Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 09-21-2013, 11:37 PM   #1  
Cat Cuddler

S/C/G: 287/266/150

Height: 5'5"

Default NSV after a Big Celebration!

Hi Everyone:

I just had a major milestone birthday, and I decided to really celebrate even if it meant going off program. (I am on WW). I am embarrassed at what I ate because WW is good about teaching you how to plan for big events. I didn't count points, but I did stop eating when I was full.

My DH and I booked a weekend at a resort on the ocean. DH had the pastry chef there bake me a special birthday cake and I spent the weekend enjoying all foods that I loved. (DH and I are both on WW and he knew that I wanted cake this year. He wasn't trying to sabotage me.)

On the following Monday morning, I went right back on program. When I weighed in last Friday, I had gained less than a pound!

The NSV for me was getting right back on program and then getting back on the scale. In the past, when I would go off program, I would just feel like a failure and quit completely. I really am trying to break old habits.

Last edited by doingmybest; 09-22-2013 at 01:04 AM.
doingmybest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 12:55 AM   #2  
Hobbit-lass

Height: 5'2"

Yay, that's awesome -- even if you fell off track for the length of the celebration, you got right back into the swing of things!

Also, happy belated birthday!
fairandfree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 12:59 AM   #3  
OMW to a brand new me!

S/C/G: 312/seeticker/135

Height: 5'1"

Awesome!!

That's a fantastic NSV! I am on WW as well and I love that I can have a special day, or weekend, maybe not count as much as I should and get right back on plan when normal life starts again usually with barely a ripple!

Go you! And happy birthday!
lazylioness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 01:06 AM   #4  
Cat Cuddler

S/C/G: 287/266/150

Height: 5'5"

Thank you so much, fairandfree and lazylioness!
doingmybest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 12:23 PM   #5  
Michelle the Vegan

S/C/G: >207/under goal/150

Height: ~5'9" of Snark

Wonderful, congratulations!!!!! It is hard to break those old patterns, but you DID IT! Way to go!
Mrs Snark is offline   Reply With Quote