Closed Thread

Old 09-04-2013, 05:49 AM   #1  

Arrow IP Daily Chat Wednesday 9/4/2013

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on plan

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page (top of forum, above all the topics) for lots of good information and please read here before asking what might be a frequently asked question: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads,
and here are the most recent Ideal Protein Protocol sheets

And before you cheat, read this thread:
The Real Cost of Cheating on Ideal Protein

Before starting new threads: spend some time reading the forum. Most new threads are duplicates, triplicates, quadruplicates. Folks who are the most successful, make time for research/reading.

More Recipes Here Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow
MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2
Fun with Ideal Protein Packets
Fun with Veggie Purees!
Ideal Protein Diet Recipes #4
Tips and Recipes from the Incredible Weight Loss Center

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos
Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website
Old 09-04-2013, 06:12 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 156/124/125

Height: 5'4"

Good morning everyone! Ughhhh it feels like a Monday morning........ having a rough time sleeping for a few weeks. Shoulder issues, I am having xrays today. I'm afraid I might be going doing the rotator cuff path. Off to the gym , no arm machines that cause pain, work and then the grocery store.

Strength to all to stay OP.
Old 09-04-2013, 08:42 AM   #3  
Third time's the charm!

S/C/G: 254.8/Ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

Good morning all!! Had my week 8 (minus one day) weigh-in and down another 2.4lbs! Also did my measurements and I am down a total of 35 inches since starting! This biggest was 6 inches off my waist! No wonder my pants that I didn't fit in pre-IP are too big already! I am now in a size large top and a very baggy 16 pants!!

Hope everyone has a great rest of the week. I work until 7pm this evening then heading to Toronto to spend the night at my sisters, then London for a concert by my favorite band!

See you all in a couple days!!!

Last edited by shrinkingsusie; 09-04-2013 at 08:45 AM.
Old 09-04-2013, 09:22 AM   #4  
IP start date 8/1/2013

S/C/G: 195/138.6/130

Height: 4'10

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrinkingsusie View Post
Good morning all!! Had my week 8 (minus one day) weigh-in and down another 2.4lbs! Also did my measurements and I am down a total of 35 inches since starting! This biggest was 6 inches off my waist! No wonder my pants that I didn't fit in pre-IP are too big already! I am now in a size large top and a very baggy 16 pants!!

Hope everyone has a great rest of the week. I work until 7pm this evening then heading to Toronto to spend the night at my sisters, then London for a concert by my favorite band!

See you all in a couple days!!!
Whoo ! Way to go!
Old 09-04-2013, 09:29 AM   #5  
Started IP 4/5/2012

S/C/G: 200/190.1/140

Height: 5'7.5

Awesome congrats!!!
Old 09-04-2013, 09:47 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 289/147.8/150

Height: 5'6"

Is anybody else having this problem with 3FC?

When I refresh the page it shrinks down to halfway across the page with a bunch of white space on the right and their Twitter icon?

So frustrating!
Old 09-04-2013, 10:05 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 301/290/180

Height: 5'10

Good morning all!!

So glad to be back with my 3FC gals!! I missed you guys yesterday, but MAN!! busy busy busy day in the office trying to get back on track after the long holiday weekend and, of course, all the big bosses were here!

But I stayed on track this weekend, even through having a bit of a weird allergy/sinus/cold thing. UGH!!

I was so happy to see soo many new pictures of everyone!! Looks like everyone is doing amazing!!!

Hope everyone has a less crazy/hectic/busy day than I have planned, but I'm loving it! The day goes by really fast and I love getting so much accomplished!!!

I also am happy to announce that my pants are getting BIG!! This is so exciting for me!! It's been a long time since pants got too big, rather than too small!! So exciting!!! Okay, I think I've used up my exclimation point allotment for the day.

Hope everyone makes it a great one!
Old 09-04-2013, 10:09 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 173/155/143

Height: 5'6

Today is WI day. Not sure what to expect. I finally took everyone's advice and stopped getting on the scale twice a day. I didn't think I was letting that number affect me, but it really helps not to be obsessing about where I'm at each day.

I had a couple of tastes of things over the Labor Day weekend, which may have thrown me out of ketosis (not sure). But it feels like I'm still losing. Some weeks I lose inches but not pounds. It's nice when the scale validates the losses, but the scale is not to be completely trusted!

Off to have my favorite breakfast. I generally stick with IP packets the rest of the day, but for breakfast I like to buy Morningstar Farms (soy) breakfast patties at Costco and eat 2 of them with a scrambled Egg Beater. They are the equivalent of a packet (16 grams of protein for 2 of them). They are 80 calories each, 3 grams of fat and 4 carbs, which makes them unrestricted.

Last edited by 2much2do; 09-04-2013 at 10:10 AM.
Old 09-04-2013, 10:18 AM   #9  

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2much2do View Post
Off to have my favorite breakfast. I generally stick with IP packets the rest of the day, but for breakfast I like to buy Morningstar Farms (soy) breakfast patties at Costco and eat 2 of them with a scrambled Egg Beater. They are the equivalent of a packet (16 grams of protein for 2 of them). They are 80 calories each, 3 grams of fat and 4 carbs, which makes them unrestricted.
Are you on Phase 1?
I think your calculations are off

You are doing 16 g protein for 2 but then 80 cal EACH.
Instead, you should be looking at 160 cals for 2, 16 g protein, 6 net carbs, fat is under 30%.
You could have 2 of these and BARELY be in the unrestricted category, calorie/carb-wise. Once you add the egg beater, you are adding too much food for a Phase 1 meal.

You'd really be better off sticking with IP foods than making this substitution.
Old 09-04-2013, 10:21 AM   #10  

Quote:
Originally Posted by IdealProteinNewbie View Post
Is anybody else having this problem with 3FC?

When I refresh the page it shrinks down to halfway across the page with a bunch of white space on the right and their Twitter icon?

So frustrating!
Yes. It looks like some of the ads on the right are expanding like banners when they aren't supposed to be...frustrating!
I prefer to read on my ipad so I can blow it back up easily!
Old 09-04-2013, 10:25 AM   #11  
On plan since June 23/13

S/C/G: 197/153/150

Height: 5'3"

I keep checking my Ketostix and I am always negative. I've lost 27 lbs, shrunk 3 sizes but still can't figure out why it doesn't show. I know they can be misleading but I would think one of them would show a positive reading. I am toally 100% on plan, no cheats, watch my MIO and other sweeteners etc etc. I'm not sure if I am losing because of the low calorie intake or the IP plan but I guess if I am losing it doesn't really matter.

It would just make me feel better if I was showing positive for Ketosis
Old 09-04-2013, 10:29 AM   #12  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxxy View Post
I keep checking my Ketostix and I am always negative. I've lost 27 lbs, shrunk 3 sizes but still can't figure out why it doesn't show. I know they can be misleading but I would think one of them would show a positive reading. I am toally 100% on plan, no cheats, watch my MIO and other sweeteners etc etc. I'm not sure if I am losing because of the low calorie intake or the IP plan but I guess if I am losing it doesn't really matter.

Once you've been in ketosis for a while they lose their effectiveness b/c the body starts BURNING the ketones, rather than excreting them in the urine. That is why we tell people not to waste their money. If you are 100% OP, you are in ketosis.

Ketosis alone doesn't cause the weight loss anyway, but it helps because it helps with appetite. One could be on a ketogenic diet but be eating enough calories to maintain or even gain weight.
Old 09-04-2013, 10:29 AM   #13  
Started IP 6/14/2013

S/C/G: 205/195/140

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxxy View Post

ketostix lie. they expire super fast. just look at your inches lost. no worries.
Old 09-04-2013, 10:30 AM   #14  
Started IP 6/14/2013

S/C/G: 205/195/140

Height: 5'8"

scale is moving again for me! upped my water to a gallon a day again. slipped on that for a little while. made me realize how *super important* water is!
Old 09-04-2013, 10:39 AM   #15  
On plan since June 23/13

S/C/G: 197/153/150

Height: 5'3"

Thanks for the info Lisa and Floridasunshine. I am losing so I will toss the Ketostix and quit stressing. Just getting so close to my goal that I don't want to screw it up.
Closed Thread