Old 09-05-2013, 04:15 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 310/288/235

Height: 5'9"

Default Personal Trainer fears

I have a customer at my office who is a personal trainer and is opening his own studio right behind us.
He has invited me and the other girl at work to come check it out and work out with him sometime and I was all excited about it...

Until he left and the reality set it. I'm terrified to go and look bad and I'm embarrassed to be so big and out of shape.

Does anyone have this issue? I love the idea of a trainer but I'm terrified I guess for someone to see just how bad I am.
mhill0823 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 05:25 PM   #2  
Lifelong Alaskan!

S/C/G: 230/180/150

Height: 5'5"

i'm not comfortable working out around people that i know...but i dont mind working out around strangers....it's the weirdest thing, and i'm not sure why or what to do about it...but i agree, i'd be uncomfortable going there too if i knew the guy
alaskanlaughter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 05:51 PM   #3  
Color me CrAzY

S/C/G: 290/290/120

Height: 5'3"

I understand your fears completely. I have a hard time working out around other people, even if I don't know them which, has kept me away from the gym. If I work out, I work out at home.
Aayden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 11:26 AM   #4  

Height: 5'1

I definitely understand your fears. I joined the gym on Monday just gone. I was so scared that I would be going on the treadmill and everyone would be looking at me and judging me. In reality, I went in, everyone was doing there own thing and nobody even batted an eyelid! I now walk in and just go straight to the treadmills to start my workout. Nobody notices. So my fear of working out around others is slowly decreasing.

You know this person so I think since you know him from coming in and out of where you work, you could even explain to him to go easy on you at first! You would really like a trainer, as you said! And to be honest, if you don't get over your fear now, you will find it harder later down the line. I would advice you to go and give it a try even If you don't like it, or are too uncomfortable at least you can say you gave it a go. Just tell him about how you feel about your fitness level first.
Dreamer2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 05:20 PM   #5  
Aussie :)

S/C/G: 101.4kg/98.3kg/70kg

Height: 5'11

I completely understand where you are coming from. For a long time I didn't want to go to any gym because I was worried about people staring at me and judging me. I agree with Dreamer2012, give it a try you might end up enjoying yourself
mzshaunna is offline   Reply With Quote