Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 09-11-2013, 01:57 AM   #1  
Aussie :)

S/C/G: 101.4kg/98.3kg/70kg

Height: 5'11

Default Too much temptation

A bit of background: I work as a receptionist at a village where miners stay while working out at the minesite. Think of it like a hotel if you will. Food is provided as we live here 4 weeks at a time and there's always a large variety of deserts. The issue is more the fact that the reception area sells a few items such as chips chocolate ice cream etc- this seems to be my downfall.

I have only recently started this week but my problem seems to be binge eating around lunch time In the morning I'm fine with porridge, then have some fruit and carrot sticks for a snack then about lunch time I binge on chocolate and chips. Today after eating really well in the morning I had three small chocolate bars and a bag of chips over lunch even though I had a nice healthy salad in the fridge

I guess this thread is more to vent and own up to my binge eating problems. It sounds pathetic but in the past I'd look forward to binge eating on crap and then tell myself it's okay I'll try better tomorrow and then it's just the same. I wish this wasnt so hard and frustrating
mzshaunna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 08:01 AM   #2  
Michelle the Vegan

S/C/G: >207/under goal/150

Height: ~5'9" of Snark

Hey girl, both Tyla and I offer some suggestions on the temptation/sugar thing in the Binge Free September thread...
Mrs Snark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 12:18 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 215/188/150

Height: 5'4"

Have you tried eating mostly protein in the morning? If I have carbs in the morning I have the appetite and control of a monster by lunchtime. Porridge, cereal, oatmeal or anything brown is simply out of the question for me as breakfast.
Palestrina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 08:02 PM   #4  

Thanks for the tips Still eating things I shouldn't be here and there but it is getting better
Old 09-15-2013, 02:43 PM   #5  

S/C/G: GW: 125

Height: 5'6"

I agree with the protein at breakfast suggestion. Is porridge like oatmeal? If I eat oatmeal for breakfast, I am stark raving STARVING well before lunch.

Could you go to work without money, and then have no option to buy anything?

Last but not least, my best strategy -- map out all my food for the day in advance. Commit to it. Then I can say, nope, not on my menu for today (though I know for some people this structure causes a lot of anxiety).
thesame7lbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 02:51 PM   #6  
Trying to be in the 160s

S/C/G: See my siggy ;)

Height: 5'8"

Just say no to chips and chocolate. Banned.

I have chocs at work freely available too. But chocolate is now gone from my life.
IanG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 08:09 PM   #7  

thesame7lbs - sorry yes porridge is just pretty much what we call oatmeal. I'd be happy having protein for breakfast as I really like omlettes and scrambled eggs but the eggs here arent that nice The scrambled egg isn't fresh (the bottled variety instead of using fresh eggs) and the only way the eggs taste nice is when they are fried which completely defeats the purpose. The menu idea sounds good though and may give it a try

IanG - i know easier said then done, I just need to work on my self control. it seems to be working slowly and I've noticed (not sure if it's a mental thing or not) that the thought of having chips instead of some nuts or fruit actually makes me feel a bit sick ... now if only that would work to put me off chocolate LOL
Old 09-19-2013, 11:01 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 165/140/130

Height: 5'8

Not everyone likes this but a pouch of salmon, tuna, some string cheese, nuts/peanut butter... there are lots of options for adding protein to breakfast without just relying on eggs.
PorkyPiggin is offline   Reply With Quote