Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 11-05-2003, 06:05 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 160/158/125

Height: 5'4"

Default Stay At Home Mom's #98

Welcome to a thread full of laughter and support as we try to maintain a household, raise a family and lose weight. Feel free to join right in, all newcomers are welcomed and regular posters too. Hope to see you posting often! Have a great OP day!!
Old 11-05-2003, 06:24 PM   #2  

Good evening gals! All you newer gals, it seems to work out better for some of us to start a new thread when we get to 3 pages. My computer takes forever to load when the site gets so many posts too. So just in case you were wondering
Well... its flooded here I'm doing my best to just sit right now so I don't start any labor. Right now if I did go into labor the only way out is if they landed a helicoter in my field. It's happened before, a hunter fell out of a tree stand a few years ago and there was to much snow on to get a vehicle back here so they care flighted him out. I'm trying to be positive Dh is still at the university. He will have to hike over the moutain to get home. I'm venting....
Dd#2 has been a nightmare today. She has thrown tantrums and she ran in the bathroom this morning and slammed the door, the mirror flew off and shattered in a million pieces. Its a complete work of God that she didn't get a scratch on her. I'll be glad to put her to bed tonight.
with all the excitment I still haven't gotten our bags packed for the hospital. Well I have to get the kids in the tub. Hope you all are having a nice evening.
Old 11-05-2003, 06:29 PM   #3  
I'm a Jovi Girl

S/C/G: 225/169.5/140

Michelle - you have had it rough today!!! I hope this finds you feeling a bit better!

I thought I would check in... I am waiting to hear from my OB/GYN. I finally got a call from the nurse who asked me a million quetions and then had to go back to the doctor.... I am feeling crummy and very very crampy. DH is on homework duty tonight because I am so exhausted. Although I did go to the gym this morning! And very proud that I did!

Having TOM 3 times in less than a month is wiping me out!
Old 11-05-2003, 08:29 PM   #4  
burned out bus driver

Hi!

Spryng- gee that is awful about FIl~ and Dh must be devastated too. I will keep both of you in prayer. As far as MIL goes, she sounds an awful lot like my MIL. Anytime she is not the center of attention, she can't handle it at all. How did the diet coke chicken turn out?

Sandy- good that you did not get a black and blue eye.

Michele- thanks for starting a new thread. Congrats on dilating!!!!!!! Sounds like Baylor will be making his appearance soon! I hope that Dd #2 has settled down a bit. Is she apprehensive about the impending birth of her brother????

Karen- you poor thing- TOM 3 times in a month!!!! Did the Dr ever call you back? (are you taking vitamins? I sure hope so).

The weather was crummy here, so my afternoon went so slowly.
Thanks to all of you for sympathy with regards to Dd. She was a bit less agitated this evening. It does look as though I will be visiting a school with her this weekend, and some sanity has settled back in to her -well a small amount. She is now asking how far each school is from home (about a week ago she did not care, and while she might have a bellache with me or Dh she will sorely miss her little sister if she goes too far away). So, maybe she is slowly turning a corner here.
Gotta go!!!! Spryng I will continue to pray for your family crisis.
Take care.
Ginny
Old 11-05-2003, 10:25 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 178/see ticker/113

Height: 5'3

Good evening all!
The diet coke chicken turned out great! very tasty and easy to make. Would you like the recipe? I'll post it if anyone is interested.
Karen, I hope the doctor got back with you and things get better. Are you having alot of pain again with TOM?
Misty, I'm sending you "NO LABOR" vibes until that flood clears up . That would make me nervous too. How long does it usually take for the water to subside? Hope that your dd got better as the night went on. But I feel for you. I have those days where I count the minutes until bed time just for some peace and quiet. My ds has been a little better today but still a handful. Maybe it's just the boy in him?? I'm hoping he outgrows it.
Well my day has went fine. I haven't heard anymore on FIL. Still waiting. But no news means no bad news so that is good. I'll settle for that right now.
Well I need to call DH and get in bed. Hope everyone has a great night and I'll chat with you all tomorrow! G'nite!
Old 11-05-2003, 10:58 PM   #6  

I'm just about to go to bed. Just thought I'd check in and see how Spryng was with the FIL. Glad your chicken turned out well. I'd like to see the recipe.

Ginny I'm glad some sanity is settling back in. I'll keep you and your Dd in my prayers also.

Karen I do hope you will be feeling better soon. I can't imagine how draining it must be. I'll keep you in my prayers too hon.

Dh made it home tonight. Gosh I was glad to see him. He said the water was scarey it was so high. But we've seen much worse. It has finally stoped raining. Usually it takes about a day and a half for the water to come down. But Dh will be home on the farm all day tomorrow. That relieves alot of my stress.
As for Dd, she turned back into her natural kissy faced self soon as her daddy came in the door. So frustrating that she can just switch like that. But I was glad the reign of terror was over. We ate dinner and spent the rest of the evening putting together wood puzzles and legos.
I'm having tons of pressure and pains tonight. Its unusual too because I really took it easy today. So if I slip away for a few days you will know why. Just keep us in your prayers for a safe trip to the hospital and a speedy painless delivery Nighters gals!
Old 11-06-2003, 12:20 AM   #7  
Domestic Engineer

Good luck Michele! Hope baby Baylend (? sorry if that isn't right) makes his appearance soon. Hope the water goes down fast too!

Karen you poor thing! That is just SO not fair- once is bad enough, imo. Hope you are feeling better!

Spryng- any word on your FIL? I am so sorry you are going through this and the issues with how MIL is acting as well! How stressful. How did you do your chicken? We just had shredded bbq chicken sandwiches on buns tonight. The sauce was pre-made and really good tangy bbq- not so hickory or whatever. I really liked it.

Ginny- glad your dd is settling down a bit. It is a stressful time of life- hope you guys have a fun trip this weekend!

I spent the morning with my ds at his kingergarten- it was a hoot. It was my "observation day and parent- teacher interview day" He's doing really well and loving school. Tonight I had a baby shower to attend and a Mary Kay party. Both were fun and I only had a tiny piece of apple crisp

Hope all you have a great night. I'm off to bed
Old 11-06-2003, 09:11 AM   #8  

Good morning all!
Well I did get some news on FIL this morning finally. Looks like they'll be doing the surgery sometime today. So I guess that test they ran yesterday showed he'd be able to withstand the surgery. I'm so glad. I'll be waiting all day to hear how it goes. But I feel much better about it all. If they can do the surgery then his chances of recovering and living a normal life again is much better. I'm so happy and I thank you all again for your thoughts and prayers.
Misty... still feeling all that pressure? I hope you have a quick (well not too quick, you need time to get to the hospital ) and easy delivery. And glad that dd got better once DH came home. Kids are strange creatures sometimes, lol.
Emily sounds like your day went well yesterday. And I will post that recipe after I get done with this post.
Well I have nothing planned today. I need to do some laundry but I'm just not motivated. Maybe I will be later. I'm looking forward to my WI saturday though, I peeked at the scale on tuesday and it was a nice suprise so I'm anxiously awaiting my official WI!!
Well, guess I'll get off here and get my day going. I hope we all have a great day! TTYL!
Old 11-06-2003, 09:15 AM   #9  

Diet Coke Chicken
4 skinless boneless chicken breasts
1 can of diet coke
1 cup ketchup
1 T cornstarch

brown chicken breasts on both sides in large skillet. Mix diet coke and ketchup together then add mix to chicken in skillet. Simmer 20 min. remove chicken and add cornstarch to thicken on high heat.
Serve over rice or pasta.

Pts equal the number of ounces in your piece of chicken. Add points for the rice or pasta. and that is it! Very easy and was very tasty. Serves 4.
Old 11-06-2003, 10:28 AM   #10  
I'm a Jovi Girl

S/C/G: 225/169.5/140

Hi Gang -

Just a quick report, I talked to the nurse practitioner last night.. she wants the doctor to review my chart and symptoms. They are a little concerned with the fact I just had surgery 3 months ago... so since he was out I have to wait until today. Ginny I am taking vitamins, and although I dont think I am anemic or anything, I am a little more tired than normal. I do have lots and LOTS of cramping not a whole lot of Pain per say, but my lower back is very sore.

The gym seems to help with the cramps for a couple of hours afterwards.. but then it all comes back again...

I will check in later.. gotta get the kiddos to school then off to the gym.
Old 11-06-2003, 10:34 AM   #11  

Karen I hope you hear something soon. What do you think they can do about it? I hope you get some real relief. And enjoy your time at the gym today. I have a question about your signiture. How do you get the colors??? Your stats are looking so good. Keep up the good work.
Well, I'm still moping around the house. I'm making meatloaf for dinner tonight. I like to make it at least once a week because I love to make sandwiches out of the leftovers! But I really prefer it with lean ground beef instead of the chicken or turkey. My kids love it and so do I. Plus it's so easy to make. Love that!
Ok, getting off here. Have a great day all!
Old 11-06-2003, 12:42 PM   #12  

Hi girls!! I might have to cut this short. Dh is home today and we've had a minor crisis here on the farm... not to worry we all are fine. We had to pur a hog down and are scrambling to find away to smoke and prepare her. I had to sit down for a bit tho. I've still got all this pressure and some shooting pains in my legs but no contractions.

Spryng ty for the recipe. It sounds really good. I might give it a try next week. Oh and I'll say a special prayer today for your FIL that his surgery is a success. Is your DH able to be there with him or is he on the road?

Well girls I'm being called out. Hope you all are having a nice day. I'll be back later.... I'm thinking about you Ginny, Karen and Emily
Old 11-06-2003, 01:06 PM   #13  
soontobethin

hello
Spryng, your FIL is in my prayers. My grandfather had a quad bybass 6 yrs ago. I know how hard it can be on the family. Misty, I hope you have that baby soon. I am still here, just having some computer problems. I will check back later, hopefully can post a longer message.
Old 11-06-2003, 02:39 PM   #14  

Hi! It's me again! lol.
Misty, you can always pack that pig up and send it to me!! JK. It's been a long time since I've had fresh pork. But I remember how good it was. Take it easy though. No need to feel terrible when it isn't labor. And no, DH can't be with FIL today. He's stuck in Ohio. But I'm sure he is checking in with him and the hospital constantly. But if something bad happened his company would get him home. They are a very family oriented company.
Ricci, I look forward to a longer post from you! Hope your computer acts better.
Ok so half the day is gone and I have nothing to show for it. I did find some great pork chop recipes I want to try (getting tired of chicken constantly, need a change) and I wrote out my grocery list. So I guess that is something. But laundry still calls out to me and dishes are piling up. I just don't feel up to anything right now. I think I will steal a nap and hopefully feel peppier afterwards. Hope everyone's day is going well!!! TTYL!
Old 11-06-2003, 03:08 PM   #15  
Domestic Engineer

Spryng- to get color- you need to click on "post reply" instead of the quick reply..for signatures I suppose you just need to know the codes... (edited to say it wouldn't let me put the codes in...but you can see them if you post with color)

I am so tired! I have been behind on sleep all week and have low-energy so not a lot is getting done this week

I need to get some stuff done while the baby is asleep and get off of here...

BBL!
Closed Thread