Closed Thread

Old 11-07-2003, 03:28 AM   #1  
Pure Energy

Talking Friday (WooHoo!)Daily, November 7

I wasn't sure if there was a rule on who was supposed to start the daily so if there is then I deeply apologize for stepping on toesies.

It's just that I'm up at 2am and realized it didn't make sense to reply to yesterday's when it's a new day so what the heck.

Well, still suffering from pregnancy brain and got totally messed up on what appointment was on what day and so on. MRI is today(Fri). Working rotating shifts is really confusing.

I had a weird surprising moment today. I was sitting with Logan (el baby-o) and trying to get him to eat his first biter biscuit. Suddenly I stuck it in my mouth and took a bite to show him how it was done. Instantly I spit it out and kind of freaked. It was totally natural to not even think about the fact that it was a cookie. Then my reaction to it weirded me out too. Like I was going to self destruct or something. Then I just laughed and baby laughed cause mom was spitting and that was sooooooo funny.

Went to the store tonight and stocked up on lots of good stuff. I'm pretty excited. It's actually coming together and I'm loving this WOE. I had two moments that you all would have been proud of me for. The first was that I made the mistake of walking down the Christmas candy/chocolate aisle and the smell hit me like a ton of bricks. I think it was the first real time I have been confronted with sweets since I started and on an empty stomach no less. I put my head up and just walked on through thinking of you guys as my power and how much I really didn't want it.

Then I went home and made a cup of tea and put 1 tbspn of french vanilla cool whip in it thinking that it would be rich and decadent. I took one sip and it wasn't all that so instead of drinking the 1 carb even though I didn't want it I poured it away.

I also went to a movie by myself at the 11pm showing to keep myself awake and didn't eat popcorn or anything!!!! Go willpower!
I saw Runaway Jury and really liked it. I would recommend it.

The last thing I wanted to ask about are the Atkins endulge icecream bars. Has anyone had them. They only have 3 net grams and look luscious. I bought one box of Peanut butter fudge. I was so tempted to buy like ten boxes but decided on one.

Well, hope you all have a lovely day and a great weekend.
Old 11-07-2003, 04:44 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 194/165/135

Height: 5'4"

No rules here Jamlinrich! I am also up this time of the morning, but I work night shift and check in here when theres not much going on. Its almost 2AM here (Seattle). I haven't tried any of the Atkins products. If you are still on induction, they are a no-no! I have to go cold turkey on sweets, even the legal ones kick on my gotta-have-more genes. I am back on induction now, strictly. Still having some cravings but they should be gone soon. When I first began in September, I had ZERO sweets cravings, or any appetite for that matter. I had to eat by the clock or I would plain forget too, lol. Can't wait to get back into that "zone".
I was looking to see whats playing this weekend. May have to check out Runaway Jury. Thanks for the info and have a good weekend.

Barb

Last edited by barbmarie; 11-07-2003 at 04:49 AM.
Old 11-07-2003, 08:34 AM   #3  
NO JUNK FOOD ZONE!

No time to really post right now....giving both kids showers and getting ready to work (from home today).

Just had to laugh at Jamie's post about the biscuit. DO YOU KNOW how hard it is for me every Sunday AM to take communion at church? We break a loaf of bread and each person takes a small piece. It may sound absolutely ridiculous but since I have not eaten any bread, pasta or rice since July - it really is tough! SO I just pray that God sends to tiny amounts of carbs right out of my body since I am doing it in rememberance of Him and not out of pleasure for me. Do you think maybe I could convince the church to switch from a loaf of bread to fun size 3 Muskateer bars?
Old 11-07-2003, 09:38 AM   #4  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Jamie, NO RULES HERE !!! well only only one.... be nice to each other and share all good recipe's

Gonna fly by again today, I'll see you all later
Old 11-07-2003, 09:44 AM   #5  
Card Carrying Princess

S/C/G: 225/197/150

Talking finally friday

Hi there,

Happy Friday Morning! Thanks for starting the thread - we don't care who does it - as long as someone does!

So Jamie I think you should stop "spitting" in front of el baby-o - I don't think you're setting a proper example! lol - and Kim I certain hope you're not spitting up at church either! Congrats Jamie on avoiding the candy aisle and the popcorn - both very tough but looks like you made it!

At working having my coffee and tummy rumbling so time to get that flaxmeal cereal ready to inhale.

Have a couple of meetings today, but hoping all is fairly quiet in preparation for my FOUR DAYS OFF!

Tonight I am back "at school".....when doing my MBA I was on the university's case competition team (yes we compete with other universities on business case presentations). We are "re-uniting" the team tonight (we do this once a year) in order to present to this year's team in preparation for their competitions (big international one in January).

I am a bit freaked out as I really feel out of form, have not done too many presentations in the past year, and I really feel out of it, wondering if I can still pull it off! Worse news is one teammate may not make it tonight - so I may have to do her part as well as mine - can it get any worse? Yes it can, the case chosen by the coach for tonight (one we've done before) is a CRAPPY ONE (Japan Net Bank - about internet banking)...I hated it then and I hate it now.! Wish me luck....

So I rush home, pick up kiddies, grab something (low carb) to eat??? (have some hb eggs in fridge) and drive downtown to university for around 6:30 pm....we have around 2 hours to prepare and catch up and then we're ONSTAGE!....

Won't get home til after 10:30 or so...we may go out after for "snacks/drinks"....this will also be challenging, probably a bar/pub - so I"m hoping for chicken wings? and maybe diet soft drink.

Hang in there!

Froufy
Old 11-07-2003, 10:51 AM   #6  
Movin' and Losin'

Happy Friday, all!!

Jamie: Loved your cookie-spitting story! It sounds like you're doing a fantastic job! Way to avoid all the cookies and chocolate! It can be tempting, especially this time of year. Also, thanks for mentioning that Runaway Jury was good. I'm reading the book now, and I'd love to see the movie.

Kim: I ran into the same problem with church communion. We only have it once a month, so I've only done it once since I've been on Atkins. It's so strange... I had this gag reflex (almost like Jamie and her baby-cookie spitting) when I first put the bread in my mouth. Then, I thought about how inappropriate it would be to spit out the bread during communion. So, I got it down and the grape juice, and I knew that surely that small amount would be OK. It's for a good cause, right?

Froufy: Wow! I'm so impressed at what all you do! Your case competition team sounds tough! I'm sure you'll do well, though! Let us know how it goes. Also, enjoy your FOUR days off!

As for me, just another routine day... not much going on. I work out of my apartment, as do my co-workers, so Friday are usually pretty low-key. Not many people are around on Fridays. They are all out "running errands." I usually stick around because I feel guilty if I'm not here the majority of the time when I should be working...

As for the weekend -- cleaning! Instead of doing just the "normal" cleaning that needed to be done yesterday, I got carried away and started cleaning out closets and drawers and ended up with two bags of clothes and a bag of shoes to donate. Of course, the "normal" cleaning got put off. And, I've got to vacuum my car out -- not looking forward to that.

I also need to go grocery shopping. I'm out of some standard Atkins fare, like cheese, eggs and bacon!

Hope everyone had a good day and a great weekend!

Take care,
Jina
Old 11-07-2003, 10:55 AM   #7  
Head Princess

Happy Friday!

Jamie - I was cracking up reading about the biscuit. I can't tell you how many times I've popped something into my mouth without thinking about it and then immediately spit it out. It's done alot to keep me conscious of what I'm doing.

As far as the atkins ice cream and such, read the post on sugar alcohols. Atkins doesn't include them in net carbs, but a lot of us have found that we have to.

Froufy - Have a great 4 day weekend (so jealous) and I'm sure you'll do great tonight. Let us know how it goes!

Jdogg - you never said how your trip was last weekend, or what you thought of the pork rinds! C'mon, I'm waiting....

Well, I'm still stuck at 160 and hating it. As soon as I get rid of my cough, I'm going to give jogging a try again. I hate cold weather, but I hate the insulation on my hips more. I've cut out nuts, started making myself eat snacks, and am working out more. I'm getting out of the plateau, dammit!

Last edited by StarPrincess; 11-07-2003 at 11:17 AM.
Old 11-07-2003, 12:11 PM   #8  
The Princess O' Pets

Angry Hey kids...Happy Friday!

It is Friday and the kids woke up at 7am and I was joping for later since I had stayed up late reading all of your helpful posts.

I have (after reading all of the info) decided to re-start induction, I just started Atkins on 10/23/03. And did good with the eating part BUT I think the whole Sugar alchohol thing is not good for me! I was going by that subtracting them to, but I think it is not good for me to go by net carbs. I was eating Carb wise bars to and I am cutting that out to....again the net carb thing. So I am hoping that will be better for me. I think I will take the advice of not eating those types of things unless I run into a big craving and have a SF candy. So going back to the beginning and gonna do it right this time, you know...if at first you don't suceed....

Hope all of you have a great weekend and easy low carb days!
Old 11-07-2003, 12:29 PM   #9  
reaching my goals

I'm stuck too and am ready to move out of it. I'm hoping the exercise will help. I'm getting a little discouraged but know it surely will pass soon. Haven't been cheating just stuck.

Good luck with staying on track this weekend!
Old 11-07-2003, 12:35 PM   #10  
I'm a Jovi Girl

S/C/G: 225/169.5/140

Quote:
Originally posted by Kim in NJ
DO YOU KNOW how hard it is for me every Sunday AM to take communion at church?
OMG Kim! ME TOO!!! The first couple of weeks I was freaking myself out about it too! But I finally convinced myself that God would not let these carbs count... LOL The wine too...
Old 11-07-2003, 12:36 PM   #11  
Each Bite of Sugar...

Default TGIF!!!

This is my working Friday so I'm at work and trying my best to avoid doing much of anything today.

Thanks for all the replies about Bridget's appointment yesterday. We are so relieved!! She's going to be tall, though, my girl. She's not yet 2 and if we doubled her height already she would be 5 foot 10!! I'm only 5'3"!! I know that's kind of a myth, but it's at least a rough guideline.

Interesting thread about sizes, too.

I missed a lot yesterday being off the computer for the most part. Had a lousy eating day yesterday - not so much that I strayed and ate those "forbidden foods" but more that I hardly at anything at all. I was too rushed and nervous before the appointment and afterwards, dh wanted McDonalds. So, I came to work basically on an empty stomach at 1:00pm. Not good.

My will-power for the day was going to the drug store with dh who has the flu where and he found the Halloween Candy Aisle - 75% off. Those big bags of candy were only like 75 cents!! He bought at least 10 bags of candy. I just imagined my cottage cheese hind end (Thank you Star!!) and stayed away from all of it. Of course, now those 10 bags are at MY house - but still.

Today I'm back to my original induction menu. It seems to work the best for me as I've been up and down on the scale like a yoyo since my first two weeks. Seems like for every 5 pounds I lose, I gain back three. But, it's been a bad week all around with my continuing nightmare AF (three weeks now) and Bridget's appointment and such.

Jaime - Bridget likes to feed me her (wheat-free) cheerios. So, I usually let her do it once or twice and I figure for the joy it brings her, I'm not going to sweat one or two cheerios.

Barb, I'm right there with you on the no sweets thing. I just did so well the first two weeks and then started compromising with sugar-free things and it just didn't help my brain at all. Like I said above, I'm back to my original induction menu for as long as I can stand it because that's when I did and felt my best - no cravings or anything.

Okay, back to work for me!!
Old 11-07-2003, 12:48 PM   #12  
I'm a Jovi Girl

S/C/G: 225/169.5/140

Good morning al!

I finally heard from the dr! We a scheduling an ultrasound! sigh.. he thinks I may have fibroids.. UGH!!!

anyway... other than that I am having a good day...

sorry I cannot get more personal now.. but I need to get on the treadmill!
Old 11-07-2003, 12:50 PM   #13  
Head Princess

Karen, you are my dedication to exercise hero! Keep up the good work and great example!
Old 11-07-2003, 01:24 PM   #14  
Movin' and Losin'

StarPrincess: Ahh! So sorry to leave you in the dark about the trip and pork rinds... Well, the trip was good, but cold! I'm really accustomed to this Florida weather, and Kansas was a little chilly for me. But, I was able to see my parents, brother and friends. I went to a K-State football game (where I went to school) and visited with college friends there. It was fun! But, the downer to the whole weekend -- no pork rinds!! The store did not have them!! I was so ready for some cinnamon and cheddar pork rinds, but alas, none for me! I'm still going to search for them -- for a pork-rind lover like me, they sound like heaven! Thanks for asking, StarPrincess!!

Jina
Old 11-07-2003, 09:50 PM   #15  
Pure Energy

Morning, ugh I mean evening. Just woke up to go to work. I was up for the last 72 hours with approximate 9 hours sleep total for all the days trying to adjust. Today though I asked dh to pick up Logan from "The Club" so I could sleep. I slept from 1130 to 8:30pm Wheeeee!

I only have a second I was just sooooo excited I had to share with you. NO one else will truly appreciate it. Today was the last day of my first week. After 1 week I have lost 9 pounds! YAAAAAAYYYYYYY!!

Started at 201 weighed in tonight at 192. I can't tell you how thrilled I am. Makes me want to cry. I wish y'all were here to hug. IT WORKS!!!!! Thank you all. I couldn't have done it without you. I'll write more when I get home from work in the morning.

Sleep well ladies, dream skinny dreams.
Jamie
Closed Thread