Old 08-31-2013, 05:37 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 200/See Ticker/130

Height: 4"11

Default Does your weight loss "day" switch due to certain factors?

Ok this is mainly for the ladies!

I have posted many times on here about ovulation and weight loss delay due to water retention. But I am finding that "my weight loss days"- which used to be on a Monday, are switching! Like now for instance, I lost my 2 pounds late last week and it was on a Saturday- which was 5 days later..(well technically I lost them earlier but it didnt show up on scale until later), And today, which is a Saturday I lost my other 2 pounds.

This is weird ... because if you think about it..ovulation just makes you think you are not losing when really you did. Its only the water retention that masks your weight loss. So technically if I lost weight on the Monday- but it only showed on that Saturday, than why am I losing weight on the Saturday now?

Can someone explain this to me. Yes I know its confusing! lol Or am I thinking about this in the wrong way??

Last edited by Krissypants29; 08-31-2013 at 05:38 PM.
Krissypants29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 07:55 PM   #2  

You need to weigh on the same day of the week, regardless of circumstances. So you lose 2 pounds on Saturday, that shows up on Monday as well or it wasn't a real loss. You can't jump around and get an accurate picture.
QuilterInVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 01:19 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 286.6/264.4/165

Height: 5'9"

I try to weigh at the same WW meeting each week. When I am out of town I try to find a meeting to fit my schedule. Since I intend for this to be a lifestyle change I don't feel like it is worth the hassle to change weigh in days to try to ensure a loss at WI.
Getting2Goal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 02:00 PM   #4  

S/C/G: SW:394/310/180

Height: 5'6"

Your body doesn't work on a 7-day schedule. Your scale weight fluctuates by the minute due to to countless variables.

For example, the weight of the solids in the food you've eaten, but haven't yet metabolized or pooped out yet and the weight of the water in your food and beverages that you haven't peed, sweated, or breathed out yet.

There are thousands of reasons that your fluid balance, digestion and waste removal can be slowed or quickened.

Your body is a very complex machine. Recovery and repair requires extra water, so you may see a gain or stall after exercise, illness, injury, or a bad night of sleep. Carbohydrates require more water to process so you may see a gain or stall or reduced loss if you eat more than your "normal." Likewise low-carb eating tends to shed water weight.

Extra fruit can hasten the pooping schedule. Stress can hasten or delay the process.

Fiber without sufficient fluid intake can constipate you (and you may not see a significant loss until you poop).

Even when you poop, you don't poop out everything in your stomach and intestines. It can take several days from entry to exit.

Sodium and other nutrients can affect water retention and the speed of the digestive and fat loss speed.

Last edited by kaplods; 09-03-2013 at 02:03 PM.
kaplods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 11:32 AM   #5  
WW Moderator

This is a great explanation, Kaplods. Even if I am eating my lunch while reading it.
Jennifer 3FC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 03:20 PM   #6  

Well its now Saturday and I didn't lose my 2 pounds, maybe I will just check on Monday which is the day I usually lose weight to see! It just weird that I lost weight last Sat when I usually lose it consistently on the Monday :/
Old 09-07-2013, 04:08 PM   #7  
I got this

S/C/G: 206/162/135

Height: a little over 5'2

Bodies are weird. It'll be easier once you stop putting so much emphasis on the scale from a day to day or weekly basis.
amandie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 05:13 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 69kg/65/60

Height: 5ft

I usually weigh same time same day each week, but if for some reason I feel like I might not have lost, due to having my period, or having eaten a heavy meal the night before, I will sometimes wait a day or two before weighing so I don't get discouraged.
happybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 12:36 AM   #9  

Quote:
Originally Posted by happybug View Post
I usually weigh same time same day each week, but if for some reason I feel like I might not have lost, due to having my period, or having eaten a heavy meal the night before, I will sometimes wait a day or two before weighing so I don't get discouraged.
Yah..Im ovulating again..and its Monday so at least this time when I stepped on the scale I knew it wasn't going to move. Not so bad when you expect it.
Old 09-19-2013, 06:11 PM   #10  
Goal is health

S/C/G: 238.8/176.1/163

Height: 5'8"

That's the only thing about being a daily weigher. Weight fluctuates greatly day to day and isn't an accurate depiction.
DrivenByAmbition is offline   Reply With Quote