View Single Post
Old 09-11-2013, 05:53 PM   #48
lisa32989
IP start Aug 2012

S/C/G: 260.2/165

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breakofday71 View Post
I have come a long way in my weight loss journey. I have have many successes on IP -it works! What I am struggling with now is the fact that I am burned out and tired. I am 10 lbs from the goal my dr and I set, but I am seriously considering switching to phase 3 on the first of October even if I haven't hit it yet. Any feedback or suggestions?
I'm sorry, I meant to respond to you earlier.
You are so close! I say do what feels right
Diet burnout is a real thing (mentally and physically), especially for those of us doing it over a year. There is nothing wrong with phasing off close to goal. Remember, you'll still lose in Phase 2 (don't skip it!) and I still lost in P3, albeit not like in P1.

A "break" doesn't mean a break from learning to maintain your new weight. It means continuing behaviors that will keep you in the same weight range. Perhaps a 6 or 8 week break from P1 is exactly what the "doctor" ordered. You might be pleasantly surprised how quickly the rest will come off if you give your body a break from P1, learn to follow P4 and learn to maintain for a while.

I was switching to P4 on Halloween but I may actually bump that up a bit. We will just see how it goes. I'd really like to hit the 100 lb off mark, first!