Closed Thread

Old 09-10-2013, 06:53 AM   #1  

Arrow IP Daily Chat Tuesday 9/10/13

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on plan

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page (top of forum, above all the topics) for lots of good information and please read here before asking what might be a frequently asked question: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads,
and here are the most recent Ideal Protein Protocol sheets

And before you cheat, read this thread:
The Real Cost of Cheating on Ideal Protein

Before starting new threads: spend some time reading the forum. Most new threads are duplicates, triplicates, quadruplicates. Folks who are the most successful, make time for research/reading.

More Recipes Here Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow
MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2
Fun with Ideal Protein Packets
Fun with Veggie Purees!
Ideal Protein Diet Recipes #4
Tips and Recipes from the Incredible Weight Loss Center

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos
Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website
Old 09-10-2013, 07:41 AM   #2  
Taking it day by day!

S/C/G: 185/176/145

Height: 5'5"

I just want to say HAVE A GOOD DAY! I missed chatting with you guys yesterday (the work day was nuts) and hope to circle back tonight. This week is a very big social activity week with work. Yesterday was a Golf Tournament that I volunteered at for a few hours (skipped their lunch and ate mine on the side). And, I'm planning a Farewell soiree for one of my bosses employees of 18 years - lots of beer and snack foods; Costco, here I come. However, I'll be sure to order a side veggie platter to have on hand and come armed with my snack, as well.. Serve Beer, Wine and sparkling water. It's ALL about the social aspect, right?

Take care everyone and have a nice IP friendly day!
Old 09-10-2013, 08:37 AM   #3  

I have decided to lower my goal weight, and I did it 145. This is still a little high when you go by those ideal weight charts but I want to be in the "normal" BMI. The problem is as an adult, or even a teenager, I have never weighed so little. How have you guys come up with your goal weights?
As a side note I did use that dukan calculator also and that had me at 152. Interesting the Dukan calculator
Old 09-10-2013, 08:52 AM   #4  
Third time's the charm!

S/C/G: 254.8/Ticker/145

Quote:
Originally Posted by trishthayer View Post
I have decided to lower my goal weight, and I did it 145. This is still a little high when you go by those ideal weight charts but I want to be in the "normal" BMI. The problem is as an adult, or even a teenager, I have never weighed so little. How have you guys come up with your goal weights?
As a side note I did use that dukan calculator also and that had me at 152. Interesting the Dukan calculator
When I did IP previously, my goal weight was 160 because that was the lowest I ever remember weighing, and having been bigger all my life, it is stuck in my head that I could never be skinny, or never be that light. But this time I decided that yes I can! My goal right now is 150 and then re-evaluate when I get there. I know when I was 160 lbs, I wasn't happy with my legs, and my little pouch on my stomach, so I figured 150 was a good place to start. But I have also read on here that with IP people will weigh a weight they had previously, but have been smaller at that weight than they were before. I think it is more about how you feel than the number on the scales. I am hoping that I will "know" when I get there.
Old 09-10-2013, 08:58 AM   #5  
Started IP Aug 19, 2013

S/C/G: 218/187.5/144

Height: 5'5

Quote:
We are the same height, not sure about age, but I also have 145 as my goal, which is midway on the "ideal weight for height" scale, so that is how I came up with that number. But I also agree that more than what the scale says will be how I look and feel, as the body shape changes with IP (really lose those fat stores). It also depends on if you build muscle through exercise along the way - as muscle is going to be heavier than fat so if you are a 'muscular' person, you will naturally weigh more than another who looks to be the same size as you.

And what is the Dukan calculator?
Old 09-10-2013, 09:57 AM   #6  
sugar is the devil

Going for WI #4 today! Has almost been a full month since I started
Old 09-10-2013, 10:19 AM   #7  
On plan since June 23/13

S/C/G: 197/153/150

Height: 5'3"

Can anyone on alternatives tell me if the Quest coconut cashew bars are restricted or unrestricted?
Old 09-10-2013, 10:29 AM   #8  
Started IP 8/12/13

S/C/G: 226/183.6/150

Height: 5'1''

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxxy View Post
Can anyone on alternatives tell me if the Quest coconut cashew bars are restricted or unrestricted?
happened to have this open on my desktop

unrestricted (better if 80-120)
- under 160 calories
- less than 30% calories from fat (multiply “calories from fat” by 3; if lower than the total calories product is fine)
- 8g or less NET carbs (NET =total carbs minus fiber)
- above 17g net carbs is too high to be good for Phase 1
- at least 12-15g protein

Restricted – only once a day!
- under 200 calories
- 9g-16g net carbs - restricted

Super restricted (only twice per week)
- under 200 calories
- 17g net carbs
Old 09-10-2013, 11:00 AM   #9  
Started IP 6-5-13

S/C/G: 211.4/154.0/155

Height: 5'7 and a half!

Quote:
I picked a range of 150- 160 with my coach and put 155 on here as my goal. Dukan says 159 which I hit this morning!!!!!!!!! (Ok 159.6 but the first two numbers are right lol.) I have a specific timeframe I am working with and have to start phasing off on Sept 22. I am hoping to make 155 but if not I have been happy with how I look in clothes for about 10 pounds now.

I can't exercise much without stalling my weight loss so I will increase my exercise and work on toning up when I start P2. In January I plan to do a 2 week reboot as Dr. Trahn suggests and plan to do that annually, if I think I need to lose another 5-10 pounds I might stay P1 long enough to get those off too. I will have to go alternative in Jan because I can't afford IP foods when my hubby is not deployed!

I took 50lbs off pictures on Sunday but can't remember my passwords to photobucket or flikr! I will post them in the before and after thread as soon as I do.
Old 09-10-2013, 11:29 AM   #10  
support, not criticism

S/C/G: 219/187.6/140

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetScrumptious View Post
Going for WI #4 today! Has almost been a full month since I started
Good luck. It has been almost a month for me too. Very happy with my progress so far.
Old 09-10-2013, 11:58 AM   #11  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxxy View Post
Neither.
The Quest Coconut Cashew bars don't fit the IP profile (or maybe you could call them Super-restricted and limit to once/week). They have too much fat. Take fat calories (60) multiply by 3 (no more than 1/3 calories from fat) and you can see that there are too many calories from fat in this bar. You'd want no more than 56 calories from fat to be less than 1/3
The other Quest Bars that don't work (based on fat content) or would be Super Restricted:
Vanilla Almond Crunch,
Mixed Berry Bliss,
Peanut Butter Supreme,
Peanut Butter & Jelly,
White Chocolate Raspberry,
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough

All of the other Quest bars would be restricted. There are two that fall right on the edge (Choc Peanut butter & Strawberry Cheesecake). Fat cals are under 1/3 (but not way under) and they both have 8 g carbs. I'd still call them restricted.

Quote:
I've played with my goal weight up/down 5 lbs & decided to leave it alone for now. I picked "barely in normal BMI" for my first goal.
I'd suggest leaving it be until you are "there" and then deciding based on how you look & feel. I bet the Dukan calculator is more accurate. We definitely want to get to a weight that is maintainable!

Last edited by lisa32989; 09-10-2013 at 11:59 AM.
Old 09-10-2013, 12:02 PM   #12  
support, not criticism

S/C/G: 219/187.6/140

Height: 5'4"

I just tried the Dukan Calculator and it says my goal weight should be 145, so slightly higher than my actual goal weight. Interesting - something to keep in mind. I think I'll keep my goal weight for now and perhaps adjust as I get closer.
Old 09-10-2013, 12:14 PM   #13  

Thanks everyone for your input. Maybe my goal weight needs to be a little higher but I think I will take Lisa's advice for now and wait till I get there to decide. It is so hard to know what is "healthy" when you have been LARGE your whole life. I am so excited because I can wear a 14, years ago I would have stopped at this point. It is a entire new way to think and see myself.
Old 09-10-2013, 12:20 PM   #14  

Quote:
Originally Posted by slownsteady View Post
We are the same height, not sure about age, but I also have 145 as my goal, which is midway on the "ideal weight for height" scale, so that is how I came up with that number. But I also agree that more than what the scale says will be how I look and feel, as the body shape changes with IP (really lose those fat stores). It also depends on if you build muscle through exercise along the way - as muscle is going to be heavier than fat so if you are a 'muscular' person, you will naturally weigh more than another who looks to be the same size as you.

And what is the Dukan calculator?
I am 41, pains me to write that, lol!!!
The dukan calculator is a way for people on his diet to find their goal weight. Google it, it's worth looking at. It takes in lots of factors to decide your goal weight.
Old 09-10-2013, 12:22 PM   #15  

Quote:
Thanks everyone for your input. Maybe my goal weight needs to be a little higher but I think I will take Lisa's advice for now and wait till I get there to decide. It is so hard to know what is "healthy" when you have been LARGE your whole life. I am so excited because I can wear a 14, years ago I would have stopped at this point. It is a entire new way to think and see myself.
Girl, I am THERE with you!
(except, add about 9 more years...)

Last edited by lisa32989; 09-10-2013 at 12:23 PM.
Closed Thread