General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Closed Thread

Old 08-19-2008, 01:17 PM   #31  

Thank you so much ladies for your responses...I don't know why, but I felt funny about trying it at my size....I think I am going to make an appointment.

Eskimomad...have fun
Old 08-19-2008, 03:19 PM   #32  
Let's do this!

S/C/G: 210/149/140

Height: 5'6.5

Never ever ever ever attempt to wax yourself at home.

Ever.

I think the level of pain depends on who is doing it and what type of wax. I have had some painful waxes before, but I went to a new salon that actually only does waxing and it was not very painful at all. In fact, I had my brows done right before and those hurt way worse, which never happens.

I think the hair has to be 1/4-1/2 inch long. You can pop an otc pain reliever like iburofen before you go to help aleviate the pain, too.
Old 08-19-2008, 04:58 PM   #33  

S/C/G: 237/165.8/130

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Never ever ever ever attempt to wax yourself at home.
Ever.
Wellllll ... I wouldnt' go quite that far.

I've waxed myself at home before - although not the full Brazillian. I've touched up my own bikini line when I couldn't get to my regular waxer and I do my own legs all the time.

I think there's a level of comfort with the process that you have to achieve first ... and having someone else do it a few times so you know what to expect helps a lot.

Old 08-19-2008, 05:03 PM   #34  
Let's do this!

S/C/G: 210/149/140

Height: 5'6.5

I do my own brows all the time, but I stand by never waxing your bikini by yourself, professionals aside. I don't think touch ups are so bad once you're accomplished, but I have known tooooo many first-timers that lose skin that way, so it's just my general belief.
Old 09-05-2013, 01:29 AM   #35  
beautiful bright soul :)

S/C/G: 296 / 171 / 150

I'm considering getting a Brazilian wax, but I'm wondering what that encompasses, exactly? I mean, is it standard for a Brazilian to also include the (possible tmi warning lol) butt crack and cheeks?

Last edited by belovedspirit; 09-05-2013 at 01:34 AM.
Old 09-17-2013, 11:54 AM   #36  

S/C/G: 196/146/135

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by belovedspirit View Post
I'm considering getting a Brazilian wax, but I'm wondering what that encompasses, exactly? I mean, is it standard for a Brazilian to also include the (possible tmi warning lol) butt crack and cheeks?
Yes the crack. Not sure what you mean by cheeks. It also covers labia hairs. ... it basically can be all pubes. Your esthetician will talk to you about it and you can specify what, if anything you want to leave.
-----

I don't know why a person (especially if you have light skin and dark hair) who waxes regularly wouldn't just take that money and do laser hair removal treatments. The cost is similar and the results build to become permanent. It also hurts less IMO.
Old 09-17-2013, 06:45 PM   #37  
Aussie :)

S/C/G: 101.4kg/98.3kg/70kg

Height: 5'11

What Clumsy said I don't get them regularly but the first time I ever got one Iwas so nervous I think that's why it hurt more lol it's never a fun experience however I found you tend to get used to the pain and it isn't that bad after a while
Closed Thread