Old 09-11-2013, 10:05 AM   #1  

Default HELP ME! Gaining OP! What am I doing wrong?

The thread title says it all...I have gained two lbs on IP since Monday when after a week I was down 5lbs. What the heck? I started last Tuesday and when I weighed on Monday I was at 135. This morning was 137. Ughhhh...so frustrated because I am 100% OP!

It's funny because when I did IP last year and got to goal, I remember waking up and feeling thinner always, even during TOM. This time, I have 10 lbs to kick off and I am not feeling the same plus I even felt bloated this morning. Bloated on IP????? Never heard or felt this before. Anyone else go through something similar. Too much salt, the BIG C, what could it be? I am so confused and honestly feeling really scared that it may not work. I Have read about people experiecing hormonal issues and not being able to lose weight and I am terrified this is what could be happening to me. What if I have messed up my metabolism and I keep gaining?
eandc2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 10:06 AM   #2  

The only thing I am doing differently this time is that I am having a daily restricted...which I never did before because my coach would not allow restricteds. Furthermore, I have been using a truvia in my tea each day. Could this be it? Everyone says that restricteds never impact their losses and use sweetners.
Old 09-11-2013, 10:10 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 293/ticker/170

Height: 5'6"

Weight loss is NOT linear. And if you only have 10 pounds to lose, as you say, you are going to experience smaller overall loses, even on IP. You've only been on slightly for a week...keep at it. You will lose. The first week was water weight. ALWAYS expect to see some of it come back (that's why weeks 2 and 3 tend to have smaller losses). Keep at it, either later this week or next week, you'll see it go back down. A scale is NOT the most accurate weigh to see if you are losing fat, so do not weigh daily. It will only drive you nuts. Measure your inches once every two weeks or so to get a more accurate result. If you feel bloated, it may be the big C...or it may be gas...or it may be bloating from TOM approaching.

Take a deep breath and repeat after me, "I WILL NOT derail after a week and a jump, I WILL NOT derail after a week and a jump, I WILL NOT derail after a week and a jump."

Now, go get them Tiger
zoesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 10:13 AM   #4  
Started IP 2/13/13

S/C/G: 248/123/123

Height: 5'2"

Daily fluctuations are normal. If you want to step on the scale between your weekly weigh ins, you have to mentally prepare yourself for the possibility that you are going to "catch" your body in an odd period of being up for whatever reason, water retention, constipation, etc. I would up your water intake a bit if you can to flush out and try to relax and trust the plan. I don't know how much you lost the last time, but if it was more than 10 lbs, you probably can't compare it to this time. Losing that last 10 lbs seems much trickier than losing the first whack of weight (that's what I hear, anyway . . . I'm still in the "whack" part.)

Good luck!
SylviesGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 10:36 AM   #5  

Height: 5'-8"

Deep Breath, Stay OP.
I have 5lbs till I reach goal and most of us will tell you yes it comes off VERY SLOW, I have been loosing 0.6-0.8 lbs/week since 15 lbs from goal.
I have also expereinced the Bloated and skinny feelings, and the funny thing is even on the bloated feelings I was loosing inches around the waist. Take a good look at your food journal, find out what the trend is on the days or the days after you feel bloated.
willsea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 11:07 AM   #6  

Thanks everyone. I am definitely planning on staying OP since my only other option is to quit and that would make my situation worse...which would totally suck! Initally when I did IP last year, I lost 27lbs from October to December getting down to 135. The last few weeks before a reboot I was hovering around 140 so I decidded to get back on the wagon and get down to 130 (which was my original goal but I settled on 135 because I was traveling a lot and honestly burned out). I am not working with a coach and doing weeekly weigh-ins because my work schedule is nuts and I do not want to weigh at 8:30 in the evening when when I pop in to get food. That being said, I weigh everyday for motivation and to keep track of my stats myself...usually it gives me motivation but I guess not today LOL.
It just struck me as odd as in my previous experiences while the scale may not go down each day it certainly did not go up. Furthermore, as I mentioned I felt bloated today without any real correlation (no cheats, TOM is not due until end of month). I guess it is what it is and I will be patient and ride it out.

Anyways, I think I will really kick up the water, increase my sleep, and as Zoesmom says, go get them Tiger. BTW, that really made me smile!!! Thank you!!!

Thank you all for your support. I can't tell you how much it means and how it helps me stay OP.
Old 09-11-2013, 06:58 PM   #7  
Serial Dieter

S/C/G: 320/278/200

Height: 6'3"

Just a note that 50 oz of water weights around 3.5 pounds ... so your weight can fluctuate a lot depending on your water level when you weigh yourself. Try weighing yourself at the same time every day, and after the same activity ... for example just after waking up and taking your wake-up bathroom visit.
Avalon1957 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 10:58 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 157/119.8/125 r/b 136/136/125

Height: 5'2"

I didn't gain weight, but the last 2 weeks I've noticed a huge stall in the weight loss. We looked over my food journal today & found some small problems with the foods I'm eating. For instance -made a mistake with salmon. Working on making sure I follow the protocol better (I thought I was) & we'll see what happens. I don't have as much to lose, so I figured it might be slower to come off.
kkids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 08:14 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 293/ticker/170

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by eandc2006 View Post
Thanks everyone. I am definitely planning on staying OP since my only other option is to quit and that would make my situation worse...which would totally suck! Initally when I did IP last year, I lost 27lbs from October to December getting down to 135. The last few weeks before a reboot I was hovering around 140 so I decidded to get back on the wagon and get down to 130 (which was my original goal but I settled on 135 because I was traveling a lot and honestly burned out). I am not working with a coach and doing weeekly weigh-ins because my work schedule is nuts and I do not want to weigh at 8:30 in the evening when when I pop in to get food. That being said, I weigh everyday for motivation and to keep track of my stats myself...usually it gives me motivation but I guess not today LOL.
It just struck me as odd as in my previous experiences while the scale may not go down each day it certainly did not go up. Furthermore, as I mentioned I felt bloated today without any real correlation (no cheats, TOM is not due until end of month). I guess it is what it is and I will be patient and ride it out.

Anyways, I think I will really kick up the water, increase my sleep, and as Zoesmom says, go get them Tiger. BTW, that really made me smile!!! Thank you!!!

Thank you all for your support. I can't tell you how much it means and how it helps me stay OP.

Gald to be of service Now, I am going to have to stalk you to find out your progress
zoesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 02:16 PM   #10  
Restart IP 10/19/2013

S/C/G: 195/ticker/135

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by eandc2006 View Post
The only thing I am doing differently this time is that I am having a daily restricted...which I never did before because my coach would not allow restricteds. Furthermore, I have been using a truvia in my tea each day. Could this be it? Everyone says that restricteds never impact their losses and use sweetners.

Are you exercising? Muscles swell with water after a workout. Also, why do restricteds? Skip those, you didn't do them last time. When I was on protocol I couldn't do restricted or have any skim milk or anything that wasn't OP. I did use Walden Farms a lot but, I think the issue was skim milk and when I quit putting that in my coffee and 'hot choc made w WF' the weight came off at 3 lbs per week. Unfortunately I can't use whey protein any more and the weight loss is soooooooo slow without IP. You're lucky you can do the protocol.
sekc14 is offline   Reply With Quote