Old 05-21-2013, 06:42 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 290/See Ticker/150

Height: 5ft 4 inches

Red face Advice on a new scale

Hello everyone.

So, like I mentioned in the introduction, I am new, but I am not. For the past 9 months or so, I've been lurking. I first became a member years ago and finally felt ready to try again.

That said, I need a new scale. I've had my current scale for 13 years. It is digital with a lithium battery. Nothing fancy. However, for the past year, I've noticed that it is NOT consistent. I moved the scale to the kitchen (when it is where the food is, it can be a good determent!) and use the squares on the floor to make SURE I place the scale in the SAME SPOT every time I weigh in. I'll be the first to admit that I will weigh myself way too much, but part of that is because of how much the scale fluctuates! I know it is normal for weight to fluctuate a pound or so from one day to the next, but this scale will be as different as 5 pounds +/- the very next day; sometimes more!

I need some recommendations for a good, reliable scale. Nothing TOO complex or fancy (I have a budget to consider). Any suggestions?
irishsarah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 11:16 PM   #2  
Trying to be in the 160s

S/C/G: See my siggy ;)

Height: 5'8"

The Eatsmart scale on Amazon. It does what it says on the tin. Every time you step on it.
IanG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 11:32 PM   #3  

Tanita.

My Tanita has lasted for over 6 years now. It's digital and can register weights up to 500 pounds. Mine have five different memory buttons so it can be used by 5 different people. It stores your previous weight too. I love it. It runs on 4 AA batteries, which I've changed maybe 5 times in 6 years.
Kaitie9399 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 08:19 AM   #4  
One day at a time!

S/C/G: 301/see ticker/160

Height: 5' 2"

Like Ian, I have an EatSmart scale from Amazon and I love it. At least when my weight is heading downward.
time2lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 09:03 AM   #5  

Thanks for the opinions. There are SO many options out there, that my head has been spinning!
Old 05-22-2013, 09:22 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 257/ticker/154

Height: 5'5.5"

I have recently bought this one: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Very similar to Ian's eat smart, but almost $10 less, plus the vendor then shipped me a pretty nice kitchen scale for free, just for ordering and writing an Amazon review of the product. I've been very happy with both.
fadedbluejeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 11:36 AM   #7  

Quote:
Originally Posted by fadedbluejeans View Post
I have recently bought this one: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Very similar to Ian's eat smart, but almost $10 less, plus the vendor then shipped me a pretty nice kitchen scale for free, just for ordering and writing an Amazon review of the product. I've been very happy with both.
Really. I like the idea of cheaper AND a free kitchen scale. I am an Amazon addict, so I will definitely check that one out too! Thanks.
Old 05-22-2013, 11:43 AM   #8  

Quote:
Originally Posted by fadedbluejeans View Post
Now THAT is awesome!!
elvislover324 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 04:13 PM   #9  

Height: 5'2"

I just ordered the Ozeri Precision II Digital Bath Scale that fadedbluejeans mentioned. It was a good deal and the reviews were pretty good.
Lindy87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 09:07 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 252.8/250.4/145

Height: 5'4"

I don't have it but the Eatsmart scale that keeps being mentioned here has been highly recommended to me, and when mine dies I'm buying it!
jm474 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 10:09 PM   #11  

Height: 5'2"

I have a Health O Meter from Wal Mart. Pretty basic digital scale, with memory for two people. It doesn't calculate body fat or anything fancy like that, it's just a scale. I believe it cost me about 27 bucks, I've had it for 2 years. I like it well enough, considering it's my mortal enemy.
HelloNurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 12:09 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 257/ticker/154

Height: 5'5.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindy87 View Post
I just ordered the Ozeri Precision II Digital Bath Scale that fadedbluejeans mentioned. It was a good deal and the reviews were pretty good.
As an update, I am pretty happy with it and I weigh every morning. They also sent me a kitchen scale for free, which I also use every day.
fadedbluejeans is offline   Reply With Quote