Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 09-04-2013, 07:10 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 375/261/165

Height: 6ft

Smile Aloha chicks!

How is everyone's day going so far? Good I hope!

My name is Sara and im 29 years old. I'm happily married and have a 5 year old son who I adore. I have been trying to get a more healthier lifestyle and just be more active!

Since 5th grade when I switched schools i have been overweight, I gained the most significant wait when I was 17 and I was raped. I didn't want anyone to even look at me.

This year i've lost over 100lbs, but I have a long ways to go. I look forward to getting to know each and every one of you better.
girlsgoneactive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 08:12 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 188/185/164

Height: 5'8"

Hi Sara! Oh my gosh, I am very sorry for what happened to you at 17. It's no wonder you gained weight so no one would look at you. I'm so glad you are in a healthy place now and have a wonderful life with your spouse and child! Congrats on losing over 100 lbs! Good for you! You'll find lots of supportive people here to help you along the rest of the way. Good luck!
Jacqui_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 09:23 PM   #3  
beautiful bright soul :)

S/C/G: 296 / 171 / 150

Sara! Glad to have you join us! Congratulations on your weight loss thus far! I can understand wanting to feel invisible to feel safe -- I think it's something that happens all too often.
Best of luck with the rest of your weight loss goals! You can do this!!

Last edited by belovedspirit; 09-04-2013 at 09:25 PM.
belovedspirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 12:20 PM   #4  

Location: Anchorage AK in the summer, Lawrence KS and travel in the winter

S/C/G: High 285+ 256/ticker/160ish

Height: 5'6"

Hi Sara,

Congratulations on taking power over your life back!

I can at least in a tiny part relate to your story as my weight ballooned from normal to over 100 pounds overweight in about a year's time (in spite of a desperate stretch of bulimia to keep my weight in check) after being sexually harassed, stalked and threatened by my trainer at work.

It's only in recent years that I can even share this. I told my sister (the first and only one in my family because my family is not the most understanding bunch on the planet) 4 months ago. Ironically that was right before I was able to let my eating "as using" go as I was able to take the walls around that experience down.

If you ever need to talk about something that you aren't comfortable sharing across the wide group, when you are able to private message, feel free. These kinds of stories tend to just lay there, crickets chirping because it's a very uncomfortable subject and no one that hasn't been there at least in some small way knows what to say.

I'm in your corner rooting for you.
vintagecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 01:06 PM   #5  
Aloha nui loa

Height: 6'0

Welcome
MauiKai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 02:40 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 323/Weight Tracker/150

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by girlsgoneactive View Post
How is everyone's day going so far? Good I hope!

My name is Sara and im 29 years old. I'm happily married and have a 5 year old son who I adore. I have been trying to get a more healthier lifestyle and just be more active!

Since 5th grade when I switched schools i have been overweight, I gained the most significant wait when I was 17 and I was raped. I didn't want anyone to even look at me.

This year i've lost over 100lbs, but I have a long ways to go. I look forward to getting to know each and every one of you better.

Welcome Sara!! This is a great place for anyone looking for support and advice on a healthier lifestyle. Also, congratulations on all ready losing over 100 pounds!! That is AMAZING!

Last edited by ShyHeather; 09-05-2013 at 02:41 PM.
ShyHeather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 08:21 PM   #7  
Aussie :)

S/C/G: 101.4kg/98.3kg/70kg

Height: 5'11

*huge hugs* I'm so sorry for what happened to you. Welcome to the forums and good luck with your journey
mzshaunna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 04:32 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 375/261/165

Height: 6ft

wow I feel so loved and welcomed here. Thank you all for your support!
girlsgoneactive is offline   Reply With Quote