Old 09-14-2013, 12:06 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 183 / 167 / 160

Height: 5'7

Default Can you workout after you completely phase out of IP?

I Have a question. Can you still hit the gym after you completely phase out of the IP diet? (I'm currently phasing out of IP) Will it be bad for you since your body has adjusted itself differently to the low calories, ketosis, etc.? If so how long would you have to wait till you can go back to working out? I was on phase one for only 2 weeks. i'm currently in the 1st week of phase 2. ima be on phase 3 for 2 weeks and phase 4 for a couple of more weeks. Possibly even longer since its suppose to be the "everyday" diet you're gonna be following. i didn't get my desired goal but i feel good at the weight i reached during this diet. I'm planning to just work out to lessen my BMI a bit more, turn a couple pounds of fat into muscle, & tone up my muscles. i Miss going to the gym and feeling strong. I'm a male btw.
JuanPre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 08:49 AM   #2  

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuanPre View Post
I Have a question. Can you still hit the gym after you completely phase out of the IP diet? (I'm currently phasing out of IP) Will it be bad for you since your body has adjusted itself differently to the low calories, ketosis, etc.? If so how long would you have to wait till you can go back to working out? I was on phase one for only 2 weeks. i'm currently in the 1st week of phase 2. ima be on phase 3 for 2 weeks and phase 4 for a couple of more weeks. Possibly even longer since its suppose to be the "everyday" diet you're gonna be following. i didn't get my desired goal but i feel good at the weight i reached during this diet. I'm planning to just work out to lessen my BMI a bit more, turn a couple pounds of fat into muscle, & tone up my muscles. i Miss going to the gym and feeling strong. I'm a male btw.
Why did you phase off before goal?
Anyway, you can exercise right now! Just start slow and gradually increase, just as you would starting or restarting any program

I'm also trying to figure out why you'd do P4 for a couple weeks. This is maintenance. It's the way you're supposed to eat most of the time!

Last edited by lisa32989; 09-14-2013 at 12:04 PM.
lisa32989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 08:49 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 157/119.8/125 r/b 136/136/125

Height: 5'2"

My friend that told me about IP works out almost everyday. She does Crossfit and more. She did those activities toward the end of the time she was on IP.
kkids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 02:16 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 183 / 167 / 160

Height: 5'7

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
Why did you phase off before goal?
Anyway, you can exercise right now! Just start slow and gradually increase, just as you would starting or restarting any program

I'm also trying to figure out why you'd do P4 for a couple weeks. This is maintenance. It's the way you're supposed to eat most of the time!
Finical & time problems. It was to expensive for me it takes a lot from my time to set up meals and what not. im a very busy man. i work around the clock & I'm out and about all the time with my job as a musician. This diet is the best thing that has happened to me out of all the diets i've been on though. It has opened my eyes to a lot of foods i didn't like before this diet. I don't plan on going back to my old binging days. Instead of a big bag of chips before a show i plan on eating some fruits, veggies, etc. I still plan on following the maintenance stage for a long time with my "fun days" for psychological reasons. Maybe later on i'll get back on it but as of now im fine with where i have gotten to.
JuanPre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 04:25 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 211/159/140

Height: 5'4"

I had to stop IP due to health reasons and have since increased the intensity of my exercise regime. I have been working out for two years now, but have not done very intense exercise during IP. Since giving up IP, I did Jillian Michaels 30-day shred followed by her Body Revolution program (getting to phase3 now). While I almost stopped loosing scale weight since going off the diet, I have now gained quite a bit of muscle. And I am shrinking based on my business suit index. I purchased a designer size 12 in April, have now reached size 10 of the same designer and just noticed today that I am finally able to get into my old size 8 designer clothes again. The latter not yet a fully comfortable fit, but I am getting there. This all while loosing a total of 3 lbs on the scale in the last three months. So, what are you waiting for?

Last edited by Lolo70; 09-14-2013 at 04:26 PM.
Lolo70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 04:27 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 211/159/140

Height: 5'4"

PS: While I purchased my suits used on Ebay for a bargain, I find that shrinking by exercise is actually more expensive than IP.
Lolo70 is offline   Reply With Quote