South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 09-04-2013, 05:04 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Default Wednesday Beach Chat 9/4

TGIW last day of my work week could not come soon enough! Doing much better this week staying OP. The weather is supposed to be gorgeous the next few days. Hope everyone gets to enjoy it!!! Wishing everyone a great day!!!
Old 09-04-2013, 06:24 AM   #2  

Here I am second day of P1 and second day with a migraine. This is really testing me, because I always want salty foods when I have one. But hey, will see how tough I am.
I like Wednesday's only two more days left.
Happy Hump day everyone.
Old 09-04-2013, 06:38 AM   #3  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning.

Off to they gym with my mom today since Monday was a holiday. I'll be confused about what day it is all week. Okay, who am I kidding - I always have to think twice about what day it is!

We have house-guests arriving for the weekend beginning tomorrow and are hosting a big group on Sunday so today will be more cleaning and more shopping, to be completed tomorrow.

We should be booking our flights for our December vacation today. Just waiting to get confirmation from the condo people that we can change the dates. Turns out we can save several hundred dollars by going/returning a day later. Hopefully the airfare didn't go up overnight!!

Have a great day, chicks.
Old 09-04-2013, 06:48 AM   #4  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning, Jennifer and Chickadee! Nice to see some bright and early posts. Jennifer, I admire your stamina to survive such hard and long days. Chickadee, sounds like you are suffering SBD flu. Remember that carbs like beans ARE allowed on this plan - they may help.

Very fall feeling here this morning and I have the furnace turned on. Yesterday was rainy off and on so I spent a lot of the day indoors. Today will be better. I plan to spend some time outside tiddling up my containers and maybe even hanging the fall wreath.

My yard guy was here yesterday and we had a good laugh about how often he has had to cut the grass this year. He is on a season's contract and usually has several weeks when the grass does not need cutting. Not this year. With all the rain, he has had to cut it weekly. I got a real bargain. He and his lads will be here next Monday to do some garden shrinking for me. I have finally realized that my veggie garden needs to be downsized once again so it's manageable. My farmer blood compels me to grow veggies every year - dumb because I can get veggies just down the road at the Market Garden.

I need another coffee and then I'll crank up the day. Maybe the Hump will be less challenging if I take a run at it!
Old 09-04-2013, 06:48 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

I am loving this cooler weather. We were finally able to give the AC a much needed rest and sleep with the windows open last night.

This morning is my SIL's funeral, followed by a luncheon. I know the food won't be very Beachy so I plan to just visit for a while and grab something OP when I come back home to change before heading to the farm. I told Cindy I'd be back in time to get the girls after school and take them to their riding lessons.

Hump Day already, and tomorrow is my Friday. This week is flying by fast!
Old 09-04-2013, 07:07 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Sorry to hear about your SIL Cottage, it is brave of you to eat something OP afterwards.

Chickadee, I'm with Ruth, sounds like you have the SBD flu! Definately beans, and maybe some yogurt. Those do help!

Jekel, thanks for starting us off today. I was just thinking this morning that this is my favorite weather!

Ruth, I have a tiny garden myself (not horrible, but small). That darned grape tomato plant reaches almost the entire length, over everything else. The tomatoes sure are abundant this year!

Karen, hope the airfares stay down!

Yesterday was a great new school day for the kids - my DD made a new friend. I was at work late with a sad case , but today is a new day, and hopefully a reasonable one. No news on when our remodeling starts, which is when I get to cut back my hours. I hate these long days...I got home at 8:30 last night . No fun on the first day of school!

Since this *is* a diet thread I'll mention I had a good phase 1.5 day yesterday. I resisted not only the peach pound cake, but the leftover raspberry squares as well (considering they were at work...)!! I had a 2 lb woosh, that to me shows me how bad I was eating!

Have a great one!
Old 09-04-2013, 07:58 AM   #7  
Mous

First stop was WalMart. Got my Silk dark chocolate Almond Milk. So good and only 100 calories....Lou hates it so it is all mine!
Of course got a few other items.
Then went to take the car in for tires! I walked to the store from there and then walked back and then had to go and get the groceries that Donna (clerk) was watching for me.
Paid the bill $558.94. Still have to get them aligned as they don't do it there.
Lou will take it in to Brakes Plus and it will be FREE! We had had them align it a little over a month ago and said they would do it....Lou knows the guy not sure how, though! We also need new windshield washers front and back.
Went to Brakes Plus to see about the alignment and brakes, struts etc. Just need the alignment!
Deb forgot to charge me for the phone card (Lou's) so we had to drive back in! While I was there the first time the scanners went totally black right in the middle of my order! This is when the no charge probably happened.
We then went to the $ shop....always buy there!
Then I decided that since it was after 10 I would 'treat' Lou to the new meat market. This is fully a NO anything market...no MSG, antibiotics, etc. I bought some sausages, 4 different kinds, a pound of ground chuck, a pound of chili pork, and me some tequila lime chicken! All for under $17!
Then back to WM as I wanted some turkey sausage and the $ store was out. Of course bought a few more things.

I am going to make the Peanut Butter Cup listed here!
I told Lou NO 'goodie' treat until after the 2 weeks are up and he said OK!
Home finally.
Going to make some Mock oatmeal....not too sure about this one but ya never know.
Hope today will be an A day for us all.

Old 09-04-2013, 08:27 AM   #8  

Darned, Windsong....I was curious about the dark chocolate almond milk, and the second ingrediant is cane sugar....which makes it a no-no .
Old 09-04-2013, 08:38 AM   #9  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

Yesterday was lovely day weather wise so that just puts me in a better mood which is good because work is not making me a happy camper right now.

DD2 had soccer game last night and DD1 came to watch so that was fun!

Today more meetings and hopefully I can get this go live date pushed back for a project my team and I are working on.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day!!!
Old 09-04-2013, 09:27 AM   #10  

Height: 5'4"

Good morning! DH has of course dropped 6 lbs in 3 days. I love him.

Here's to day 4!!!

Be well -
Old 09-04-2013, 09:47 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 214/210/164

Height: 5'0"

Good morning, all! It has been a loooong time since I've ventured over here, but I really, really needed to!

My DD is already TWO, can you believe it?! I lost all of the pregnancy weight through breastfeeding and WW. But, we've since moved clear across the state of Texas, and lots of stress eating, family visits, and too much leniency on my part has led me to gain some of that back.

My wake up call came last week when my new life insurance carrier was going to have to raise my premium because of my BMI. I am currently reading the SBD book, although the original, not supercharhed, and plan on spending the weekend clearing out the kitchen and meal-planning for P1. We joined a produce co-op here, so hopefully that will help with keeping our single-income budget in check.

It is SO good to see some wonderful, familiar "faces" here and some new friends to get to know. I hope you all have a wonderful day!

Last edited by Kim_Star060404; 09-04-2013 at 09:47 AM. Reason: grammar correction
Old 09-04-2013, 01:37 PM   #12  

Kim_Star - it is NOT two years already, is it?!? Good to see you back here. We demand pictures of the baby...I remember how cute the last set were!!

Glad to see you back here with us!
Old 09-04-2013, 02:10 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 214/210/164

Height: 5'0"

Twynn: Yep, 2 years old 3 weeks ago. We can't believe it, either. Time is flying SO fast!!

Here are some recent pics of my little diva.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 100_3594.JPG (51.1 KB, 18 views)
File Type: jpg 1173785_10152383890206515_1449298020_n.jpg (29.6 KB, 17 views)
File Type: jpg 1234393_10152399818116515_1694004103_n.jpg (27.3 KB, 16 views)
Old 09-04-2013, 02:11 PM   #14  

Height: 5' 7"

Kim_Star, I am with Twynn two years already, really???? Where does the time fly, I would love to see pictures of your sweet baby girl as well and welcome back to the beach
Old 09-04-2013, 05:54 PM   #15  

She is beautiful, Kim!! How blessed are you!??!
Closed Thread