South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 08-31-2013, 03:50 AM   #1  
Mous

Wink Whimsical Weekend on the Beach 8/31 & 9/1

Morning Beachers!

One more day for us and we begin....however, we still have fruit to eat! I can 'dump' the cookies and can freeze the bread but what am I to do with the fruit? We cannot eat it all in one day! (grapes, apples & watermelon)

I do hope that those that have plans will enjoy themselves and be mindful and careful if in the sun.

So, how do the pups look with their makeover grooming? How was the book club?

Pray that those that are under the weather are a touch better. {hugs}

I dehydrate things for Charley but never thought about fruit, tomatoes, etc.

Happy dance for those that lost this week.

Enjoy this day to its fullest and be prepared for anything that pops up.

Old 08-31-2013, 07:15 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Good morning! I'm sipping my coffee while enjoying a cool breeze drifting in the windows. I hope this cool breeze continues, since Jake and I plan to go over to Dad's right after breakfast to do some mulching. Monica and Carley are coming out later and will spend the night since we're having our big Labor Day cookout bash on tomorrow.

Windsong, you can freeze most fruits, and grapes are especially delightful when they're frozen. In Phase 2, I like to add frozen fruit to my smoothies. It eliminates the need for ice.
Old 08-31-2013, 07:40 AM   #3  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning

I lost my willpower the past two days but don't think that counts. The good news is I've had my smoothie and have a plan to be on plan. Work calls soon so I must get running.

Have a great day everyone!

LadyWindsong, thanks for getting us started! I just froze some really nice Colorado peaches for smoothies!

Linda, have a nice visit with your dad!
Old 08-31-2013, 07:43 AM   #4  

Height: 5' 5"

Good morning to the early birds!

Today looks to be chore filled: bank, groceries, a few phone calls. Hopefully it will not rain and I will be able to sneak in some garden time.

Jennifer, to answer your query I teach HS bio (9th and 10th grade). Last year was tough because I had my worst class last period of the day and came home irritated everyday. DH even commented on it. Hopefully this year the schedule will work out better!

Windsong, kudos to you for your planning.
Linda, have fun mulching. Are you feeling better?
Ruth, how was book club?
Cyndi, enjoy your company.
Debbie, hope your weekend work is busy without being overwhelming!

DH is sleeping in this morning. I may have to make my own coffee!!!

Have a good day, all!
Old 08-31-2013, 08:06 AM   #5  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning on this last day of August. I like it when a month ends on a Saturday and starts on a Sunday. Call me anal!

Slept until 7:30 this morning after a lovely evening at Book Club. Ernie's house is on a point and we sat outside with a lovely breeze and no bugs. We even discussed the book for a few minutes. For the life of me, I can't remember the title of the new book but am pretty sure it's still in the car.

Nothing at all on the calender for today and tomorrow. I may be able to get more work done on my current quilt and maybe even sit on the porch later and enjoy the dregs of summer. I suspect the folks from the Island may show up for tea and cookies. The cookie tin is full and stashed in the freezer so I'm ready.

Wishing everyone a good long weekend as summer winds down.
Old 08-31-2013, 08:51 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Good Morning Chicks! A little overcast here, but comfortable. All of the Joe's and I are going to the Yankee game. I am out numbered 3 Joe's to 1 Jenn. Joe's DD is unable to make it, but we should have fun. I just hope my DS is showered and dressed before they get here. It is the first time the two "boys" are meeting. Guess who's anxiety is in overdrive today lol.

I am starting the day off OP, but baseball park food is usually anything but healthy. I am using yesterday's weigh in for the month. I indulged in trail mix last night. There is no way I gained 4 pounds in a single day! Hopefully in a day or 2 I will see a whoosh of water weight gone.

Heard last night if the US invades Syria we are working 16 hour days, 6 days per week through 9/11. We haven't been ordered in like that since the NYC transit strike. It's all part of the job, but makes it nearly impossible to do anything else. In anticipation I made a huge crock pot of chili last night.

OK enough complaining I have things to do!
Old 08-31-2013, 11:26 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 193.8/188.6/160

Hi all.

I had a very good month OP. I had a wine event and a few nights out but other than some wine, I stayed OP regarding the food and still managed to drop 5 lbs. I am up ALMOST 1 pound this morning after going out last night and enjoying a few glasses of wine and some live music but that's okay, I do have a life to live.
This first month back I think I did very well back on the beach and if anything, I'm wearing some jeans I couldn't wear when I started so the inches are going too.
My goal is hopefully another 5 lbs next month.

I'm working all weekend so not much happening here.
Old 08-31-2013, 12:03 PM   #8  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning, oops afternoon but I'm still drinking coffee We stayed up late and had a great fire, good thing because it looks like rain, rain, and more rain for the next three days. It looks like today will be a mellow day. We just ate breakfast (whole grain, gluten free peach pancakes ) which might be a hint about the day Our only plans are the farm stand for more tomatoes for dinner and maybe a mushroom walk.

Tuesday we are starting a strict phase 1.5, fresh fruit no grains or added sweeteners. Fruit season is so short and anticipated here that I don't think we will cut them out right now. If we need to we can back into Phase 1 as soon as the berries and stone fruits are done.
Old 08-31-2013, 02:26 PM   #9  

S/C/G: maintaining

Hey, all.

Yesterday DH and I celebrated our 26th anniversary. I didn't mind letting him choose from a few vegetarian restaurants. I didn't love my food but it was still fun to try something new; he loved his food though and wants to go back.

Today we hiked early because of the heat. I'm working the closing shift tonight. Tomorrow I work in the afternoon and then we'll head right to an engagement party.

Have a great weekend.
Old 08-31-2013, 03:12 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Happy Anniversary a day late, Karen!
Old 09-01-2013, 04:40 AM   #11  
Mous

Happy Sunday to you all.

26 years how wonderful. Glad you tried something new.

5 pounds is a sack of sugar just think it is gone for good. Woo hoo!

I love summer time fruit. So glad to hear most can be frozen.

Today is our first day on the Beach. I am mostly prepared.
I did find my SB Supercharged book and will be rereading in it and gaining some valued information and recipes.
I think I am going to try the cream cheese pancakes. I found some Greek cream cheese who knew?
I have told Lou about the no no's and some he has said aw....but then says ok and I remind him it is only for 2 weeks.

Debbie, don't you just love Rocky Ford's fruits? We wait all year for the cantaloupes.

Hope all chores got done and that the ball park food wasn't too bad.

Here's to an OP day for us all.

Old 09-01-2013, 07:21 AM   #12  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

RABBIT RABBIT RABBIT! New month today and that will bring us luck.

Not sure what's on my schedule today but it should involve some outside stuff since we have two days of rain predicted - not showers but serious rain. I'm planning a beer can chicken on the BBQ tonight, maybe with that massaged kale salad. I do like having first class leftovers as I head into the week. (I am treating tomorrow like a regular Monday.)

Whatever you do, enjoy your day and do at least one nice thing for yourself.
Old 09-01-2013, 09:17 AM   #13  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

We got some much needed rain last night and there is supposed to be more this evening. We keep hitting over 100 degrees but I tomorrow should be in the 80's.

Today we are headed to 6 Flags there is a concert as well at 2:45 p.m.

I hope everyone has a great 1st day of September.
Old 09-01-2013, 09:19 AM   #14  
sophie

Height: 5'4"

RABBIT, RABBIT, RABBIT. TOO
good morning

Wow, sept 1st. I always feel like its a new year.. starting sep. feeling better. Yesterday morning was spent at emergency. After 6 days on this particular antibiotic I had a reaction -a rash on my neck and a burning feeling. They told me to stop using the med immediately and gave and gave me a steroid. Anyways I feel like my old self today but using it as an excuse to avoid a bbq today.
September will be back to walking and eating on plan. My ticker is lieing by 1lb which I guess isnt too bad cosidering. Enjoy your weekend
Take care
Sophie
Old 09-01-2013, 09:53 AM   #15  

Height: 5' 5"

Hitting the road to deliver DS2 to his fall home. Cyndi, I'll wave to you from I-89!

See you tomorrow night.
Closed Thread