Food Talk And Fabulous Finds Recipes, Healthy Cooking, and General Food Topics

Closed Thread

Old 11-06-2003, 08:54 AM   #1  

Question Has anyone every tried Whey Low

Hi,

I am new and have never posted before. I am changing my eating habits to a low-fat, low-sugar diet. I have tried sugar substitutes and like some of them, especially Splenda. However, my husband and 2 children (6 & 4) generally don't care for it and I end up wasting a lot.
I found a new sugar substitute called whey low. I have liked it so far. I was wondering if anyone else has tried it. I think it has 1/4 of calories of sugar and supposed to have 75% to 80% less insulin response.
The one drawback is it is expensive compared to sugar. I would like to use it for everything, but will probably limit it due to the price.
It is like Splenda as far as replacing sugar in recipes. I have only baked once with it so far. I made a low-fat fudge pudding cake using all whey low instead if sugar. It turned out very good!
I also use it in my oatmeal because they also make it a brown sugar substitute form and also powdered sugar--which I have not tried yet.
I see that there is no advertising allowed. Does this mean that I should not be saying this? I am in no way connected with them. I just am excited about this and hope someone has tried it; but I really wondered if anyone else has mentioned it. It could help those with insulin resistance and also those like myself who are trying to cut calories and limit sugar.
Again, I wish it was cheaper, but if it helps me to lose weight than I guess it would be worth it later.
I'm going to keep trying it; I have not used it for long so this is only a first impression. I'm going to try it in a pumpkin pie recipe next.
I hope this is helpful and maybe some of you who have used this can give me more ideas.

P.S. my username is Jumper because I recently started rebounding ( mini-trampoline) for my exercise.
Old 11-06-2003, 09:18 AM   #2  

Jumper, I haven't tried the Whey Low, but wanted to say welcome and thanks for the great info.

I've used rebounding for exercise too. I love it! It's fun and a nice change of pace. I still do it sometimes at night when I'm watching TV.
Old 11-06-2003, 01:18 PM   #3  

mthrgoos68, Thanks for the welcome. I came across it by accident doing a google search. I don't think it is sold in stores. For any interested, just type in "whey low" in a google search and you should get their website. It might even be www.wheylow.com but I'm not sure at the moment.

Also, how did you lose all the weight. Were you following a certain plan? I'd love to hear your story. It certainly motivated me when I saw your stats. I'd like to lose 50 lbs.
Closed Thread