Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 09-02-2013, 07:10 PM   #1  
Darlene

Default Looks like such a looooong road!

First post...first pound. (If only it were that easy!)

Hi! I'm from Georgia....truly born and bred...and my "real" name is Darlene. I'm five-oh. (Can't bear to type the actual number )

I NEED to lose 100 pounds...wow...that number looks ominous, too! But I'm going to break it down. 50 will be great to start with. 10 will be great to start with, actually.

So, I have five kids and four grandkids...a few "steps" in there, by the way....and am a homemaker, married to a very good man.

I'm looking to 3 Fat Chicks to give me some "company" along the way and to inspire me with stories of women, just like me, who were able to do the impossible.

Enough about me. I'm off to learn more about you. :wave

Last edited by GeorgiaBornNBred; 09-02-2013 at 07:13 PM.
GeorgiaBornNBred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 07:42 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 188/185/164

Height: 5'8"

Hi Darlene! You'll find lots of supportive people here to give you company along the way! Yes, take a look around--there's so much to see--and jump right in! Good luck!
Jacqui_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 07:54 PM   #3  
Cat Cuddler

S/C/G: 287/266/150

Height: 5'5"

Hi Darlene!

Welcome to 3FCs!

I have an even longer road. At my highest weight, I had about 133 lbs. to lose and I have barely gotten started. I am also about to turn 60. I am okay with being 60, just not okay with having to lose so much weight!

I am from California, have been married for 33 years and I am retired from working in corporate real estate. I am also the proud parent of 3 cats.

This is a wonderful place to meet a lot of nice people and get support. I want to wish you the very best in reaching your goals and to let you know that we are all here for you!

Last edited by doingmybest; 09-02-2013 at 07:55 PM.
doingmybest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 10:03 PM   #4  
beautiful bright soul :)

S/C/G: 296 / 171 / 150

glad to have you join us! good luck with your goals!
belovedspirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 11:31 PM   #5  
Hobbit-lass

Height: 5'2"

A lot of us have long roads ahead of us, but we can't let that get us down. The hard work will be well worth it in the end! That said, welcome!
fairandfree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 07:17 AM   #6  
Darlene

Thank you all for the wonderful welcome! Here we go!
Old 09-03-2013, 08:45 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 280/278/180

Hi Darlene
I'm glad you joined us. Your major goal may seem too far away and feel ominous right now so I think it's a good idea that you are going to break it down to maybe 10 lbs at a time. If you create mini goals to aim for along the way and work on one mini goal at a time, It won't seem like such a long road ahead of you. I'm wishing you all the best on your journey!
Only Believe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 01:51 PM   #8  
Darlene

Thank you, Only Believe! I appreciate that. Your own progress there is very encouraging to me.
Old 09-05-2013, 02:54 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 323/Weight Tracker/150

Height: 5'6"

Hi Darlene and welcome to the community! We're a pretty supportive community, and very open to helping others along the way.

Your main goal seems so far away at the moment, but one pound at a time. One day at a time and before you know it you'll be at your goal weight.

I have quite a ways to go myself, but have set up a lot of mini-goals. Trust me when I say, it is a bit overwhelming when you sit back and look at how much you have to lose. I have 150.7 pounds to lose, so yes. Long road.

Last edited by ShyHeather; 09-05-2013 at 02:57 PM.
ShyHeather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 03:55 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 224/see ticker/142

Height: 5'2"

Darlene!

You are in great company!
MrsKevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 04:03 PM   #11  
Trying to be in the 160s

S/C/G: See my siggy ;)

Welcome. I did it and am still going. This place has made the whole journey a lot of fun!!!!

It has been a long road but more like a mountain drive than an interstate.

Last edited by IanG; 09-05-2013 at 04:05 PM.
IanG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 04:13 PM   #12  
Tai

S/C/G: 272/111/Maintaining

Height: 5'4"

A warm welcome to you Darlene!

I think your idea to break down the weight loss into smaller increments is great. That's what I did and it helped so much. Otherwise it tends to be kind of overwhelming.

We are glad you've joined us, keep posting so we can cheer you on!
Tai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 08:21 PM   #13  
Aussie :)

S/C/G: 101.4kg/98.3kg/70kg

Height: 5'11

Welcome to the forums Darlene
mzshaunna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 01:39 PM   #14  
|| Casey ||

S/C/G: 297/ticker/145

Height: 5'7.5"

Welcome, Darlene!

I'm in Georgia right now too, although I'm originally from the West Coast. My husband is from Northern Georgia, though, if that counts. Haha. Anyways, nice to meet you! I think you'll love 3FC...this whole group is super supportive and full of great advice. Also, I just have to take a second to say that I clicked on your profile, and I saw that our cats could be twins! Almost to the T...I felt like I was looking at a picture of my Ophelia, lol.
opheliaphoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 05:11 PM   #15  
Darlene

Quote:
Originally Posted by opheliaphoenix View Post
Welcome, Darlene!

I'm in Georgia right now too, although I'm originally from the West Coast. My husband is from Northern Georgia, though, if that counts. Haha. Anyways, nice to meet you! I think you'll love 3FC...this whole group is super supportive and full of great advice. Also, I just have to take a second to say that I clicked on your profile, and I saw that our cats could be twins! Almost to the T...I felt like I was looking at a picture of my Ophelia, lol.
Thanks to all of you for the warm welcome! It's encouraging and a bit less lonely!

Ophelia's mom...my baby's from the pound but looks to have a lot of Maine Coon in him. But he's not as big as a MC....only about 11 pounds and change. He turned 14 in April and is in GREAT shape for an old man!

Where are you in South GA? My father's family is from Miller County....Colquitt, to be exact. Still have lots there but I don't know them. You guys have had more than your share of rain this year, haven't you?