Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 09-19-2013, 01:49 PM   #1  

Default Introduction

I have been dieting on and off for at least half of my life. I always get "You have such a pretty face if only you would lose some weight." Pfft, I know I am not the only one to get that one! I lose a lot of weight by restricting myself and then I cave and gain it back plus some. It is so easy to gain but not easy to lose.
About six months ago I came to the realization I was going about it ALL WRONG! In order to reach my ultimate goal it has to be a lifestyle change. I came up with a nutrition plan that works for me, I don't beat myself up for minor slip ups here and there, and if I do slip up I get right back to it.
So far I have lost a total of 35 lbs. I constantly get people asking me how I did it expecting a miracle product to be involved. Don't we all wish! It has taken me plenty of sweat and even tears to get where I am and I refuse to stop now. I hope to gain support and encouragement from this group along my journey but I know I WILL get where I want to be!
OnMyOwn1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 02:46 PM   #2  

Location: Anchorage AK in the summer, Lawrence KS and travel in the winter

S/C/G: High 285+ 256/ticker/160ish

Height: 5'6"

OnMyOwn,

Your way is how I've been doing it as well. Under General Diet Plans header in the forum there is a thread called Intuitive Eating that you might find interesting. As a former binge eater and failed serial dieter I can say that a lifestyle change is the only thing that has worked like this for me thus far.

Welcome.

Cat
vintagecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 03:37 PM   #3  
beautiful bright soul :)

S/C/G: 296 / 171 / 150

I hope you find what you're looking for here. It's a great place to seek and offer support -- the folks here are wonderful. Congratulations on your progress so far! Sounds like a reasonable and sensible approach you're using!
belovedspirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 03:47 PM   #4  

Welcome! I am new here as well but find this place very supportive... Keep going and hope you get what u need from here
nlauah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 09:39 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 188/185/164

Height: 5'8"

Hi OnMyOwn! Congrats on the 35 lbs gone! It sounds like you've found the key to your weight loss success, so keep going! You'll find lots of support here. Good luck!
Jacqui_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 06:54 PM   #6  
Here We Go

S/C/G: Ticker

Height: 5'7"

Just now seeing your intro post!! I'm glad you signed up here You've been doing an amazing job and I am so proud of you!
t0rn is offline   Reply With Quote