South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 09-13-2013, 06:13 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Finally Friday! - Chat for September 13

Good morning! Been offline for over 48 hours with a broken off/on button on the PC. Easy fix once the new lad listened to what I thought was wrong with it!

Been a hectic week with Donna's wrist operation and other hassles but I'm looking forward to a haircut today and going to Ottawa overnight tomorrow for a family wedding. I am so glad the weather has normalized and I'll be able to wear a fall-ish outfit. My all occasion summer dress seems to have "shrunk".

My daughter arrives Tuesday for a week's visit. I'm going to push healthy eating with her. She's a smoker and I may introduce her to my friend Melinda, also a smoker, who now has very bad lung cancer. Am I mean? Mary Ellen is a nurse and "knows everything" so it may fall on closed ears. It's hard being a mother.

I'm about to throw together a smoothie and wish I hadn't frozen all the peaches. It would seem wrong to thaw then after just two days in the freezer!

Hope your Friday is fabulous!
Old 09-13-2013, 06:30 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Happy Friday!

Ruth, your PC woes reminded me that I should take my old laptop to have the "N" button fixed. Otherwise, it's in good working order and maybe one of the grandkids could use it. I hope taking your DD to meet Melinda shakes up some sense in her to quit smoking. But seeing what my mother went through hasn't made Jake stop, unfortunately. Some people just don't believe it will happen to them.

The rain last night chased the awful humidity out of here and I have the windows open to catch the breeze this morning. I have several niggles to get out of the way today so I'll have tomorrow free to spend with Twynn! It's silly that we only live a couple hours from each other, yet never managed to get together until now.
Old 09-13-2013, 06:59 AM   #3  

Height: 5' 5"

Just a quick hello on my way out the door, coffee in hand.
Glad it is Friday, although I don't have any major weekend plans. At least the storms last night seem to be clearing and the weather looks to be much cooler today.
Ruth, glad to see you back! Have a good wedding trip.
Cottage, how exciting to look forward to meeting Twynn! Hope you have a great visit.
Ok- got to go! I'll be back later.
Old 09-13-2013, 07:09 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Ruth, there must be something in the water, a few outfits seem to have "shrunk" here as well. Funny, eh?

Cottage - tomorrow will be great! I should be fully caffeinated by the time I get there .

Beth, not having many plans for the weekend is awesome! Hope it is a good one for you.

I have my short (9-2) day, and very few appointments. I need to make a side dish and a dessert for Sunday, and since I'm busy gallavanting around the Hershey area tomorrow (hhhmmm....SBD in chocolate country....hmmmmm), I'll need to do that today. I guess I need to figure out what I'm making first!

Have a great Friday, chicks!
Old 09-13-2013, 07:55 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Good morning we too had incredible rain yesterday. Feels good having the windows open. Joe and I went to see the Butler last night. I really enjoyed it. However, it was a tad long almost 2 1/2 hours. A movie that long is better for me to watch at home. Joe introduced me to chick pea salad. So easy and yummy. Chick peas, olive oil, red wine vinegar, red onion, S&P and oregano. Went well with the venison burgers, sans buns.

Today I am enjoying a cup from Joe's Keurig. I am borrowing his to see if I may actually want one. I think today will be a two cup morning.

Tammy And Linda cannot wait to hear about your day!

Ruth enjoy your visit with DD. My DS too is a smoker. He takes after his father in that department. I cannot stand it!! DS knows if I suspect anyone has Sven smoking even near the truck, I will take the plates off it and he can walk to school.

Beth glad you have some down time this weekend.

Natasha, my fingers are crossed for you, my legs and eyes too!!! Keep us posted on the interview. From your posts, you are obviously more qualified than most and you would be a great asset to any department.

OK time for me to re-up my Verizon contract for the house.

Have a great day!
Old 09-13-2013, 08:31 AM   #6  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

Ruth glad you are back online

Cottage DS took it up for a bit but when I told him that as of Jan 2014 my company will not hire anyone who smokes (they will be testing for it) he said I don't smoke any more. Praying it's true.

Beth enjoy your Friday

Twynn have fun today

Jekel enjoy your day as well.

Natasha fingers crossed for you.

Today is wfh have lots of work to do, DD2 is off school today so not alot of running around which is good because DD1 is borrowing my car to go to school. Her car is 1K to fix so we are going to do it, better than having to deal with buying a newer car and now it should get her through finishing up college.

It is a beautiful day today and the rest of the weekend temps in the early 70's for highs.

Have a wonderful day everyone.
Old 09-13-2013, 11:15 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 214/210/164

Height: 5'0"

Fly-by for me. Still have a poor, sick, snotty girl. Hoping she feels better tomorrow so we can get back to normal!
Old 09-13-2013, 09:00 PM   #8  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

bedtime fly by from here Tomorrow we try the new kayak! Can't wait
Closed Thread