General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 09-16-2013, 10:01 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 69kg/65/60

Height: 5ft

Default How embarrassing

What's your most embarrassing moment? I've had plenty but recently my SIL had a baby and I went to see her in hospital. My brother was sitting on the bed and he says to me, "Are you pregnant again?" while staring at my fat stomach. Then my mother says, "You're not are you?" Then my brother's 4yo pipes up, "Are you pregnant?" and keeps repeating it, and then the woman in the next bed and her visitor, peer around the screen to have a look at me too. Talk about mortifying! And no I was not and am not pregnant, I just have the unfortunate genes to carry fat on my stomach so that I look pregnant,
happybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 10:16 PM   #2  

Location: Anchorage AK in the summer, Lawrence KS and travel in the winter

S/C/G: High 285+ 256/ticker/160ish

Height: 5'6"

Yea, I was "congratulated" once. I don't have children...

I tried on a cute denim dress (on the hanger) a few years ago and looked like a prison matron. During the same shopping trip I tried on a vintage floral dress and decided I looked too much like Aunt Bee. My friend with me was in stitches as I made my commentary but it really turned me off of shopping for a while.

Most of my real embarrassments have little to do with being fat fortunately.
vintagecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 12:51 AM   #3  
Cat Cuddler

S/C/G: 287/266/150

Height: 5'5"

I was in a school play in high school and during rehearsals and after my performance, the drama teacher out of nowhere said to the entire cast pointing at me: "Now let's talk about (my name), how big and fat she is and how nobody likes her!"

I was speechless. No one said a word because they were so shocked. I never told my parents about how that man treated me because I was too embarrassed to repeat it.

Years later, I found out that my grandfather was a college professor of this teacher when he was in school and that they had had a falling out. Regardless of the reason, he should never have done that.
doingmybest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 03:11 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 230/192/120

Height: 5'2

@doingmybest, that is absolutely disgusting of the drama teacher. I was once loudly insulted by my sports teacher in front of several of my classmates and their parents (she insulted me, my mother, my best friend and her mother as well) because she had had an argument with my mother and my friend's mother about something trivial, so I know how you felt. Even at that time I was enraged, so my friend and I told our mothers who came to the school and spoke to the principal, who made the teacher apologize and leave us alone. People so childish and petty who are willing to take their issues out on children shouldn't even be allowed near a school.

Sorry for the mini rant, your post brought the memory back after a long time
ILoveVegetables is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 04:25 AM   #5  
Shona★

S/C/G: 220/185.4/140

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by doingmybest View Post
I was in a school play in high school and during rehearsals and after my performance, the drama teacher out of nowhere said to the entire cast pointing at me: "Now let's talk about (my name), how big and fat she is and how nobody likes her!"

I was speechless. No one said a word because they were so shocked. I never told my parents about how that man treated me because I was too embarrassed to repeat it.
Some teachers are so rude!
I know how you feel, a couple of years ago one of my teachers suggested I should go for a run and lose weight. I was so embarrassed, he even said it in front of one of my friends (who is really fit and into running). Luckily the rest of the class didn't hear. But he said it loud enough for them too.

I told my parents, and they were so pissed off. But I told them not to go down to the school, everyone has a way of finding out and I would rather just leave it, and save being even more embarrassed. But my parents said that if it happens again they will see the principal. Luckily it didn't.
Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 07:47 AM   #6  
Cat Cuddler

S/C/G: 287/266/150

Height: 5'5"

Thanks so much for your comments, Warrior and ILoveVegetables. I am sorry that you both went through that.

I think it is disgraceful when an adult, who should know better, embarrasses a kid like that. If an adult wants to have a helpful, constructive talk with a child or another adult about weight management, they can do it privately and politely.
doingmybest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 11:38 AM   #7  

On the teacher stories, I moved in the middle of 4th grade. I *think*, though I was kept mostly in the dark, that the new school was not going to let me in the gifted program because it was half way through the year and they were "full" or something. I was in gifted classes at my old school and I'm pretty sure my parents made a huge deal out of it, because they let me start midway through the year in the G&T classes, which were a joke anyway, only like a 30 min pull out from class...anyway my guess is my new main class teacher got wind of it, and about a week or two into starting my new school, she was handing back some kind of paper, a quiz maybe, and I got a B..a B!!!...which isn't bad, but she said to me, loudly, "I thought you were supposed to be smart"...I will never forget that...It took me a second, but I responded to her "you're going to be sorry when my parents find out what you just said"...and she was! lol She was order by the principle to apologize to me for such a rude comment...she must have been so mad saying sorry to a 10 year old. .. Fat comments I was ashamed of, but suggesting I was stupid, haha, that I did not tolerate.

On the pregnant thing, I had a lady ask me if I was expecting literally days after my first miscarriage. I told her "not anymore, I just lost my baby." Of course she got all uncomfortable and I just told her she shoudn't assume anyone is pregnant unless she sees the baby exiting the vagina and thanks for bringing up the fact that I should be pregnant but instead I'm grieving the loss of my baby...I purposely made it very uncomfortable and awkward for her, it was kind of my twisted way of teaching her a leason.
GlamourGirl827 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 12:03 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 310/*look*/140

Height: 5'9

I'm sorry, but your brother needs a good slap. :P Joking, but seriously? This happened to me once in Target!
Lecomtes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 01:05 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 160:(/see ticker/125

Height: 5'4

GlamourGirl827: I so need to teach my kids to say that!!! "You'll be sorry when my parents find out" ... Good one!!!
CIELOARGE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 05:54 PM   #10  
Started IP 10/21/15

S/C/G: 243/238.8/170

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlamourGirl827 View Post
Fat comments I was ashamed of, but suggesting I was stupid, haha, that I did not tolerate.
haha! I love that line!
PreciousMissy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 06:43 PM   #11  
Aussie :)

S/C/G: 101.4kg/98.3kg/70kg

Height: 5'11

I live in Australia but my bf lives in Memphis TN and I fly over to see him every 3 months or so. I was there last in May and left a lot of my clothes over there and I went back to visit him late August a lot of the stuff didn't fit He loves me for me no matter what size but I just felt embarrassed for myself. on the plus side though it gave me the kick up the butt I needed for my motivation to lose weight for me
mzshaunna is offline   Reply With Quote