Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 09-09-2013, 06:20 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 224/194/140

Height: 5 foot 4

Default Hiya :)

Hiya people. Introducing myself as a newbie to the forum, but definitely not to dieting lol!

Well, I'm Rachel, 24, from Cheshire. Always been overweight since the age of about 10. At that age it was probably just a few pounds, but as soon as i went into high school those few extra pounds were enough for the bullies to get a hold of. Slowly began to gain weight as i got more unhappy. I had plenty of friends, it just didn't make enough of a difference to stop it.

By the end of high school i was probably a couple of stone overweight. I continued in the same vein for the next few years, through my A-level years. My weight gain stopped at that point and when i started uni i was probably the heaviest i've ever been. I stayed the same pretty much through the 3 years of uni.

The real weight loss started when i got my first job post qualifying as a nurse. I looked at myself in my new uniform and even though i have never been over about 16 stone at my heaviest, to me a looked huge. As i started working properly i found that when i did night shifts i ate well as i'd take fruit to work to keep me going. It was at that point the weight loss started to be visible, even my uni mates who i would see every so often at work noticed.

I was ecstatic with my weight loss so far, but i am nowhere near the weight i want to be. Still got some work to do but i've recently lost my mojo for it. If i'm honest, i lost my momentum when i found out recently that my boyfriend and his mates regularly go to a local strip club when they all go for nights out. It's completely knocked any confidence i had in how he looks at me and my happiness at my success.

Anyway, Hi, this is me . xxx
NurseRachie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 10:58 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 310/288/235

Height: 5'9"

Welcome!!!
mhill0823 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 01:04 PM   #3  
Michelle the Vegan

S/C/G: >207/under goal/150

Height: ~5'9" of Snark

Welcome NurseRachie!

I hate to read that your self-confidence has been knocked down, I'm so sorry. I hope you are able to re-find it -- don't let a strip club be the thing that keeps you from realizing your goals!

Hope to see you on here alot and read about your successes and your journey!
Mrs Snark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 07:19 PM   #4  
Aussie :)

S/C/G: 101.4kg/98.3kg/70kg

Height: 5'11

I can completely get where you were coming from.... throughout primary and highschool I was bullied for my weight too. I am not a fan of strip clubs at all (each to their own) and while my bf doesn't go to them, I can understand why you feel the way that you do. As Mrs Snark said, don't let it stop you from reaching your goals. I am sorry you feel the way that you do but hopefully you will feel better soon. Good luck with your journey and if you ever need someone to chat too feel free to send me a message
mzshaunna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 09:23 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 297/182/155

Height: 5'8

welcome
df180 is offline   Reply With Quote