Old 09-11-2013, 03:10 PM   #1  

Default newbie question about pre conditioning week...

newbie question about pre conditioning week... is it necessary to be successful? When I did the hcg round months ago with this clinic i stuck to the pre conditioning and it was tough and I got rid of my carb and sugar addiction and was prepared when starting the diet. Some that started with me in the group didnt do the pre conditioning week so i know they had a tougher time the first week.

With meta slim.... did you all do pre conditioning? I have not been stickign to it so great this week I go to my meeting today to get my menus and I acutally start the first week tomorrow. I ate some food this week I knew i wouldnt be eating for a very long time.
clarissairene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 03:56 PM   #2  
lettergirl74

S/C/G: 166/142/131

Height: 5'8

Hi!
I joined MRC last Tuesday (9-3-13) and was on preconditioning for 1 week. I went in and got my menu plan yesterday and started the program today. I cut out everything bad during preconditioning so my body would adjust and be ready for the restricted diet plan. I was told that the first 10 days are tough, but after that you have alot more food choices. Good luck and I look forward to keeping up with you on here!
Wendy
Lettergirl74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 11:16 AM   #3  

Thanks Wendy! I went to the meeting last night and they HIGHLY suggested i complete atleast 5 -10 day of pre conditioning so going to do it!!!
Old 09-15-2013, 04:02 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 251/179/155

Height: 5'8"

I lost seven pounds on preconditioning. You just have to make your mind up that you're going to stick to it, and do it! Too many people want to cheat or not stick to the plan. I'm not going to say I haven't wanted a hamburger or whatever at times. But if you do what they tell you, you WILL succeed! I've tried (and failed at) so many diets, it's not funny. I'm only halfway to goal ( I've lost 47 lbs since the end of May) but this time is different because its working! Once you see results, you will want to stick to it as well! Having the right mindset is everything, you can do it! ( if I can, anyone can )
DeannG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 09:49 AM   #5  

Thanks Deann! I am on day 3 of pre conditioning and sticking to it!!!!
Old 09-17-2013, 10:08 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 251/179/155

Yay! It's so much easier to stick to something when it works, lol. I have cheated at times, but my cheating is always a couple extra pieces of gum or a little bit of extra vegetables. I haven't eaten anything not on the menu. I have lost weight every single week. The lowest amount was 1.5 lbs, but I generally lose 2-3 lbs a week. I expect it will slow down once I get closer to goal, but that's to be expected.
DeannG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 07:17 PM   #7  
Beautiful, Sexy, Skinny

S/C/G: 320/Ticker/200

Height: 5'10

Ive found it soooo easy to stick to pre conditioning even when I was eating out odd. I dont think its hard at all. Maybe im just weird. I know my boyfriend will have to do a longer pre conditioning though since its harder for him.
SMSDREAMER2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 03:32 PM   #8  
Sherry, Senior Member

S/C/G: 194/172/158

Height: 5'-7

Quote:
Originally Posted by clarissairene View Post
newbie question about pre conditioning week... is it necessary to be successful? When I did the hcg round months ago with this clinic i stuck to the pre conditioning and it was tough and I got rid of my carb and sugar addiction and was prepared when starting the diet. Some that started with me in the group didnt do the pre conditioning week so i know they had a tougher time the first week.

With meta slim.... did you all do pre conditioning? I have not been stickign to it so great this week I go to my meeting today to get my menus and I acutally start the first week tomorrow. I ate some food this week I knew i wouldnt be eating for a very long time.
The pre-conditioning is what gets your body ready for the restrictions for the menu days 1-4 then you go to menu days 5-10 then you get the green menu, it has a little bit more foods that are on the pre-con menu. When you hit maintenance you pretty much can eat only the food on the pre-con, that's where everyone has problems because you eat the same foods over and over and not outside of the ones listed.
skelley331 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 11:40 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 204/125.5/135

Height: 5'4.5"

I eat things not on the maintenance list... Just don't eat them all the time. And I count the calories. What I do stay away from is processed carbs like white bread, and so forth. I've even had candy without problems. Now, I am very careful about what I do choose, and if I'm going to eat some candy, it's worth it, like Godiva Chocolate, and I really do only have the littlest amount. If my husband orders something I might want to try, I take a bite off of his plate. But, you know, none of it really tastes so good that I want more than a bite or two.

Granted, I've only been on maintenance for 5 months. But, I got a great deal on maintenance program (doing the at home program), and I'm good on maintenance until June 2014. I check in with my coach once a week usually, but can call or text her if I need more help.
MarleneV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 03:56 PM   #10  

Is there anyone who can fax 386-755-0503 the 1-4, 5-10 menus to me PLEASE
Tsl88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 04:01 PM   #11  
Sherry, Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsl88 View Post
Is there anyone who can fax 386-755-0503 the 1-4, 5-10 menus to me PLEASE
We can't do that they are a copyright of MRC we could get into trouble and we have all paid for the program and that's how we got our menus, if you are going thru the center then they will give these to you as you work your way thru it.
Old 05-03-2014, 01:41 PM   #12  
Not giving up!

S/C/G: 123.5/no scale/happy & healthy

Quote:
Originally Posted by skelley331 View Post
When you hit maintenance you pretty much can eat only the food on the pre-con, that's where everyone has problems because you eat the same foods over and over and not outside of the ones listed.
This is incorrect information. The process of stabilization is taking your body out of a ketogenic state and back into a normal caloric exchange. When you get to maintenance, the center will tell you based on your body comp what level of calories you can eat to maintain your new body. (Actually, they will typically start you out lower and add 100 calories every couple of weeks if you don't gain.) On maintenance it's as simple as counting calories and staying within your allowed range. Anything you want within that range is fair game. I ate Cadbury eggs, went out to Red Robins on my birthday and ate a bacon cheeseburger (lettuce wrapped instead of bun, no fries - needed to be able to eat the rest of the day!), peanut butter, Red Vines, Costco pizza... none of those things were allowed on pre-con. As long as I counted the calories and stayed in range, I did not gain.
Going4Fit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 04:32 PM   #13  
Sherry, Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Going4Fit View Post
This is incorrect information. The process of stabilization is taking your body out of a ketogenic state and back into a normal caloric exchange. When you get to maintenance, the center will tell you based on your body comp what level of calories you can eat to maintain your new body. (Actually, they will typically start you out lower and add 100 calories every couple of weeks if you don't gain.) On maintenance it's as simple as counting calories and staying within your allowed range. Anything you want within that range is fair game. I ate Cadbury eggs, went out to Red Robins on my birthday and ate a bacon cheeseburger (lettuce wrapped instead of bun, no fries - needed to be able to eat the rest of the day!), peanut butter, Red Vines, Costco pizza... none of those things were allowed on pre-con. As long as I counted the calories and stayed in range, I did not gain.
Going4Fit:
My center gave me a maintenance menu with a list of foods to follow! But I still had to stay within a calorie range too! They never told me I could eat outside of the menu!