Closed Thread

Old 08-31-2013, 12:56 AM   #1  
Started IP Aug 19, 2013

S/C/G: 218/187.5/144

Height: 5'5

Default Who started IP in August 2013? Let's support each other!

I'd like this to be a place where those who started right around the same time can come for support, advice, encouragement, and nothing wrong with a little peer pressure to keep you on the straight and narrow! PLEASE remember, though, that everyone loses at their own pace. For instance, there can be stalls because of time of the month, normal plateaus, etc. So, this isn't meant to be used to compare losses or compete, just to join forces with those who are in exactly the same stage of IP and can encourage (or commiserate with, should that be the case!) each other! I know there are other great threads going on simultaneously, and I for one know that I want to continue to follow the senior members and benefit from their experience, so don't feel pressure to check into this thread daily if that doesn't work for you, but I hope you check in on a regular basis just to say how you're doing and we can watch each others' progress. I know there is Kellimomo3, imanovich and Clarington45. Who else is out there?

Last edited by slownsteady; 08-31-2013 at 01:01 AM.
Old 08-31-2013, 01:38 AM   #2  
IP start date 8/1/2013

S/C/G: 195/138.6/130

Height: 4'10

I joined 8/1. Wil keep a look out for ya'll!
Old 08-31-2013, 02:13 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 298/262/150

Height: 5'4"

I joined 8/16. Starting my third week now! Happy to be a part of this little group!
Old 08-31-2013, 05:34 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 199.5/ticker/135

Height: 5'5"

I started on 8/5. I think that this forum is a great idea.
Old 08-31-2013, 06:59 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 290/268.4/190

I started on 8/1. I think this is a great idea.

Since I started this diet, it seems like time is dragging by. Is anyone else feeling this way since starting the plan?
Old 08-31-2013, 07:12 AM   #6  

Hey all...remember you will get the MOST support from those who are ahead of you...those with experience and who have been through what you are already experiencing (that's where I got all my support). I started the first week of August 2012. I've lost 95+ lbs (WI tomorrow). You can stick to this through ANYTHING!
Old 08-31-2013, 09:36 AM   #7  
Reboot 10/24/15 - Age 49

S/C/G: 217.5/202.3/155

Height: 5'7"

I started 8/23. Great idea. Those starting about the same time will likely experience things together that we can support each other through: the Big C, a stall, boredom with food or veggies etc. This reminds me of the due date threads I was on when pregnant with my kids!
Old 08-31-2013, 10:02 AM   #8  
Started IP Aug 19, 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
Hey all...remember you will get the MOST support from those who are ahead of you...those with experience and who have been through what you are already experiencing (that's where I got all my support). I started the first week of August 2012. I've lost 95+ lbs (WI tomorrow). You can stick to this through ANYTHING!
Quote:
Originally Posted by slownsteady View Post
I know there are other great threads going on simultaneously, and I for one know that I want to continue to follow the senior members and benefit from their experience,
You must have missed this part of my comment! No worries, I'm sure most, if not all, will be joining in on the other threads as well.
Old 08-31-2013, 10:11 AM   #9  
IP start date 8/1/2013

S/C/G: 195/138.6/130

Height: 4'10

So I'm on the tail end of week 4 yesterday was the first time I experienced any hunger while on the diet. I just felt like I wasn't eating enough. I was very busy artwork so I'm sure that's why but it was so weird! Stayed OP tho so that was a great testof wills!
Old 08-31-2013, 10:32 AM   #10  
Started IP Aug 19, 2013

Welcome everyone! This will be fun I think! Let's make this one class with "No Dropouts" - OK? We're in it for the long haul together!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DivaDanielle View Post
I started on 8/1. I think this is a great idea.

Since I started this diet, it seems like time is dragging by. Is anyone else feeling this way since starting the plan?
It hasn't been dragging for me, BUT I do find myself sometimes 'projecting' and thinking "Wow, you mean 6 months from now I'll still be eating this way - my 3 IP packets and 4 cups of veggies every day?" and it can get a little overwhelming and brings me back to my old pattern of self-doubt. But I quickly banish those thoughts, and this is when the inspiration of "those who have gone before" - the successful senior members - really helps me. If they can do it, that means it can be done, and that means I can do it! Like I've seen so often here - just trust the program, follow the program (100% - only works if you follow it and not make up your own rules!), and it will happen. And.....One Day At A Time.

My coach also had me take an evening to myself the evening before I started (music, no TV or other distractions), and just sit down and write down all of the reasons I want to do this. Both the good and the bad. Example: GOOD: I want to improve my health. Very, very true, I have high blood pressure, etc - but admittedly in the inspiration category is slightly boring. But, I also want to shock the sh#t out of my ex-husband the next time I see him! HA HA (he left after 30 years for someone 20 yrs younger!). Though that really is ancient history (that happened 10 yrs ago - I was a child-bride ), still I was overweight and struggling on diet after diet during most of our marriage so I can't wait to say "take THAT sucker!" when he sees me looking more like our high-school days!). BAD: Remember recently when I bent over to pick something up and my pants split at the inner thighs because the fabric had worn so thin from my thighs rubbing together. I wanted to die of embarrassment. Or - the feeling of being so out of breath and wheezing just walking from my car into work. Or - always being the fat one in a sea of fit people at all of our get-togethers. Miserable. Then I also got some pictures of myself out. One very old one when I WAS fit and attractive. Another at my heaviest (yes, I've been even heavier than this!).

So when I need the boost, I get my journal out and read what I had written that night of reflection, look at my pictures, and boost my resolve to finally achieve my goal. Too many years of wishing, hoping and talking about it. Now it's time to DO IT.

I know the weekends are always the hardest for me (no matter WHAT diet I'm on), and this being a long weekend, I know the challenge will be that much more! but I will keep busy and I feel strong and know I will stay 100% OP! Enjoy your holiday weekend everyone!
Old 08-31-2013, 10:49 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 187+hi/177.7start IP/109/112.7

Height: 4'10"

Quote:
Welcome everyone! This will be fun I think! Let's make this one class with "No Dropouts" - OK? We're in it for the long haul together!

It hasn't been dragging for me, BUT I do find myself sometimes 'projecting' and thinking "Wow, you mean 6 months from now I'll still be eating this way - my 3 IP packets and 4 cups of veggies every day?" and it can get a little overwhelming and brings me back to my old pattern of self-doubt. But I quickly banish those thoughts, and this is when the inspiration of "those who have gone before" - the successful senior members - really helps me. If they can do it, that means it can be done, and that means I can do it! Like I've seen so often here - just trust the program, follow the program (100% - only works if you follow it and not make up your own rules!), and it will happen. And.....One Day At A Time.

My coach also had me take an evening to myself the evening before I started (music, no TV or other distractions), and just sit down and write down all of the reasons I want to do this. Both the good and the bad. Example: GOOD: I want to improve my health. Very, very true, I have high blood pressure, etc - but admittedly in the inspiration category is slightly boring. But, I also want to shock the sh#t out of my ex-husband the next time I see him! HA HA (he left after 30 years for someone 20 yrs younger!). Though that really is ancient history (that happened 10 yrs ago - I was a child-bride ), still I was overweight and struggling on diet after diet during most of our marriage so I can't wait to say "take THAT sucker!" when he sees me looking more like our high-school days!). BAD: Remember recently when I bent over to pick something up and my pants split at the inner thighs because the fabric had worn so thin from my thighs rubbing together. I wanted to die of embarrassment. Or - the feeling of being so out of breath and wheezing just walking from my car into work. Or - always being the fat one in a sea of fit people at all of our get-togethers. Miserable. Then I also got some pictures of myself out. One very old one when I WAS fit and attractive. Another at my heaviest (yes, I've been even heavier than this!).

So when I need the boost, I get my journal out and read what I had written that night of reflection, look at my pictures, and boost my resolve to finally achieve my goal. Too many years of wishing, hoping and talking about it. Now it's time to DO IT.

I know the weekends are always the hardest for me (no matter WHAT diet I'm on), and this being a long weekend, I know the challenge will be that much more! but I will keep busy and I feel strong and know I will stay 100% OP! Enjoy your holiday weekend everyone!
Very sage advice...and profound. Are you sure you've only been doing this a few weeks? (Just kidding...You know exactly where you are going and have decided any road, WILL NOT take you there.)

I wish you all the best...!! and a warm Welcome to 3FC...will be expecting more of the same from you as your journey picks up momentum!!
Old 08-31-2013, 11:02 AM   #12  
Started IP Aug 19, 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by nolasmurf View Post
So I'm on the tail end of week 4 yesterday was the first time I experienced any hunger while on the diet. I just felt like I wasn't eating enough. I was very busy artwork so I'm sure that's why but it was so weird! Stayed OP tho so that was a great testof wills!
I have been pretty hungry at points during the day also, and know it will be better when I get my act together and get my 'snack' veggies (like cut up celery and cucumbers) prepared in portions to have with me to nibble on when I get those hunger pangs. Plan on getting that done this weekend. I also drink my water and occasionally pop a piece of sugarless gum (with sucralose) - I like the Dentyne Fire (cinnamon flavor) - coach approved. That really takes the edge off and helps tide me over. One more thing - I will speak for myself only - but I had gotten to the point that I didn't know what hunger was anymore! I never allowed myself to be hungry! Ever! So, in a way, this is a new sensation for me. So I stopped and thought about it and thought "Thin people get hungry during the day too!" Though you don't want to be ravenously hungry and out of control, being hungry is a normal sensation - just one I'd forgotten the feeling of so it seems like something "wrong". I'm trying to reset my brain as well as my metabolism! I'm trying to 'embrace my hunger'
Old 08-31-2013, 11:10 AM   #13  
Started IP Aug 19, 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by 65X65 View Post
I wish you all the best...!! and a warm Welcome to 3FC...will be expecting more of the same from you as your journey picks up momentum!!
Awww....thanks 65! You are one of 'those who've gone before' that I look to for encouragement and motivation! Look at you - You are FABULOUS! I will turn 60 just about the time (hopefully!) that I will be at goal. I want to hit 60 being the best I've ever been!

Now....signing off! This can get addictive, and my house is calling "CLEAN ME!" after a long work-week!
Old 08-31-2013, 12:00 PM   #14  
Serial Dieter

S/C/G: 320/278/200

Height: 6'3"

Do I qualify? I started the IP Diet on July 30th. And my results have been amazing so far. I have lost 26 pounds and 4 5/8" off my waistline in 32 days! I am averaging 0.8125 pounds lost per day and 1" off my waistline per week.

The hardest part was getting through the sugar and carb withdrawal during the first few days. Once I starting getting good results it's been very motivating to stay on and not cheat.

I was doing some dieting on my own in July, and lost 9 pounds for the month, which is where my 335 start weight comes from in my profile, but I have had infinitely better results on IP!

Keep up the GREAT WORK EVERYONE!!! We are all rooting for you!

Last edited by Avalon1957; 08-31-2013 at 12:06 PM.
Old 08-31-2013, 12:10 PM   #15  
Reboot 10/24/15 - Age 49

S/C/G: 217.5/202.3/155

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
One more thing - I will speak for myself only - but I had gotten to the point that I didn't know what hunger was anymore! I never allowed myself to be hungry! Ever! So, in a way, this is a new sensation for me. So I stopped and thought about it and thought "Thin people get hungry during the day too!" Though you don't want to be ravenously hungry and out of control, being hungry is a normal sensation - just one I'd forgotten the feeling of so it seems like something "wrong". I'm trying to reset my brain as well as my metabolism! I'm trying to 'embrace my hunger'
This is such a profound thought, so true. I read a book by Bob Greene, who assisted Oprah on her weight loss journey (well one of them!) where he recalled part way through her program she thought she was ill, she felt so strange and had never felt that way before. It was hunger pangs! She too had never been truly hungry before, always popped something in her mouth before that happened. He told her to embrace that feeling, and that she should take it with gratitude as it meant she was listening to her body. And it meant she was losing weight!
Closed Thread