Old 09-16-2013, 09:39 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 170/163/135

Height: 5'4"

Default spice cakes!!! feel free to add any of your fall inspired recipes!

Hi all. Since the cooler weather is finally coming to New England and since Starbucks has brought back the pumpkin spice latte, I have been craving traditional fall flavors. I played around with a chocolate zucchini cookie recipe I have seen floating around here and decided to put my own spin on it to make a yummy spice cake. They are delicious and are exactly the right thing to put you in the mood for fall, especially with a cup of pumpkin spice coffee!
What you'll need:
Ideal Protein Crispy Cereal
Ideal Protein Vanilla Drink Mix (or pudding)
2 egg whites
1 tsp baking powder
1.5 tsp oil
drizzle of wf pancake syrup
1 pack of Splenda or Stevia
cinammon, nutmeg, pumpkin pie spice
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 cups or so shredded Zucchini (I use about one medium/large zucchini)

Take zucchini and sprikle with a pack of stevia and a dash of cinnamon. Set Aside.

Crush crispy cereal and mix with vanilla drink mix. Add in egg whites, baking powder, oil, vanilla, pancake syrup and spices and mix. Then fold in zucchini mixture.

I used a mini whoopie pie pan but you could use a mini loaf pan or a muffin tin. Bake at 350 for 12-15 minutes.

While the cakes cool its time to make the icing (optional). Take a tablespoon of wf marshmallow dip and mix with some of the spices used in the cake. Top each mini cake with a smear of frosting. You could also use sugar free pumpkin or toffee syrup in the batter or in the frosting if your center permits it, mine does not. These are the perfect little cakes that feel like a real cheat and put me in the mood for fall, especially with a hot cup of pumpkin coffee!

If you want pumpkin pancakes, mix your crispy cereal pancake batter with cinnamon, nutmeg and pumpkin pie spice. Spray the pancakes with spray butter as they cook. When they are done add a touch more spray butter and finish with a drizzle of wf pancake syrup. Delishious fall inspired way to start the day!

Hope you enjoy! Feel free to share some of your fall inspired recipes here if you have them, it might be nice to get a small thread going!
jojobananas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 09:42 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 157/119.8/125 r/b 136/136/125

Height: 5'2"

That looks like a scrumptious spice cake! I am planning my IP order right now & may have to make this over the weekend.
kkids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 09:44 PM   #3  

Yum! Thanks for sharing that recipe!

Jo
PurpleMomster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 11:23 PM   #4  

Here it is - bump!

Jo
PurpleMomster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 11:42 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 170/163/135

made them with the butterscotch pudding packet.. delish!
jojobananas is offline   Reply With Quote