Closed Thread

Old 09-03-2013, 06:54 AM   #1  

Default IP Daily Chat Tuesday 9/3/2013

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page (top of forum, above all the topics) for lots of good information and please read here before asking what might be a frequently asked question: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads,
and here are the most recent Ideal Protein Protocol sheets

And before you cheat, read this thread:
The Real Cost of Cheating on Ideal Protein

Before starting new threads: spend some time reading the forum. Most new threads are duplicates, triplicates, quadruplicates. Folks who are the most successful, make time for research/reading.

More Recipes Here Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow
MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2
Fun with Ideal Protein Packets
Fun with Veggie Purees!
Ideal Protein Diet Recipes #4
Tips and Recipes from the Incredible Weight Loss Center

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos
Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website
Old 09-03-2013, 07:57 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 197/177/160

Height: 5.6

Good morning all I just got back from a AWESOME Motorcycle trip to South Dakota. During the trip I ate fairly well with the odd desert. Came home and didnt gain a lb. I have been on maintenance since June 1/13 .
Hubby is starting IP tomorrow I wish him the same progress I had. LOVE this way of living
Old 09-03-2013, 09:54 AM   #3  
sugar is the devil

Came back from my camping trip a couple of days ago. Stopped at a grocery store in the states and I couldn't believe my eyes on some of the products (sorry USA, just a culture shock). I saw 4L tubs of butter, Chips AHoy made with Reese cups instead of chocolate chips, cheese-in-a-can, and a bunch of other bizarre "food". The biggest kick was one of the grocery aisles had "diet/nutrition" on the sign - along with chips, ice cream, popcorn, and snacks. So someone seeking "diet" food would have to walk past chips and junk to get to it. The real kicker? There wasn't even any "diet" food at all! I did pick up some IP appropriate food tho - stuff I can't find here in Canada (ie. I can't believe it's not butter spray, French's spicy mustard, bread & butter pickles made with Splenda, etc).

I did stay 100% OP while I was gone so I'm pretty proud of that

I go to my third weigh in today. I'm not expecting a great loss since my last 2 weigh ins I had really good numbers. I have been weighing myself at home and I am down a couple lbs. Back to being slow and steady.

Last edited by SweetScrumptious; 09-03-2013 at 09:57 AM.
Old 09-03-2013, 09:57 AM   #4  
IP start date 8/1/2013

S/C/G: 195/138.6/130

Height: 4'10

It's my Friday who hoo! Lol not that it means anything my days off will be spent cleaning house and doing laundry. Seeing a stall on the scale and I know why. I had a piece of cheese and half a skinny mocha from Starbucks. It's my own dang fault. I'm not beating myself up but I'm disappointed in myself.

Found some Jennie-0 frozen turkey patties at the grocery last night so lunch today will be one of those and veggies. Hopefully my work day goes by quickly!

Have a good day ya'll!
Old 09-03-2013, 10:01 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 210/see ticker/130

Height: 5'1

Hi all! I had my second weigh in today- down a total of 11 lbs! Not bad for two weeks! I did not cheat at all this weekend (which was hard with all of the labor day food!) so I have been staying great on plan! Love IP.
Old 09-03-2013, 10:08 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 249.4/180/WhenIFeelSexyNaked

Height: 5'eff all

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetScrumptious View Post
Came back from my camping trip a couple of days ago. Stopped at a grocery store in the states and I couldn't believe my eyes on some of the products (sorry USA, just a culture shock). I saw 4L tubs of butter, Chips AHoy made with Reese cups instead of chocolate chips, cheese-in-a-can, and a bunch of other bizarre "food". The biggest kick was one of the grocery aisles had "diet/nutrition" on the sign - along with chips, ice cream, popcorn, and snacks. So someone seeking "diet" food would have to walk past chips and junk to get to it. The real kicker? There wasn't even any "diet" food at all! I did pick up some IP appropriate food tho - stuff I can't find here in Canada (ie. I can't believe it's not butter spray, French's spicy mustard, bread & butter pickles made with Splenda, etc).

I did stay 100% OP while I was gone so I'm pretty proud of that

I go to my third weigh in today. I'm not expecting a great loss since my last 2 weigh ins I had really good numbers. I have been weighing myself at home and I am down a couple lbs. Back to being slow and steady.
Lol I remember going to the states for shopping weekends and beint amazed at all the weird food they had - usually brought home a few things

Congrats at staying 100% on holidays thats huge!
Old 09-03-2013, 10:56 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 214/211/150

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning IPeeps,

A little cooler here in upstate NY today, it is going to be a beautiful week of mid 70's and sunshine.

I had my 3rd PT for rotator cuff surgery & I am doing really well, see the doctor this afternoon and I think I will be out of the sling and driving, whoot, whoot!
Have a wonderful day
Old 09-03-2013, 10:57 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 162/151.5/130

Height: 5'2

Smile Survived the Wedding & Discovered something great

Hi. I've only done a couple posts but love reading this every day. Great moral support as well as info. I'm in my 8th week and have lost 20 lbs.

My son got married this weekend. It was a 3-day extravaganza. I went in knowing that I was not going to deny myself wedding cake or a glass of champagne. It was hard getting all my veggies in until I went to the grocery and got some celery. Munching on that each day did the trick. I stayed IP with breakfast, lunch and dinner except for the 3 mini spring rolls they gave the wedding party after the ceremony.

I use to live on Diet Pepsi and gave in to having one Saturday night at the Rehearsal dinner. I need quick refreshment after a lot of dancing. I couldn't even finish it. It did not satisfy at all! That's something I was glad to discover. Back on the dance floor I asked my son for a sip of the icy cold beer someone just handed him. UGH. it did not satisfy or refresh. I thought it was amazing that the things I had to give up on this diet were no longer appealing to me. That was a big discovery and made me feel better about the diet.

As for the wedding dinner SUnday night, I did eat the strawberries in the spinach salad, I did use a bit of the served salad dressing, I did have a glass of champagne and I did eat the wedding cake. I danced a LOT.

This morning my Ketostik showed trace ketones. I have my weigh in at noon. I'll be happy even if I have a gain of 1 or 2 but am hoping it is 0 or -1. I'll keep you posted.

Bottom line is discovering that the things I had been missing so much are not at all satisfying. What a bonus that was.
Old 09-03-2013, 11:41 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 297/IP start 270/201/160

Height: 5 foot 6

Made it to almost -20 pounds this morning...needed only 4 less ounces! I feel wonderful and full of determination on this great plan. My stomach is so much flatter....

So as a reward I get to go shopping in my closet AND also give away what no longer fits. There is huge satisfaction in filling a bag full of things I never want to be able to fit into again.

My two goals clothes wise - first, get to the point I can get rid of all my black which I have worn as camouflage, but which does not suit my coloring at all. Second is to treat myself to nice and fun lingerie, just for me. Tired of old cotton stuff and other things that I won't detail.

Have a great day - it is a short work week.
Old 09-03-2013, 12:12 PM   #10  
IP Start: 05/16/13

S/C/G: 215.8/140.3/145

Good morning all. Dealing with the Big C a bit (despite having smooth move tea 2x last night) and have my WI in about an hour. Alas. I am not anticipating much movement in the numbers as a result. That being said, I still feel really happy with this diet and the way things are progressing for me.
Old 09-03-2013, 12:46 PM   #11  
Started IP - 8/27/13

S/C/G: 265/ticker/170

Height: 5'10"

I had my first deep purple Keto stick this morning!!!! Hahaha, yes, I know I'm taking about a "pee stick" (don't mean to be crude, lol). I had an awesome first weigh in yesterday (-9.4) and then I looked in the mirror this morning and saw that I have so much more to go. Not that it's a bad thing but I think I may just get my 26 year old body back!!!! As for food, I don't find the IP foods that bad at all. I figure I'll stay away from the restricted and every week select a different combination of my 3 foods.

Well, that's it for me today. Just had my salad and getting ready to have my chicken noodle soup!

Have a great day everyone!!!!
Old 09-03-2013, 12:49 PM   #12  
Started IP 5/13/13

S/C/G: 185/128/135

Height: 5' 4 1/2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarita75 View Post
Good morning all. Dealing with the Big C a bit (despite having smooth move tea 2x last night) and have my WI in about an hour. Alas. I am not anticipating much movement in the numbers as a result. That being said, I still feel really happy with this diet and the way things are progressing for me.
Sarita, I love seeing your updated photos. You are looking amazing!

I have been dealing with the exact opposite of the Big C and it is really no fun at all. If it isn't one, it is the other. There seems to be no in-between for me. Oh well, either way, lots of water is always helpful.

Back to work after the holiday weekend, and a week of vacation. Nice to be home and following a schedule and some structure after a whirlwind week of shopping and running amok! I hope everyone has a wonderful day!
Old 09-03-2013, 01:13 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 297/IP start 270/201/160

Height: 5 foot 6

AliExpat - We are in about the same boat so I am very excited about your great first week. Congratulations and best wishes for a wonderful and successful second week. (There is a thread here for people who joined in August 2013).

However, do NOT be looking in the mirror and thinking those negstive thoughts. Just be lookingreal hard to see the positive changes - a little less chin stuff, brighter eyes, bigger smile, whatever.

It is too easy to get stuck into that negative rut thinking about ourselves. Not to be a Pollyanna or anything, but this is the time in your life to be looking strongly at what you ARE doing right, even if it is only one week into the plan.

Recall how you felt when you got up in the morning - clear headed, strong, headed in the right direction, doing things right. Now you will be noticing clothes loose and a beautiful face greeting you every morning.
Old 09-03-2013, 01:29 PM   #14  
Restart - June17/15

S/C/G: 221/215/160

Height: 5"6

Great job!! my second weigh in is on Friday and looking forward to it!
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilkel244 View Post
Hi all! I had my second weigh in today- down a total of 11 lbs! Not bad for two weeks! I did not cheat at all this weekend (which was hard with all of the labor day food!) so I have been staying great on plan! Love IP.
Old 09-03-2013, 01:32 PM   #15  
Third time's the charm!

S/C/G: 254.8/Ticker/145

Good afternoon all, busy day at work for me today and tomorrow, since I am only working two days this week, but just wanted to stop in and say hello.

I normally weigh on Thursdays, but I am leaving for my sister's house tomorrow after work so I am going to weigh in tomorrow instead.

I can't believe it has already been (almost) 8 weeks since I started IP again!! I am feeling great and wish I stuck to it the 50 times I tried to restart.

Hope everyone has a great day.
Closed Thread