Old 08-20-2013, 05:15 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 270/270/160

Height: 5'5

Default Fall Challenge! Starts Sept 1

I thought it might be fun to have a fall challenge to get us through the Halloween candy and get us prepped for the holidays. This will run from sept 1-oct 31 2013.
Here is how it works.

Give a little information about yourself so we can get to know you, where you are from ect.

What day you want to weigh in.

Pledge your goal. Be realistic and a goal you can meet. I would recommend 5-7%
Do not edit your post, post every week on your weigh day. All weights will be calculated Monday from the following week.

Anyone can join at any time during the challenge so Let's do this and good luck!
cleancowgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 06:59 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 198/183/160

Height: 5'3"

Looking forward to my first challenge.

So a bit a background...
I've always been bigger. I have success losing when I really work at it but then I kind of give up and go back to old habits. My goals this time have to do with lifestyle changes - permanent one.
I've measured and weighed food in the past, but it made me very possessive of it - it didn't make me feel good at all. My kids often want a bite of mine, and I hate saying no. S this time, no measuring (mostly) and no weighing and stating out no obsessing over calories, fat,,sodium and fiber. My plan is to make healthy choices, following the food guide ( Canada's version). I am sure to max out my veggies and get my meat and dairy, but not so concerned with carbs. Aiming for whole carbs and high-fiber options.

I plan to add in exercise soon. Working strictly with food for now.

I'm looking forward to this challenge - it will help me get to know some of you.
We've got over a week till September, so I will post my goal(s) closer to the 1st. I'm hoping August will still be good to me

Last edited by LadyOfPort; 08-20-2013 at 07:00 PM. Reason: Forgot about exercise.
LadyOfPort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 07:26 PM   #3  

Ladyofport- sounds good!
I have been eating clean for the last 12 weeks come Friday and eat whole grain and unprocessed 90%of the time. I also been exercising 5 days a week either by going to the gym or walking in the morning. I have lost 37 pounds but have another 80 or so to go. I do measure and weigh mostly everything and log my food on fitbit.
My goal is going to be 7% comes to about 12 pounds but will aim for 15 because we do have 10 days or so left.
Goal of 225
Old 08-21-2013, 10:43 PM   #4  
Nothing is impossible

S/C/G: 296/Ticker/150

Height: 5' 5"

Im in! I would like to be 220 by Halloween. Thats 23 pounds from now. I will wait until September 1st to make this my official goal though since I could loose a lot in the next two weeks or nothing. Shooting 1.5-2.0 pounds a week.

My background: I have been on this journey since 3/15/13 I have lost 52.9lbs since then the most I have lost doing any diet EVER. I started with Weight Watchers and am now doing it on my own with MyFitnessPal which I love!! I am loving these challenges!!

Last edited by SouthernBell02; 08-21-2013 at 10:51 PM.
SouthernBell02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 04:27 PM   #5  

Southern bell- Wow 52 pounds that is totally awesome. You Rock! Great to have you!
Old 08-26-2013, 06:46 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 152.9/148.0/113

Height: 5'7

Sign me up. I used to weigh anywhere from 112 to 120, but over the last year I have put on roughly 40 pounds. I used to exercise 6 days per week, and was pretty diligent about watching what I ate. Fast forward to present day, and its really rough getting back into my routine. I am working hard with my therapist to set small, realistic goals and this sounds like the perfect challenge for me. I've lost 3.5 pounds in the last 9 days so I'm proud of myself. I'm taking your advice Cleancowgirl, and shooting for 7% of my current weight, which would average about 7 pounds. Totally doable, and thanks for setting this up!
Monkeysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 09:06 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 295/see ticker/150

Height: 5'9

So I am part of a halloween challenge already and I think my goal is 220.

I honestly dont think I am likely to meet it because my body isn't cooperating as much as I'd hoped.

I am going to start by aiming for 235. If I meet it I will go for 230. 220 will be my super stretch goal

I will update with my starting weight on the 1st
pnkrckpixikat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 02:38 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 346/see ticker/120

Height: 5'2

Okay, uh I'll join.

I don't really ever know what to say when asked for background, so I'll just say my name is Alyssa and I'm from Virginia. I like dogs and music. I'm a biology major in college with hopes of becoming a dentist. I've been fat my whole life (except when I was 12/13 and had an eating disorder), so I'm just trying to get healthy.

CW: 313.5 lbs
GW (for challenge): 285-290 lbs.

I will weigh in on Mondays.

Last edited by alyssarof2012; 08-28-2013 at 02:39 AM.
alyssarof2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 06:03 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 191/171/153 now 185/185/155

Height: 5'3"

I'm in!
I'm a 46 year old calorie counter. I have gone from 191 to 153 in the last couple of years. I have experienced a few plateaus and gains this year but I hope to finally reach my goal by January.

My ticker used to show my start and goal weight. Since I am so close to my goal I decided to change it to the number of pounds I have to lose.
ImImportant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 06:22 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 180/180/140

Height: 5'4

I'm definitely in.

I'm new to this forum. I'm going to be 49 in December That number is really bothering me knowing that it will be my last year before I'm the big 5-0. I wanna be in the best shape of my life by the time I turn 50!

I live in New York State. I was always thin.. fit. Exercise was my life. After making horrible choices as an adult and going through a lot of depression, I gained a ton of weight, about 60lbs.

I would like to weigh in on Friday's.

I haven't been on a "diet" or exercise plan in a while. I lost my 18 year old nephew in June of this year and, well, life sometimes seams meaningless.
jazzii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 08:29 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 279/229/150

Height: 5'2"

Count me in.

I am 27 years old. Last year I graduated from college with a degree in wildlife biology, gave birth to my son a month later, lost my gall bladder one month after that( on my b-day, same day hubby lost his job) and then lost my trailer a month after that. We had to move in with my mother for a year and just got our own apartment, finally! SO now that we've seen how quickly things can go wrong, I've decided to show how quickly things can go right! I plan on losing all my extra weight, getting over my fear of driving, and getting a career by this time net year. Wish me luck, these are things I've never been able to do before.

I would like to weigh in on Wednesdays. I am thinking a reasonable goal will be 18lbs. 2 lbs a week and about 7%. I do not want to make it too high because if I don't make it I will get down and beat myself up.

SW:252
GW:234
Teeni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 11:47 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 280/278/180

Height: 5'8"

Best Wishes everyone!

Last edited by Only Believe; 08-31-2013 at 08:53 AM.
Only Believe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 02:42 PM   #13  
Unstoppable Force

S/C/G: 225/ticker/137

Height: 5'6"

I would love to join this challenge! I need something to keep me motivated as I battle against the last few pounds to my goal weight. My regular weigh-in day is Friday, so I'll post my start weight and challenge goal then.

I've been overweight since I was eight years old. (My present age is 43.) I spent about 5 years "practicing" weight loss, and fluctuated around in the 200s during that time. I finally found my perfect formula and have been quite successful losing this year. I've lost 53 pounds since January 1 (and I'm the thinnest I can ever remember being.) I hope to lose another 22 by Thanksgiving. I think 150 is going to be my final goal weight, but I might change my mind when I get there.

My diet plan is gluten free, wheat free, low carb, clean (healthy, unprocessed, etc.) foods, and calorie counting/meal planning. For exercise I run (2-3X/week, 3-4 miles per run) and occasionally I'll let Jillian Michaels kick my a**.

I'm excited about this challenge and look forward to meeting all the participants.
Novus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 04:14 PM   #14  
Michelle the Vegan

S/C/G: >207/under goal/150

Height: ~5'9" of Snark

Hi, I'm in! I'm 45, and will turn 46 at the end of October. I am kinda freaked out by that. I think being freaked about turning 46 (closer to 50 than 40!) is why finally got my butt in gear earlier this year.

I've just gotten below 150 -- the goal I set back in April when I rehabbed my eating/exercise (yay!). Now I'd like to lose another 10 (11 actually, to 139), though I'm fine if they come off slowly. But I need to stay focused because I have proven time and time again to SUCK at keeping the weight off after I lose it! For the purposes of the challenge, I'd like to lose 5 pounds. I'm kinda in unknown territory weight-wise, so I'll just have to see how it goes!

I'm a long-time vegan, don't really have a specific "diet plan" I just try to eat healthy and reasonable portions (against all my instincts, lol). I walk every day and I run a 5k at least 5 days a week. I loooooove running and have just gently returned to it after 2 years off with a back injury. I used to rack up crazy mileage but now I'm very satisfied with my current schedule -- it seems to be the right amount for physical and mental health!

Look forward to getting to know everyone and having a great time getting to Halloween!

Last edited by Mrs Snark; 08-28-2013 at 04:17 PM.
Mrs Snark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 07:06 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 155.2/150/149

Height: 5'2"

okay, I'm in!

I'm 5'2", age 42, 150 pounds, want to get to 120.

For this challenge, 15 pounds by the holidays.

Mostly I eat on the lower carb side (wheat can affect my stomach so I try not to eat too much of it and I am trying to mostly avoid added sugar) but I do allow myself a little leeway on one day of the weekend.

I run about 30 minutes 4-5 days a week.
olehcat is offline   Reply With Quote