Closed Thread

Old 09-13-2013, 06:32 AM   #1  

Default IP Daily Chat Friday 9/13/2013

Friday the 13th! Lets make it a Lucky one!

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on plan

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page (top of forum, above all the topics) for lots of good information and please read here before asking what might be a frequently asked question: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads,
and here are the most recent Ideal Protein Protocol sheets

And before you cheat, read this thread:
The Real Cost of Cheating on Ideal Protein

Before starting new threads: spend some time reading the forum. Most new threads are duplicates, triplicates, quadruplicates. Folks who are the most successful, make time for research/reading.

More Recipes Here Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow
MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2
Fun with Ideal Protein Packets
Fun with Veggie Purees!
Ideal Protein Diet Recipes #4
Tips and Recipes from the Incredible Weight Loss Center

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos
Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website
Old 09-13-2013, 07:00 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 217/177/175

Height: 5'7"

I H - OP - E everyone has a great IP day!!
Old 09-13-2013, 07:26 AM   #3  
Started IP 5/13/13

S/C/G: 185/128/135

Height: 5' 4 1/2"

Lots to do today, getting ready for a week in Phoenix to visit family. Lots of fun things planned. Forecast shows low 100's while we are there. It will be nice to be able to wear shorts and cute outfits and not feel like a blob.

Hope everyone has a great day!
Old 09-13-2013, 07:48 AM   #4  

Deana509

I read your self-doubt on yesterday's thread. I've been there.

For the longest time, I hardly told anyone I was on this plan. I DID NOT trust myself to stick to it. Now, over a year later and almost 100 lbs down, losing slower than a LOT of my fellow IPers, it's all good. This plan works. It gave me the structure I needed. All I had to do was commit 100% NO MATTER WHAT. I let nothing get in my way. I made no excuses for holidays, special occasions, vacations. I planned and planned some more

My week worth of packets was all in ziplock bags marked for the days of the week. My menus were planned (still are!) ahead of time. I didn't let myself get caught without a plan of action for how I was going to face a situation. Each success made me stronger. Each weigh-in boosted my confidence. I always focused on what I could have, rather than what I was missing (still do).

Turn your self-doubt into action. Organize your food for the week. Make your weekly menu and grocery list. Clean out the pantry and get rid of off-plan foods. Look at your calendar and start planning for your first "hurdle". The forum is FULL of ideas if you give yourself time to plan ahead. Action will help!

For everyone: is your entire day planned? If not, do it now. Don't wing it on IP. Success comes from planning
Old 09-13-2013, 08:42 AM   #5  
My own kind of beautiful

S/C/G: 334/245/175

Height: 5'5"

Lisa,
Thank you!
I didn't plan my entire week out yet, but I did put everything in Ziplock bags for today so I didn't miss anything!
The one thing that is tough for me is that I don't do my own shopping, because I am a student currently, and am required to have the school's meal plan with their cafeteria, and so I have to go by their schedule, but they have a nice salad bar, and the only thing I have to really do is make sure they have the protein that I can actually eat (AKA Not breaded, because they love to serve breaded meat).
All that aside, I am super excited to start today!
I love that this forum has become a part of my daily habits! I think I've been on here more often than Facebook in the past week or two!
Old 09-13-2013, 08:48 AM   #6  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deana509 View Post
Lisa,
Thank you!
I didn't plan my entire week out yet, but I did put everything in Ziplock bags for today so I didn't miss anything!
The one thing that is tough for me is that I don't do my own shopping, because I am a student currently, and am required to have the school's meal plan with their cafeteria, and so I have to go by their schedule, but they have a nice salad bar, and the only thing I have to really do is make sure they have the protein that I can actually eat (AKA Not breaded, because they love to serve breaded meat).
All that aside, I am super excited to start today!
I love that this forum has become a part of my daily habits! I think I've been on here more often than Facebook in the past week or two!
This is my first stop of the day (starting the daily makes sure this happens!)
The cafeteria will probably have its own temptations.
ALWAYS walk in there with a plan!
Old 09-13-2013, 09:12 AM   #7  
Third time's the charm!

S/C/G: 254.8/Ticker/145

Good morning all!!

Lisa, I hope you plan to stick around here long after you are into maintenance!! Thanks for always starting the daily thread and for sharing your wealth of knowledge!
Old 09-13-2013, 09:16 AM   #8  

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrinkingsusie View Post
Good morning all!!

Lisa, I hope you plan to stick around here long after you are into maintenance!! Thanks for always starting the daily thread and for sharing your wealth of knowledge!
Do it! We can hang out in the maintenance thread together
Old 09-13-2013, 10:05 AM   #9  
Started IP - 8/27/13

S/C/G: 265/ticker/170

Height: 5'10"

Good Morning Lovelies!!!

This is my first stop too, after I check my emails and plan my workday. Last night I had a 4th packet for the first time. I was so nervous to have it (blueberry cran granita drink) but it worked. I wasn't hungry for the rest of the evening and I woke up not feeling empty.

Deana509, just a quick thought, does your school cafeteria have hard boiled eggs? That may be a good way to get your protein. Don't give up, hun!!!

So glad it's FRIDAY!!! Have a good day everyone!!!
Old 09-13-2013, 10:10 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 233/233/130

Height: 5'4"

Talking Day 1

Good Morning Everyone

Today is day #1 for me on IP. I made the herb omelet with 1/4 c of the following: broccoli, mushrooms , green pepper and celery. I diced them up nice and small put abt 1/4 tsp olive oil in the pan cooked them a smidge added the omelet mix topped with a bit of sea salt. it was pretty good.

This is going to be a challenge for me I can tell!
Old 09-13-2013, 10:24 AM   #11  
My own kind of beautiful

S/C/G: 334/245/175

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahBell View Post
Good Morning Everyone

Today is day #1 for me on IP. I made the herb omelet with 1/4 c of the following: broccoli, mushrooms , green pepper and celery. I diced them up nice and small put abt 1/4 tsp olive oil in the pan cooked them a smidge added the omelet mix topped with a bit of sea salt. it was pretty good.

This is going to be a challenge for me I can tell!
This is day 1 for me too! You can do it! We should be buddies and keep each other in check since we are starting on the same day!
Old 09-13-2013, 10:38 AM   #12  
Started IP Aug 19, 2013

S/C/G: 218/187.5/144

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLUS View Post
I H - OP - E everyone has a great IP day!!
Love that

Quote:
Originally Posted by dak1lls View Post
It will be nice to be able to wear shorts and cute outfits and not feel like a blob!
Being able to wear the shorts and cute outfits sounds more fun than the vacation itself! Can't wait to get to that point! Though, not sure if I'll EVER look good in shorts again. 60yr old legs (with many years of abuse) may not be salvageable LOL. But just cute outfits, in a SMALL size, will be so fun!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
All I had to do was commit 100% NO MATTER WHAT. I let nothing get in my way. I made no excuses for holidays, special occasions, vacations. I planned and planned some more. Success comes from planning
SUCH great advice, Lisa! Couldn't agree more. This is all you really need to know!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deana509 View Post
I am a student currently, and am required to have the school's meal plan with their cafeteria, and so I have to go by their schedule, but they have a nice salad bar. All that aside, I am super excited to start today! I love that this forum has become a part of my daily habits! I think I've been on here more often than Facebook in the past week or two!
Oh, to be so young and experiencing college years again! You will NOT be sorry you started IP now. It is a great time in your life, enjoy it by having fun, but also getting healthy!! I think for most IP'ers who are doing well, this forum is an "automatic" and important part of every day! The connections you will make will really help you, and reading all of the posts, and seeing so much success is so motivating! I just keep thinking "I want to be like THEM!" and it helps keep me on the straight and narrow! I have failed so many times, but this forum gives me concrete evidence that IF I STICK WITH IT - I will succeed this time. No doubts!! And after struggling so many years, that is so exciting to me! Keep positive!!

Thanks to all for all of your continued great advice, support and motivation!! Have a great Friday!!
Old 09-13-2013, 10:46 AM   #13  

Height: 5'-8"

Good morning,
I have a question; has anyone else noticed that that the IP Chocolate and Vanilla Drink Mix are turning out to be extra thick? or is it just me? They must be playing with the formulas!
Old 09-13-2013, 10:47 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 297/IP start 270/201/160

Height: 5 foot 6

Lisa - As usual, your comments are wise and spot on! For the 3 1/2 weeks I have been on IP, your postings have given me hope.

Today, you made one comment that I am going to work through many times to remind myself how I am going to succeed on this program.

"I always focused on what I could have, rather than what I was missing (still do). "

Thank you for your wisdom. I will repeat this as my mantra as I going walking today, and many times after that!
Old 09-13-2013, 11:00 AM   #15  
Started IP 6-5-13

S/C/G: 211.4/154.0/155

Height: 5'7 and a half!

Good Morning happy Friday fellow IPers! To those of you just starting, this will work, you will do great, just follow the plan and Lisa's great advice and stay strong!
Closed Thread