Closed Thread

Old 09-18-2013, 05:51 AM   #1  

Default IP Daily Chat Wednesday 9/18/2013

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on plan

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page (top of forum, above all the topics) for lots of good information and please read here before asking what might be a frequently asked question: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads,
and here are the most recent Ideal Protein Protocol sheets

And before you cheat, read this thread:
The Real Cost of Cheating on Ideal Protein

Before starting new threads: spend some time reading the forum. Most new threads are duplicates, triplicates, quadruplicates. Folks who are the most successful, make time for research/reading.

More Recipes Here Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow
MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2
Fun with Ideal Protein Packets
Fun with Veggie Purees!
Ideal Protein Diet Recipes #4
Tips and Recipes from the Incredible Weight Loss Center

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos
Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website
Old 09-18-2013, 06:11 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 251/208/180

Height: 5'8"

Good morning Lisa!!! On my 7th week down 25 lbs lovin this plan and I'm enjoying this site a lot. Thanks to you and the many others. I'm usually looking through recipes for the most part. I love to cook when my time allows!

Well just thought I'd say something this morning !! Everyone have a great day

Also wanted to ask some questions;
* How do I get the weight loss bar at the bottom ?
* Is there a way to only see threads about ideal protein when I log on?
* I'm not being notified by email when a thread is updated or someone responds to me even though I asked for email? Is there any other way to be notified?

Thanks

Last edited by kcdoe; 09-18-2013 at 06:28 AM.
Old 09-18-2013, 08:53 AM   #3  
Third time's the charm!

S/C/G: 254.8/Ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcdoe View Post
Good morning Lisa!!! On my 7th week down 25 lbs lovin this plan and I'm enjoying this site a lot. Thanks to you and the many others. I'm usually looking through recipes for the most part. I love to cook when my time allows!

Well just thought I'd say something this morning !! Everyone have a great day

Also wanted to ask some questions;
* How do I get the weight loss bar at the bottom ?
* Is there a way to only see threads about ideal protein when I log on?
* I'm not being notified by email when a thread is updated or someone responds to me even though I asked for email? Is there any other way to be notified?

Thanks
Under the quicklinks tab there is a link to get a tracker, but you have to have been a member of 3fc for I believe a month, and have 20 posts.

I went to the main page where are the threads are for Ideal Protein and that is what I bookedmarked, so when I click it it brings me right there.

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/ That is the link I bookmarked.

And I'm not sure about email notifications? I wish there was, and if someone knows how, please let me know, too. I practically live on these boards though, so I just wait for the threads I have commented in to become bolded so I know that someone new has posted in it.

And you are right, this is a great group!! And congrats on your great success so far!!
Old 09-18-2013, 09:43 AM   #4  
IP start date 8/1/2013

S/C/G: 195/138.6/130

Height: 4'10

Good Morning! Well I spelt like a baby last night after all my adventures in the kitchen. Today is laundry day so I can relax before I go back to work on Friday. Ate perfectly on plan yesterday. gonna keep it up.

NSV - 21 year old store clerk told me I was totally hot and he could tell I had slimmed down. ( I'm frequently in this store. So they recognize me)
Old 09-18-2013, 09:46 AM   #5  
IPALT-P1:5/20 P2:11/1

S/C/G: 219/149.2/135

Height: 5'5 1/2"

Good morning IPers!! I'm down again this morning woohoo! I can just imagine being in the 150's by this weekend. wow. insane!!
I've been doing IP since may with alternative products. But yesterday, a friend of mine who went to a clinic for IP gave me all of her leftover products she didn't use after quitting the plan (who knows WHY she would quit!!!). So I had the spaghetti for dinner last night, and the strawberry wafers for breakfast this morning. Holy Moly! The spaghetti was ok, but it was a change from what I've been eating so it was welcomed! And those strawberry wafers tasted exactly like crunch berries!!! Loved it! So i'm going to do both IP products and alternative products for as long as the IP packets last me. So far so good!!
Old 09-18-2013, 09:54 AM   #6  
My own kind of beautiful

S/C/G: 334/245/175

Good morning everyone!
Rough morning.... I was hoping to have the same energy I woke up with yesterday, but I feel a little crappy this morning....
Still sticking op, just tired....
Old 09-18-2013, 10:11 AM   #7  
IP Start: 05/16/13

S/C/G: 215.8/140.3/145

Good morning all. Happy Hump Day. I am working from home this morning before hearing to court about 45 miles from home this afternoon. Work and study today is about it and maybe retry the muffin recipe. Hope all have a great day!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deana509 View Post
Rough morning.... I was hoping to have the same energy I woke up with yesterday, but I feel a little crappy this morning....
These days happen, just keep trucking. Make sure your nutriition is nailed down, get lots of water and fresh veggies always helped me on these days. Keep up the good work.
Old 09-18-2013, 10:24 AM   #8  
Reboot 10/24/15 - Age 49

S/C/G: 217.5/202.3/155

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deana509 View Post
Good morning everyone!
Hope things improve for you and way to go on staying OP!
Old 09-18-2013, 10:24 AM   #9  
Started IP 6/14/2013

S/C/G: 205/195/140

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by amt6 View Post
NOTHING FITS!!! I am having a simultaneous happy dance and temper tantrum every morning when I go to get dressed for work. New England has been cooling down and I found myself left with one pair of long pants (I had been surviving in capris all summer), and my sweaters from the winter are HUGE! I don't want to spend a lot of money on "hold me over" clothes, but I don't think I'm going to have a choice but to restock on some basics. I am thrilled to be losing, but feel like I look sloppy in the process!
in the same boat! i probably change outfits 17 times every morning. makes me both and !!!
Old 09-18-2013, 10:25 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 230.8/199.5/150

Height: 5'2

NOTHING FITS!!! I am having a simultaneous happy dance and temper tantrum every morning when I go to get dressed for work. New England has been cooling down and I found myself left with one pair of long pants (I had been surviving in capris all summer), and my sweaters from the winter are HUGE! I don't want to spend a lot of money on "hold me over" clothes, but I don't think I'm going to have a choice but to restock on some basics. I am thrilled to be losing, but feel like I look sloppy in the process!

Last edited by amt6; 09-18-2013 at 10:26 AM.
Old 09-18-2013, 10:30 AM   #11  
Third time's the charm!

S/C/G: 254.8/Ticker/145

Quote:
I have been hanging on to my capris for as long as I can as well, even though they are too big. I have one pair of pants suitable for work and I just got them less than a month ago and they were snug when I got them and now I can pull them up and down without undoing them. I am trying really hard to go as long as I can between buying new clothes, but it is hard. I had been wearing my pre-IP t-shirts up until about two weeks ago, and finally my husband said no more! So I gave them all to my mom who is also in the process of losing weight, and to my sister who just started IP two weeks ago tomorrow.

It is so cold out today, yet here I am in capris freezing my butt off (literally)!
Guess it's better that nothing fits because it's too big rather than the other way around!
Old 09-18-2013, 10:49 AM   #12  

Quote:
That's awesome - Congrats!

I did the same - purchasing some basics essentially for work - black pants, black skirt and black jacket, one paid of jeans and t-shirts for the weekend. I also pulled out some wrappy-type dresses which still worked and have worn them a lot, sometimes with belts as the sheath dresses were getting too noticeably big. The tops and sweaters have been mostly do-able with belts and tucking in. I have found that pants simply have been too challenging to fit properly as going through this diet so I have opted more for dresses which were easier to make work.

Congrats again!

Last edited by sarita75; 09-18-2013 at 10:55 AM.
Old 09-18-2013, 11:24 AM   #13  
4/13-12/13 80lbs Loss

S/C/G: 256/176/120

Height: 5'0"

Down another 2.6lbs - I'm now in ONEDERLAND for the first time since 2003.

I'm gonna have a rough weekend though, visiting my sick grandma in Florida. I've told my family to just back off and let me bring/buy my own food and cook for myself while I'm there. I want to stay 100% ON PLAN the whole time. They're having a hard time getting the message.

Last edited by nalaroo; 09-18-2013 at 11:24 AM.
Old 09-18-2013, 11:31 AM   #14  

Quote:
Originally Posted by nalaroo View Post
Down another 2.6lbs - I'm now in ONEDERLAND for the first time since 2003.

I'm gonna have a rough weekend though, visiting my sick grandma in Florida. I've told my family to just back off and let me bring/buy my own food and cook for myself while I'm there. I want to stay 100% ON PLAN the whole time. They're having a hard time getting the message.
Congrats and good luck! Perhaps pre-cooking your meats and single size servings of veggies pre-packed would help?
Old 09-18-2013, 11:39 AM   #15  
Workin' It

S/C/G: 205/186(IP)/159/150

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarita75 View Post
That's awesome - Congrats!

I did the same - purchasing some basics essentially for work - black pants, black skirt and black jacket, one paid of jeans and t-shirts for the weekend. I also pulled out some wrappy-type dresses which still worked and have worn them a lot, sometimes with belts as the sheath dresses were getting too noticeably big. The tops and sweaters have been mostly do-able with belts and tucking in. I have found that pants simply have been too challenging to fit properly as going through this diet so I have opted more for dresses which were easier to make work.

Congrats again!
The wrap dresses are an awesome idea!

Getting dress is a struggle, but one I'll deal with it. I spent too many years hoping that whatever I put on would zip & that I could breathe and hide a roll or two. Glad those days are in the past
Closed Thread