4kg/98.3kg/70kg

Height: 5'11

I agree, I'm actually going to the hair dressers in a few days lol I think anything that helps us to stay motivated and keep on track is a good thing
mzshaunna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 08:18 PM   #9  
Which round am I at now?

S/C/G: 158/see ticker/140

Height: 5' 5-3/4"

I feel that these indulgences allow us to enjoy who we are as we are, motivate us to take CARE of our whole selves (not just lose weight.)
souvenirdarling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 11:43 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 310/288/235

Height: 5'9"

I love the concept! I've been getting my hair trimmed and touched up every 4-6 weeks since I was like 17 or 18 and I get my eyebrows done regularly too. Maybe since it's always been routine for me, I've never thought to use it as motivation. It's a wonderful idea!
I'm thinking when I go next week to get my hair done I'm going to add some more highlights, get a little daring and be pushed to do well on my weight loss!
mhill0823 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 04:31 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 146/116/110

Height: 5'0

I'm the opposite, I'm never quite sure what I want when I get my hair done lol. But I've never done anything out of the ordinary, just highlights on highlights on highlights
kitkat2114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 02:22 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 69kg/65/60

Height: 5ft

Going to the hairdressers is one of my 'must do' things now, my pamper time. I usually get a few streaks and a cut or trim, my eyebrows waxed. Sometimes the hair cut is crap (well most of the time actually) but the point is that I'm making the effort to look good and now when I sit down in the chair and stare at myself in the mirror, I see the weight loss and remember how I used to look pre weight loss and how I felt frumpy and fat. I feel so much better about myself now and more confident.
happybug is offline   Reply With Quote