Food Talk And Fabulous Finds Recipes, Healthy Cooking, and General Food Topics

Old 09-04-2013, 05:37 PM   #1  
Miraculous Amus Babus ;)

S/C/G: 271/217/140

Question Quick, simple and healthy meal ideas???

Hi, I am looking for some quick, simple and healthy meal ideas. I am having ankle arthroscopy surgery on Tuesday and I won't be able to bear weight on my right ankle for four to six weeks, so I would greatly appreciate some easy, quick and healthy meal ideas.

I will be having a caregiver over to help me with some things so I am hoping that they can prepare a few easy meals, then I will put some leftovers in the fridge and freezer.

A few ideas that I have which are pretty basic are:

Hot or cold cereal for breakfast maybe I'll have some orange juice, I like Trop 50, a reduced calorie OJ

Yogurt such as Dannon lite and fit or Yoplait lite with fruit for breakfast

For lunch maybe some healthy cold cuts with a tortilla and a condiment

Healthy soup for lunch or dinner

For dinner, maybe whole wheat pasta with marinara sauce

Or instead for dinner, a frozen entree such as Lean Cuisine

For healthy snacks, maybe Orville Redenbacher's Smart Pop microwave popcorn

Yogurt

Fruit

Raw carrots with hummus

Part skim mozzarella string cheese

Pretzels, low fat chips or veggie chips

This is a start but I would greatly appreciate some suggestions, advice and ideas.

Thanks!!!
seabiscuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 03:55 PM   #2  
it's always something

Good luck with your surgery! That sounds like it will be a tough recovery

I think you came up with a lot of good ideas that I'm guessing fit in with your meal plan. I like to make homemade frozen dinners, such as vegetarian chili, and freeze them for times when I can't cook. It's pretty close to your date of surgery, but do you have time to make and freeze more meals?
Suzanne 3FC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 05:43 PM   #3  
Cat Cuddler

S/C/G: 287/266/150

Height: 5'5"

We like Thomas' Bagel Thins with them"everything" topping and Philadelphia reduced fat chive and onion cream cheese.

We also like Oroweat multigrain sandwich thins with light laughing cow cheese wedges.
doingmybest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 10:03 PM   #4  
Miraculous Amus Babus ;)

Wink Thank you for the support

Hi!

Thank you so much for the support! It turns out that I am pursuing another surgeon, this doc and his staff aren't professional. His scheduler and his nurse tried to pressure and bully me into surgery.

I am still very grateful for the tips and support. I truly enjoy this forum and everyone here is so kind and supportive.

I will be getting another surgical opinion two weeks from tomorrow. Again, thank you for the support!
Old 09-10-2013, 12:33 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 133.4/123.2/115

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzanne 3FC View Post
Good luck with your surgery! That sounds like it will be a tough recovery

I think you came up with a lot of good ideas that I'm guessing fit in with your meal plan. I like to make homemade frozen dinners, such as vegetarian chili, and freeze them for times when I can't cook. It's pretty close to your date of surgery, but do you have time to make and freeze more meals?

I do the same as suzanne. You just need to make a family-sized dish/pot of any meal, put it into small tupperwares, and you have your own freezer meals.
Munchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 08:00 PM   #6  
Miraculous Amus Babus ;)

Wink

I have my surgery date reset for this Wednesday with a surgeon who I feel much more comfortable with. I have talked with the people who will help me out, I think that basic simple meals such as chicken, pasta and other things that I listed will be fine.

Thanks for the support

Amy