Old 09-03-2013, 10:20 PM   #1  
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

Smile Christian Encouragers ~ SEPTEMBER 2013

--------------------------------------

Welcome Friends
--------------------------------------

You've found a great place to come and vent, share or ask for prayer support.
This is a great group who will be very encouraging, caring and loving....
....anyone is welcome to join!

A Servant's Prayer --

Jesus, My Jesus....How marvelous are your ways....
Far more splendid than my mind can envision.
What an honor to be chosen by you.
A lowly child I am, but empowered by the Holy Spirit
to fulfill the great hope to which you have called me.
I give myself totally to you, Lord.
Take my imperfect heart and make it perfect.
Peel away the hardness.
Close the doors I have opened to the temptations of this world.
Gently remove the roots of painful memories, sins, doubts and fears.
Discard anything that separates me from you.
Lord, fill the emptiness with the light of your love that I might be a
beacon calling the lost back to you.

To love as you love.....
To serve as you serve.....
To forgive as you forgive.....
Always mindful of my nothingness while doing great
and marvelous things in your name and for your glory.
This I pray, Jesus, in YOUR name ...
Amen.

================================================== =================

Shoot -- I just realized that we are well into September now (day 3); time for a new September thread. I guess fall is here everyone; the days are cooler but nice too. We had for a few days and finally some very welcome with warmer temps today.

HAVE A SUPER SEPTEMBER EVERYONE ...

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 09-03-2013 at 10:22 PM.
Justwant2Bhealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 10:25 PM   #2  
Rosebud

I just realized we are into day 3 of September, so I started this new thread and copied today's post into this thread too ...

CC -- congrats to you and your DH on your losses; that is fabulous!!!

We finally got a break from all the today but I had lots to do indoors today. Maybe tomorrow I can do a bit of grass-cutting; we'll see if the weather is good and I have time. Hope so. Eating is going well; and I did some awesome walking, esp today with the beautiful weather -- went to the lake for awhile and then around a large loop and back home (really had to push myself but I made it).

Have an assessment worker coming tomorrow, so will go to bed earlier tonight; besides my feet are hurting a bit anyways.

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 09-03-2013 at 10:27 PM.
Old 09-04-2013, 02:50 PM   #3  
I am more than weight.

S/C/G: Starting Weight:260/150

Height: 5'3"

Default More Meds!

Got a phone call from my doctor yestersay, they are putting me on an evening dose of Metformin, my blood glucose is not way off but it is higher than it should be, hopefully with the weight coming off this will be a temporary thing. Have a blessed day. Tammy
TamTam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 03:22 PM   #4  
wishin' for sun!

S/C/G: 260/see slider/135

Height: 5'1"

Hello, everyone! I've been soooo busy the last couple weeks, so I didn't have time to get on here, but I've been praying for everyone. I get the e-mail updates on the threads so I knew what to pray for.

It's been quite a couple weeks...garden in producing like you wouldn't believe and I've been freezing my tomato/vegetable puree, plus, I have tons of green beans! Wondering if anyone here has tried freezing green beans? I've always canned them, but the last few years, we didn't have enough to bother with that, so my canner hasn't been used in quite a while and I need to have the pressure gauge checked, so I was just wondering if freezing the beans makes them taste funny?

I also need to freeze some of the summer squash, because there's just tooooo much for me to eat by myself and I've been giving it to anyone who'll take some-lol!

I spent several days getting stuff together for a yard sale at my mom's this past weekend and we got rid of a bunch of stuff! Made about $185, which is really good for this area, and then took all the remaining items to a local charity. And....I got rid of ALL my fat clothes! Not keeping them around & not going back there ever again!! Now, I'm realizing that I'm going to need some warm shirts for winter, plus a coat, but I'm waiting for now, because I bought some items early in the spring for summer & they were too big by June, which is a but also a because I don't have THAT much money to buy clothes

DS3 had his first season football game and they won, plus he got quite a bit of play time. Then, I won the raffle for the football that all the players signed for raffling off to raise money! I've bought those raffle tickets every home game for 5 years and this is the first thing I've won! Hoping it's a sign of a good season ahead

Well, I'm just rattling on and on, so I should go get something more accomplished. Tomatoes are cooking right now for freezing, so must go check on that. Take care & have a blessed day!
ronni62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 09:23 PM   #5  
Rosebud

RONNI -- I have successfully frozen green and yellow beans for years. I don't even blanch them; I just wash them in lukewarm water, then pat them dry in a clean tea towel. Then I put them in those blue freezer bags and freeze them. I haven't noticed any difference in the flavor at all.

As for zucchini/summer squash -- I used to cut it up into small cubes to put into sauces and soups; and put them into small plastic containers in the freezer.

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 09-04-2013 at 09:26 PM.
Old 09-07-2013, 09:07 AM   #6  
I am more than weight.

S/C/G: Starting Weight:260/150

Height: 5'3"

Hubby and I are each down 1.5 lbs. this week!!! So very excited. Have a blessed day all!
TamTam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 10:38 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatholicCajun View Post
Hubby and I are each down 1.5 lbs. this week!!! So very excited. Have a blessed day all!
Congratulations, you are doing great.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 07:11 PM   #8  
Rosebud

Well, my first week of September has gone well eating-wise, and my walks have been superb. I bought a new battery-operated lawnmower and it works great. I used some savings and paid cash while it was on sale. We met a lady that let us try hers last week and were blessed that they had one left in stock. It is so easy to use; no gas or oil; and no breaking your arm or straining your back & shoulder trying to pull the cord. It is just push button start -- so great.

We decided to go this route becuz our gas one refused to start for us again; and that was just too frustrating. Here we were paying out to get someone else to use our mower and now have to send it out to be repaired again and the warranty is over. To me, it was better to buy one we can actually handle easily ourselves; and put that money into it instead. This one has a 4 year warranty on the mower itself (2 more years than the other one); and 2 years on the batteries (replacement).

I think it will pay for itself in one summer. I have cut twice with it already; finishing off the yard early this am before it rained on us. Plus I can use this one more often; we used to use the other one less becuz it was so hard to start and kept quitting on us at least twice every time we used it (and you would have to wait to use it again). So I pray that our investment lasts as long as they say. The store says that they have never had one returned yet, so that is very good news.

MORE GOOD NEWS: we had some work done on the house and got a good price for that as well; PRZ GOD -- another blessing for us. AND, the Red Cross nurse came and she was lovely; we actually knew her and she did a great job (and DH liked her too and that is always good).

However, our furnace guy says that we need to get a new furnace and hot water tank in this year becuz of new regulations and codes. I kinda expected this but had hoped that we would have a few years to save up most of the cost. I have been comparing costs of furnaces this afternoon, and his price for them both and installation is fair. He is a long-time acquaintance of DH's and has guaranteed his quote as well. That is supposed to be done in two weeks; so we pray that goes well. We will pull in our belts to get that paid off asap. One big positive is that it will bring up the value of our place too.

Hope you are all having a good week too ...

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 09-07-2013 at 07:13 PM.
Old 09-09-2013, 09:55 PM   #9  
Rosebud

WELL, the furnace guys decided to come early -- today, in fact. Surprise, Surprise! The furnace is almost done and they'll work on the hot water tank tomorrow. WE had another lovely surprise tonight -- MY DAD & Stepmother, GRACE are here for a visit. It was so nice to see them. The long ride was a little rough on them both, but they made it; and they both look really good.

My DAD looks great; a little thinner but still healthy looking yet. His surgery was cancelled (it was the 13th) and postponed until the 27th of this month so they decided to come up and see us all before that. I was so glad to see them; THANKS FOR YOUR PRAYERS EVERYONE!!!

Our day was busy but good; THANK YOU, GOD!
Old 09-09-2013, 10:04 PM   #10  
My own kind of beautiful

S/C/G: 334/245/175

Height: 5'5"

Glad to see this page!
In all seriousness though, a little rant... My best friend is getting married in January, and I am her MOH.... She keeps bugging me to order my dress, and has offered to come do the measurements for me, but I dont know how to tell her that I am going on a diet, and will not be the same size by the time her wedding comes around.. Im in such a dilemma because I dont even know what to do about it, even if she does know about it.... Any ideas?
Deana509 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 10:24 PM   #11  
Rosebud

DEANA -- you know, January is not really that far away (only four months) so I would go ahead with the fitting. At most, you may have to do a little nip & tuck just the week before the wedding. So I wouldn't worry about mentioning the diet thing at all (unless you want to mention it). Does that help?

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 09-09-2013 at 10:26 PM.
Old 09-09-2013, 10:38 PM   #12  
My own kind of beautiful

S/C/G: 334/245/175

Height: 5'5"

Well, the only problem is that Im doing the Ideal Protein Diet, and from what I have been told is that I will lose probrobably at least a size by january, so Im just worried the dress wont fit and we'll be stuck.... but I am probably just going to try to conince her to choose an A Line dress so it is easy to alter...
Deana509 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 12:34 AM   #13  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deana509 View Post
Glad to see this page!
In all seriousness though, a little rant... My best friend is getting married in January, and I am her MOH.... She keeps bugging me to order my dress, and has offered to come do the measurements for me, but I dont know how to tell her that I am going on a diet, and will not be the same size by the time her wedding comes around.. Im in such a dilemma because I dont even know what to do about it, even if she does know about it.... Any ideas?
Why not tell her the truth ?
Old 09-11-2013, 12:38 PM   #14  

Default A hello **wave** to all

:Hi I am new here and have never used a support forum like this before. I am a Christian (catholic) woman and think I could find some comfort and support here on this site.
I have just joined WW (again) UGH and am looking forward to hopefully loosing weight and feeling better.

Hope you all have a great day !
triumph100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 02:26 PM   #15  

Quote:
Originally Posted by triumph100 View Post
:Hi I am new here and have never used a support forum like this before. I am a Christian (catholic) woman and think I could find some comfort and support here on this site.
I have just joined WW (again) UGH and am looking forward to hopefully loosing weight and feeling better.

Hope you all have a great day !
Welcome and good luck !