Old 09-15-2013, 03:35 PM   #1  

Default Steel Magnolias #59

Good afternoon, ladies. A lovely sunny day with 76 degrees.

I'm still helping Sandy with her moving, unpacking. There's one more pickup load and then clean the house and turn in the keys. We've done really good with the unpacking and most of that is done. I think the next load may have to stay in the garage for awhile. We are both exhausted and taking this day off.

Jean, sorry you haven't had any company posting for a few days. You are always on the go and such a busy lady.

Hi, Faye and Maggie - what are you up to?

Have a great Sunday.
QuilterInVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 08:35 AM   #2  

Good morning gals. I never did get in here yesterday. We went to the commissary and again 1 cashier so I gave the person that schedules an earful and told her frankly, no excuse she gave was ok. She said cashiers call off on Sunday a lot and I said, so fire them. I am sure you can get people to replace them. People need jobs. She then said that she had cashiers in the back but she didn't bring them up until there was a line. I shouted at her, "Well there's a line now." I was really mad and told her if she would get off her behind instead of sitting in the office she would know whether there was a line or not. As I have said, we have one line we stand it then they call you up to whatever cashier is free. Most commissaries we have been to do it this way to keep the aisles free. So I came home, unloaded, put away, had a bite of lunch and took a nap.

I woke up this morning with my ovaries screaming and a terrible headache. I still have the headache but the other thing seems to have settled down. My headache is on the left side in the back almost to my neck so I am wondering if it is from sleeping on it wrong. Man it hurts at the moment, like someone whacked me with a hammer. I took some Advil so I hope in a bit it will ease off.

I am about halfway done with my black belt. I am reposting a completed picture of the orange belt. I have it complete and it looks more like a belt than a long piece of knitted stuff. I had to take several inches out and then bind off. I made it to fit my waist measurements, but with the d rings on it, the weight of them stretches the belt. It fits perfect now. I used a different pattern to make the black one. I made the mistake of telling Jack black goes with everything and he says, "That's what I've been telling you. A woman only needs one pair of shoes and one purse, black." He got a for that comment.

Jean: Yesterday was nice and cool here until about 2 PM then it was 87 degrees. We were done and home by that time though. I bought some Pepperidge Farm Pumpkin Spice bread so I am hoping a slice for breakfast will be good. I buy they raisin bread, cinnamon bread and blueberry bread. They make a good breakfast as long as I only eat a slice as they are higher in pts than regular bread. I can't believe it is fall already, but thrilled since it makes the cruise closer. I can also get my hair cut and colored in 3 weeks. I told the salon people my hair looks so bad I frighten children. I am waiting as I want the rich color before it starts to fade for the cruise. Either your church membership is small or you have someone who makes it their business to keep track of who is missing church. When we lived in Indiana we had people like that. We Baptists find it criminal to miss a service. Being funny about it is one thing, but these particular people would quiz you about why you weren't at church. MYOB, folks!!

Maggie: Hope your computer system is all set up now and you are zooming right along. I checked out the apple site and found I can order Jack's present online (online you can get free engraving) then have it sent to the store in town, which is what I am going to do. I rarely get to surprise him and since he never looks at the credit card statement I feel pretty sure I will give him a huge surprise. Thank you for asking if I could pick it up in town!!

Susan: Glad the house issue is now all settled. You two must be miracle workers to get it done almost by yourselves. I watched one of those house buying programs and at the end they show how long the people have been in their house and they talk about how much they love it. This particular couple had been in their house 4 months and were unpacking. When Jack was in the Navy and we would have them pack us up and move us, I had the house all put together in 2 days. I couldn't stand having boxes all over the place and trying to hunt for dishes and such.

You gals have a great start to your week. I am going to knit for a bit then get chores done for the day. Have to get rid of the headache first. Faye
Attached Images
File Type: jpg dressbelt.jpg (24.0 KB, 8 views)
gma22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 10:19 AM   #3  

Good morning, ladies. 72 degrees right now and overcast. It looks like we will be having an early Fall for the leaves and falling off the trees without even changing color and the pine straw is turning brown and falling, too. It was down to 59 last night.

Faye, nice belt! Jack will be amazed with his Christmas gift. Since Sandy was only in her other house 2 years, we remembered what we did right and what we wanted to do differently with this one. The 2 of us make a good team. We had drawn a floor plan and then drew in her furniture exactly where it was going to go. We color coded the furniture, boxes and doors of the room they were to go in with colored dot stickers and posted the plan for that room so the movers could tell where things we to go with us being with them every second. That helped a whole lot. It's looking very nice and she won't be moving again since she owns this house.

I am doing laundry and working on my own house today. My fall allergies have been bad so I'm getting an allergy shot this afternoon to help with them.

Have a wonderful day!
Old 09-16-2013, 04:30 PM   #4  

Good Afternoon, Flowers! It's a cloudy cool day again today -- feels like fall! My day started off by over sleeping by an hour plus! I never do that! I don't know what happened but evidently I set the tv to come on at the wrong time or didn't hit the "set" button. Anyhow, it took longer at church this morning on my part because of automatic giving from bank accounts. I have the gift shop money counted and ready for the bank. When I got home I started my day over again with a hot shower. Now, at least, I feel more or less human. We had planned on soccer games tomorrow night but looks like we won't be going at all this week. Bob has a city meeting tomorrow night, I have cards tonight, and we have a church meeting on Thursday night so all three nights could be game possibilities. Next week is make up games so will go then. Ian's team won last night. His other grandparents were also there so our DQ treat afterwards took longer than usual and it was almost midnight when we got home.

"Gma" -- Your commissary sounds like our WM with one check out going. The only problem is WM never calls for help. Hope you are feeling better by now. Every once in awhile I get a stiff neck on one side and don't know if I sleep on it wrong or it's the way I hold the iPad when I'm trying to watch tv too. We average around 100 for first service and most people tend to sit in the same spot. When we just had the one service during the summer, there were quite a few people I didn't know but recognized as second service attenders. You belt turned out cute!

Susan -- It sounds like you and Sandy have moving down to a science. I've heard others say the allergies are reving up again. it was 43 here this morning. I'm not ready for it to be that cold yet.

I need to head to the bank and drop the checks off at the hospital. Enjoy the rest of your day!
Jean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 07:52 AM   #5  

Good morning girls. It is quiet and cool this morning. Give it an hour and noise, noise as people going to work and kids getting on the school bus. We have a school bus for special needs kids that stops right across from us and makes enough noise to wake the whole neighborhood.

I finished my black belt and will put it on the towels to block today and start on Jackson's socks for Christmas. I am doing them in blackberry and gray this year. I have to pick a pattern for the top. I am going to knit the leg, they do a pattern over the top of his foot and solid gray underneath. I may do this waffle rib I did the black belt. It is only 4 stitches and an easy 4 row pattern.

It took me all day and evening to get rid of the headache. It definitely was from something strained as my neck right in the spot hurt too. My shoulder right in the bone area of the shoulder has been hurting, but it usually does when I knit a lot. I tend to unknowling lean forward when I knit and it strains the muscle right where the shoulder bone is. I am not giving up my knitting so I will have to deal with it. Sometimes heat, advil and or icy hot will help and sometimes not.

We are going to have pk cutlets with rice tonight. My weight is fluxuating some with taking these pills again, but I am not gaining weight. If I don't lose anymore right now, I am ok with that. I noticed this weekend a pair of capris I haven't worn for awhile were really loose. They used to fall right under my knee and now they are more like bottom of my calf. This morning I am going to have a banana, yogurt and a piece of pumpkin spice toast for breakfast.

If you are a Lean Cuisine eater, try the Mushroom Mezzaluna Ravioli. I bought it because I like mushrooms, but didn't know if I would like it with spinich. I eat raw spinich in salads, but not too much cooked but this I loved. I belong to their rewards program so I am racking up the points towards gifts I can get because I eat a Lean Cuisine meal pretty much everyday for lunch and I eat their snack things too. I am just going to collect the pts until I have a big amount before I go in and pick a gift.

Jean: Looks like it is cooling down for fall in your area. Hope you have a good time at the games on the weekend. I saw on FB that Thomas is running for student council again. He has made student council every year since 5th grade and seems to enjoy it. He will be transferring to a new high school next year and everyone will be a stranger. She doesn't want him in their high school as we have a big mess here when the county and city school merged. Each suburb city is starting their own schools and she doesn't want him in that mess so he would be going to high school closer to us actually. A good ole hot shower can fix almost anything I think, except my frightening hair at the moment! I told some friends it scares children. I have 3 weeks from Saturday and they she will cut and color my hair and put in the streaks I want. I look almost bald because of the white hair underneath and then the small amount of yucky color on top. I also have extremely fine hair so that doesn't help. It's one of the reasons I color it red. The red makes it look a lot fuller. Hope all your high finance obligations are all hunky dorey.

Susan: I hope I can keep my big fat mouth shut until I give him the Ipad. I tend to not keep secrets very well. Well, at least ones that are regarding presents. I keep people's secrets really well and usually end up in trouble because I didn't gossip it about whatever it was to another family member or friend. I think what you did for the new house was fabulous. Nothing worse then going into a house cold and trying to figure out what should go where. We will eventually be selling out couch and getting a two person love seat and get rid of the double recliner and get two recliners. Right now the only place to put the double recliner is in front of our fire place and I hate not having my fire place for cozy nights. Looks like you got some cool temps too. We have had cool overnights, but it heats right up during the day still. I am finding my allergies are worse in the last week or so than they have been. I don't have horrible ones, but enough that my darn nose runs all the time. The other day it was so bad I had to take my medication. I had a running nose and watery eyes and a tickle in my throat so that I coughed all the time and the inside of my ears itches, which is probably the worse for me. Drives me crazy when my ears start itching. I hope the shot has relieved some of the nastiness for you.

I better get going. I have laundry in the washer and cleaning and chores I want to get done before it gets too hot. I want to do a gauge for the socks this morning too so I can use the right needles. Have a grand day today!!! Faye
Old 09-17-2013, 02:30 PM   #6  
Thin Within

Talking Titilating Tuesday

GOOD AFTERNOON MAGNOLIAS☺♫

I have two flies buzzing around my head and they are driving me bonkers. The moment I pick up my swatter they disappear then when I lay it down they are back with a vengeance. I will nail them before the day is over with I am sure. Yipekio I just nailed one and there is one to go. Got em! Now is fly free in here for awhile anyway.

Now Wills printer is going bonkers for it prints black streaks all over the printing on a page. He is off to the computer store to discuss this dilemma as I type. I haven’t set up my new printer yet for I have not had anything I have needed to print. I should probably get it all set up today though.

I don’t know why I haven’t been posting for I guess I just got distracted doing other things that haven’t been done in awhile. I have not been on my computer much so that is my excuse and I am sticking to it. I’ve been looking at my glass and patterns and think I have enough oranges and browns to make some lovely fall leaves. I haven’t done any glass work in awhile and want to make something. I will have to make an order soon though for I am just about out of solder.

We just got back from getting some lunch and doing our drive about the area. We stopped at the feed store and got some suet for the birds. Since we started feeding them it is important to offer the suet to help with their digestion. It comes in various flavors and today it was on sale so we got enough to last for awhile.

DONNA FAYE That is a nice belt you showed. You do such interesting work. Sorry your head has been hurting. I am sure Jack will enjoy the surprise you have for him.

SUSAN I made lists to match what was in the boxes when we moved in a little booklet. The box number was in the booklet then a list of what was in the box. The helpful crew that came over to help us unpack threw my little booklet in the fire with some packing material. I then didn’t have a clue what was in each box. We were only going to be in that place about 2 weeks until our house was ready and I was not going to unpack everything. But having my list destroyed I had to open every box and search for what we needed to use for those two weeks. I don’t think we will ever move from here ~ at least we don’t have any plans to do so as of yet. We do still plan to get a Motor-home and do some traveling. This is certainly allergy season ~ take care.

JEAN I am sure the parents of the kids that are on those ball teams are appreciative that you attend the games. Adults if at all possible should show their support for their kids and grandkids.

Have a great day Magnolias!

Last edited by Maggie; 09-17-2013 at 02:31 PM.
Maggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 07:23 PM   #7  

Good Evening, Flowers! I am home alone, with the boys, as Bob is at a meeting with the city fathers. I hope they feed him! We got a little rain during the night and it's been a gloomy chilly day. I put on a sweatshirt this morning and have been toasty all day! I haven't done much today except work on the afghan and wash/dry a load of clothes.

"Gma" -- Glad your headache is finally gone. Does Thomas have any reservations about changing school districts? Ian was to meet his band instrument today and I'm anxious to hear how that went. He told me it was between a saxophone or a trumpet. I played up how much fun he would have being in the marching band and jazz band. I pointed out there is more to life than football. Maddy won't get to choose until next year but she says she wants to play the violin. It will be interesting I'm sure.

Maggie -- I had to about Will's printer. Do you think there is a coincidence? That's too bad about your little moving booklet. The first year we went to the MN resort, I started notes in a little spiral notebook -- mostly menu ideas and things I forgot to take so I could take them the next year. The cabins just had basic dishes and cooking pans. The last two years the houses have been fully equipped with above and beyond cooking utensils and appliances. I still keep menu notes though.

Not much is newsy so guess I will check what's on tv. Enjoy your evening!
Old 09-18-2013, 09:25 AM   #8  

Good morning to you all. It is cloudy this morning and we are supposed to get a couple days of rain starting tomorrow. We can sure use it. When we went out to the commissary I noticed how bad the corn stalks looked all dry and yellow. The cotton is hearty as usual. I told Jack how horrible it must have been back in the days when you had to pick cotton by hand. Jack used to "chop" cotton back when he was in high school and he said that was brutal. Basically, it is weeding the cotton plants in the summer Texas heat. UGH!

I got my yarn and fooled around with Jackson's socks and then gave up and am doing just a basic striped pattern on the leg and one color for the cuff, toe and heel and the other color for the foot. I bought blackberry and whisker. Could be either referring to an old man's whiskers or a cat, whisker. It is gray and when you stripe it with the blackberry it almost has a slight lavender hue to it. I will order T's when I get back home from the cruise. Poor kid was puking yesterday I guess. Kelly said it was "nervous" puking, which I know he does. I didn't ask what he was nervous about. She was at a cosmetic surgeon getting some moles on her face removed yesterday so maybe it was pity puking.

Today is dust and vacuuming and a tiny load of clothes I have in the washer at the moment. The black belt should be dry and I can sew in the "d" rings and then I'll post a picture.

Jack has 3 days this week, then all next week he is going to classes on advanced PLC training, then works the following week, then two days before we leave. He told me next week is a freebe.

Maggie: I bet Will has some areas plugged in his printer causing the streaking. The cartridges can get plugged up I understand. Oh man, that must have been awful. Didn't the moving people put on the boxes what was in them??? Thankfully when Jack was in the Navy I didn't work because the kids were small so I could whip a house back together in nothing flat.

Jean: Tell Ian Thomas loves playing the trumpet. This will be Ian's first try at music??? Actually, Thomas was the one who wanted to change high schools for next year. He told his mom when we went to breakfast he was going to get his degree in physics. She said what are you going to do with that degree. He grinned and giggled (he giggles like a girl and it is really funnY) and he told her he would be a physicist like she didn't know if you got a physics degree what he would be doing. He can be a hoot. I had to laugh because Thomas did violin too. Now when the rest of them get older if you can steer them to piano and keyboards they will have covered everything Thomas did. I think his favorites have been the piano and the trumpet.

Well girls time for breakfast and chores and knitting, etc, etc. Have a great middle of the week. Faye
Old 09-18-2013, 12:57 PM   #9  

Good Morning, Flowers! A big change in the weather again today, a sunny 75 degrees and humid. No sweatshirt today! I've been clearing out the kitchen clutter and doing laundry. I wish my washer and dryer were upstairs with the bedrooms!

"Gma" -- Ian played the little plastic flutes, or whatever they are called, last year in school. We got to hear the group at the spring concert. Of course someone played when they should have been resting. Ian did mention playing drums but found out he needed piano first. I tried to give our piano to the kids but neither one of them wanted it. Jason enjoyed taking lessons because that was when he was in his brace; he knew he needed the background to play drums in the band. Beth hated every second of her turn to take lessons. I figure if they take an instrument or sing in the chorus they will appreciate music throughout their lives. Maddy likes to sing so maybe that will be her forte.

Bob will be home for lunch so guess I should put something together. Cooking is such a waste of time imo! Hope you all are enjoying a wonderful Wednesday!
Old 09-18-2013, 05:11 PM   #10  
Thin Within

Talking Wonderful Wednesday

We are planning to go to the “city” tomorrow and have lunch at Olive Garden and visit Michael’s craft shop. Michael’s has “stuff” that we can’t find here. Will needs some special type thick foam packing material that doesn’t have any corrosive material in it to use in his bullet display case.

This is such a good snack and good for you also ~ easy to make too.
ORANGE SECTIONS
Peal and section a navel orange
Cut the sections in half and place in a bowl
Sprinkle over the cut sections:
1T Orange Juice
1T Lemon Juice
1 tsp sugar (I use Splenda® measures like sugar)
Tad bit of ground cinnamon

I am so pleased that the hot summer temps are subsiding and we are having a bit of cooler weather. But I do keep my little bottle of Eye Itch Relief handy for sure. Tissues and that little bottle are my good friends especially this time of the year here in the ♥-Land. I never experienced “allergies” until we moved here.

We just got back from our ride round-about the country and to visit the buffalo. The male baby has caught up with the first born female and is taller than her now. He should bring a big price when he gets full grown for someone that wants a big bull if he is anything like his father. The crops in the fields look lush and thick so there should be a good crop of Milo, sunflower seeds, hay and such.

For dinner I have decided to make a stir fry type meal using some leftover spaghetti noodles that I had frozen and some cut up pork tenders and lots of chopped veggies. Using my wok I use very little oil to coat the wok and it works quite well for the stir fry using some cooking spray on the veggies.

JEAN I got a chuckle out of your wanting your washer and dryer upstairs for I am ever so thankful ours is downstairs. That is since I don't do stairs well and so Will does that chore. Lunches are made for soup and sandwiches and leftovers unless of course you go out for that meal.

DONNA FAYE I do hope all goes well with you during your wait for the day for the cruise to come. You seem to have all your ducks in a row. Wills computer printer mirrors needed a nice cleaning which cleared up the problem.

Have a great afternoon/evening Magnolias.
Old 09-19-2013, 07:58 AM   #11  

Good morning girls. Going to be a hot one here today again. I think it is supposed to get to mid 90's or so. I will get up from here and get chores done before it gets too hot.

I have Jackson's first sock done up to the heel. It sure seems like it is going fast. I hope I can get the first one done this weekend and get the other one started. Thomas's will take a lot longer as his feet are much bigger, the same size as his granddad's now.

The put out the big update for the Iphone yesterday and we spent a least an hour getting our phones to upload it. It makes a lot of changes to our aps and such and it will take time, but I will learn all the new stuff. I guess this was a huge update for all the Iphones.

Jean: Don't know why but those flute things are called recorders. Even I did the recorder when I was in school back when we actually had music class. Tom plays the piano very well. They have a piano that was owned by W.C. Handy. He was a famous blues player back in the 40's and 50's. He was called the, "Father of the Blues." His home and museum are here in Memphis and if you go down on Beale street where all the blues clubs are, there is a big statue of him. I think music and reading are alike. Expose your kids early and you will have them loving it for life. I learned to play the piano, but not very well. I took several years of lessons, but just didn't progress. I loved the shower video you posted on FB. Which one of the kids was that?

Maggie: I haven't been in Michael's for a long time. I usually go to Joann's or Hobby Lobby for my stuff, though the family that owns Hobby Lobby may totally close the business if forced to provide insurance that allows abortions. This is a Christian family and they has said if they are forced to provide insurance that allows abortions they will close all the stores.

I better get kickin' so I can get my cleaning for today done before it gets very hot. I want to get back to knitting too. Here is my black belt. Have a good Thursday. Faye
Attached Images
File Type: jpg black belt.jpg (28.8 KB, 4 views)
Old 09-19-2013, 01:49 PM   #12  

Good afternoon, ladies. A cool 70 degrees this day. Fall is surely in the air.

I had applique bee at the library last night and tonight is applique bee at church. I'm just about done with the stitching on my current carry along project so time to think of what I'll be doing next. We got the last load from the move on Tuesday so only cleaning left there. Big sigh of relief. I went to Kohl's and JCPenny yesterday looking for some fall clothes to wear to work. I don't think they make nice things for older ladies anymore. I don't need skinny pants and tops down to my navel. Next stop will be Macy's and Belks.

Faye, I don't believe in abortion but I don't think I could give up my livelihood because the insurance I provide covers it. Your socks are always lovely.

Jean, I played violin, cello, drums, trombone and tymphani in school. I always wanted to play the piano and sometimes I think I should watch for a used one and treat myself to lessons.

Maggie, you are always cooking up something good!

Have a wonderful day!
Old 09-19-2013, 02:22 PM   #13  
Thin Within

Talking Thursday

It is currently 72°s and sunny with a 36% chance of rain here in the ♥-Land. Will is at the museum and the dogs and cat are all snoozing outside.

We will be going on a mini vacation in Rocktober and will be gone 7th through the 11th down to Texas and around NM some. We plan on stopping in Dalhaart and picking up some of that guys great smoked meat and visiting a restaurant in NM that has paintings and such on sale in a back room. It is the place where Will got that wonderful painting of a buffalo when we were there before. It will be a fun jaunt. We figure there won’t be much traffic at that time for it isn’t a holiday time. We have made arrangements to have our animals taken good care of while we are gone. Cecil won’t like that for they don’t put the cats in with the dogs there. It won’t take him long to get over it though.

I need don’t need to decide on what to fix for dinner this day. I made the best stir fry using some left over spaghetti noodles last evening that I will do “on purpose” one day. I had thawed enough pork for two meals yesterday so will make a rice and meat & veggie dish tonight. Have any of you used those packets of liquid bouillon in dishes? I have them in beef, chicken & veggie. I used one in my stir fry and it certainly perked up the dish. I had chopped up onion, celery and carrots in it along with spices and such. The thing about wok cooking is you can put in what you like and leave out what you don’t like. Just make it up as you go type thing for a great one dish meal. I have a wonderful cookbook by Grace Young which is called Stir-Frying To The Sky’s Edge that has wonderful recipes in it that I can tweek to our taste. I usually use it as a good idea book. Plus I get to eat stir-fry with my chopsticks.

I just went out to the kitchen and heated up a few taquitos for my lunch and got a look in there and need to do some work in the kitchen when I finish here. Yikes, how did I let it get that way.

DONNA FAYE Another nice belt! You will be stilin' for sure. Learning to play instruments is a good thing for kids. Teaches them a lot more than just music. As a child I had a piano in my bedroom which I learned to play and then when in a marching band I played the flute. Then when I got into Pep Club I was marching in that little uniform and couldn't be in the band at the same time. Plus I was in the acappela choir and that took up some touring time and couldn't be in band or orchester with that either. I chose to sing instead of play.

SUSAN I think you would like learning to play the piano. I was never real good at it but it was sure fun. I had an uncle that could make those keys boogie woogie so good for he had such talent. I loved to hear him play. Ah, but he was a scoundrel and a lawyer to top it off.

JEAN Howdy.

I am off now to go clean my kitchen.

Have a great afternoon/evening Magnolias.
Old 09-19-2013, 04:29 PM   #14  

Good Afternoon, Flowers! It's a cloudy humid day with a few sprinkles here 'n there. Crazy weather for sure! I went to get my nails done this morning and made a WM run afterwards. Bob is out at the farm working on his tractor. He and his farmer friend went to town for lunch so won't see him till supper time. We have a meeting at church tonight; I hope it is short and sweet.

Maggie -- What did you order at the OG yesterday? That is my all time favorite place to go, probably because we don't have one here and rarely get to go. When I was working I whipped through the laundry chores on the weekend. Now I just do a load whenever, and sometimes forget it in the washer or dryer. Makes sense to me to have the laundry room closest to where the laundry originates. A mini vacation will be fun to plan. I had to chuckle about your uncle.

"Gma" -- I don't think we called those things recorders but it's been so very many years ago maybe we did. Jason loved to be read to when he was little but Beth didn't. Now her two children, especially Maddy, love to read and always have a book in hand. Jason's two have to be bribed to read during the summer. I think part of that came from Amanda going back to school and not taking the time to spend reading with them during that time. Beth does enjoy reading now however.

Susan -- The moving job will be a good one to call done! I'm sure Sandy appreciated your help. I agree about the stores not carrying clothing appropriate for "mature" ladies! There was just a picture in our local newspaper of a family. They do a feature on people new to town and include favorite recipes. Anyhow, the young mother looked very "normal" while the father is tatoos from shoulders to fingertips and who knows where else, plus earrings. He is the elementary art teacher no less! You certainly are a lady of many talents! I think you would enjoy learning to play the piano. If we ever move I plan to have another piano. We just don't have a good place for one here and the grandkids thought it was a wonderful toy to pound on.

I need to keep moving. The territory needs vacuuming so guess that will be my next project. Enjoy the rest of your day!
Old 09-20-2013, 01:03 PM   #15  
Thin Within

Talking Finally Friendly Friday

GOOD EARLY AFTERNOON MAGNOLIAS☺♫

It is a day in the 70°s here where I live and all is well. We ended up going to I-Hop last evening for we were out and about at dinner time. Our young friend was our waiter and informed us that his latest girlfriend lives next door to us. I was wondering where in the world they had met and then it dawned on me that her father works where his mother does out in the oil fields. We’ll see how long this little romance will last for she has had a long string of boyfriends. Our little friend is talking about going into the Air-Force when he graduates and made a 96% on the exam. The recruiter has his eye on him I am sure; bright young man that he is. Once he graduates high school he is gone.

Have any of you made Scandinavian-style Hasselback Potatoes? Next time I do “bakers” I am going to make them Hasselback. I made them years ago and have a good recipe I ran across while looking through my clipped Veggie recipe small 3 ring binder. They go great with a grilled steak or chops. What made me look in my saved recipes for I ran across a recipe for them in the new Cooking Light magazine and “knew” I already had a clipped recipe of it. The foodie magazines are re-visiting some of the recipes they featured years back and updating them somewhat or not. Anyway they are easy to make and quite yummy. I have lightened the recipe further trimming the P+ value. Tonight I have to make what I had planned to make last evening.

JEAN I agree having the washer/dryer would be better situated if it were on the same level as the dirty clothes are. Sure would make it easier to get clothes clean and then back where they belong. We didn't go the "city" after all for Will decided on a different way to do his case and can get what he needs here.

Something to think about my friends:
Ignore negativity and live above the fray and your day will be a lot better.
Determine to put a smile on your face when you wake up to meet a new day.
Walk softly, speak tenderly, pray fervently and keep calm enjoying life.

Have a great day my Magnolia friends.