Old 07-29-2013, 11:19 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 270/260s/120

Height: 5'1"

Default Can someone as heavy as me do the Shred?

Hi all. There's a thread running in the 'Fitness' subforum and I thought of posting my question there but then thought it might get lost among the replies and maybe somebody else can benefit from the replies I receive.

I'm 5'1 and last I checked a week ago, weigh 275 lbs. I look at all the amazing results people achieve by doing this video but I know it's not possible unless you really put your entire effort into it.

I'd really like to give this a try but I'm afraid of hurting myself. I'm wondering if anybody has done this video while being as heavy as me and still being able to do it without pain (knee pain etc, not muscle soreness). I'm 28, if age matters. And no other limitations, other than having zero endurance.
LadyPetite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 01:02 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 198/155/140

Height: 5'9"

The first level is on youtube here.... also some of her other workouts on the right side (and other workouts from other instructors on that whole youtube channel). First level has some jumping jacks and high knees, but I think it's doable.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Pc-NizMgg8
ringmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 06:44 AM   #3  
Skinny chick

Yes, you can do it! Just modify it however works for you. When I first started doing the Shred, I did my "push-ups" standing up and using a wall. If there are moves you can't do starting out, just make sure you march in place or do something to keep moving until she goes on to the next move.

You'll be amazed at how rapidly you get better at it, too!
Good luck!
NCchickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 01:21 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 270/260s/120

Height: 5'1"

Thank you ringmaster and ncchickie. I'll follow along with the video and just listen to my body and modify.
LadyPetite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 03:48 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 323/Weight Tracker/150

Height: 5'6"

I weigh 309, and started it. My knee is injured, but I just modified my jumping jacks to march in place with overhand claps.

Hard stuff, even when modified and you will sweat like no tomorrow. Good luck!
ShyHeather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 04:01 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 211/159/140

Height: 5'4"

Just do it. I was in an embarrassingly bad shape when I started and have had knee surgery. The first week was ****, but you will see results fast. I have been doing Jillian Michaels 5-6x/week for almost two years now. I love most of her DVDs and with only 30 min a day you get amazing results.
Lolo70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 02:28 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 180/180/140

Height: 5'5

Ofcourse you can do it! I did this work out maybe a year ago and I was 190 when I started the work out and I did this every day for 30 days at level 1 and then the next month for 30 days I did no more trouble zones and then after that 30 days I went back to the shred and did level 2 and so on. I ended up losing 40 pounds over a course of about 4-5 months.

Her work outs are well worth it. I have gained all my weight back since my boyfriend came back from deployment and I stopped working out lol. So, I am starting all over again and it is tough!!!

You can do it though!!!! Each time it will get easier..it will not feel like that, the first time you do it but, you will see that you can get further along each time you do it!!
katy929 is offline   Reply With Quote