View Single Post
Old 09-19-2013, 11:01 AM   #10
schenectady

S/C/G: 297/IP start 270/201/160

Height: 5 foot 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by 65X65 View Post
There is no such thing as a freebie!

Off plan indiscretion now will allow the mind set that it's "OK"... to creep in insidiously. Once you are into phasing off and maintenance it is even more important as one moves forward to understand, and practice being aware of what you are doing. If you aren't in this for the long haul...you'll need to buy another ticket at some point.

However; it's good to see so many who are expressing a commitment to a lifestyle that rewards health, self esteem and confidence. If you haven't done that...and can't get through this...you ain't gonna make it down the road. No shortcuts to lifelong success with this. Honesty with yourself is the only way.
As usual, 65X65, you are spot on! I am on week 5 and despite baking delicious things for family, I am still completely OP. I just keep reminding myself that cheats, however slight, are the beginning of that deadly slippery slope!

You and Lisa are such inspirations. On the few days when the scale has not done what I want it to do, or wiggles backwards, I want to throw a tantrum, pout, look for sympathy, whatever. You two bring me back to reality. Thank you for helping keeping us on the straight and narrow regardless of whatever challenges we may feel we are facing!