Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 08-29-2013, 05:48 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 200.6/200.6/145

Height: 5' 6.5"

Default When Your Health Gets In the Way of Your Exercise Routine...

So I was in the middle of my 5th week of Focus T25 and ended up the ER because I felt like something wasn't right with my body. Turns out my medication I had started a few days before gave me hypertension and my blood pressure was through the roof! I can't exercise until the end of the week.... doctor's orders. I am just feeling really down about it. I have been working so hard to be fit and was fully committed to the program and then all this happens. I know my health is more important but I really enjoy working out and giving this program all I have is very important to me.
luvmy2girls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 07:44 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 195/172/150

Height: 5'2"

I was wondering the same thing. i am down with cold and flu and do not have energy for a walk, leave aside going to the gym for a proper workout. have been feeling guilty abt it but am in a bad shape, so no exercise videos or anything. The only gud thing was tht have managed to eat clean and within limits....but yeah, wht to do?????????
Oh, and one more thing. very strangely, i have lost 2 pounds in past 2 days....anybody can explain this???
iamritu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 11:56 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 200.6/200.6/145

Height: 5' 6.5"

When you are sick it is common to lose weight due to the lack of eating or eating lighter foods for your upset stomach. Hope you feel better!
luvmy2girls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 11:30 AM   #4  
Michelle the Vegan

S/C/G: >207/under goal/150

Height: ~5'9" of Snark

Resting your body is as important as stressing it with exercise. They are the opposite sides of the same coin! It seems like your are "doing nothing" but that isn't true! Maybe try meditation or some nice stretching and yoga (if allowed). Don't stress, in the course of your life you will balance exercise with rest, that's how you improve. So try your best to embrace it!
Mrs Snark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 03:09 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 170/161/130

Height: 5'1"

I have a different kind of health problem that gets in the way of my exercise routine. Maybe TMI? I have a prolapse (thanks to 2 babies) that makes me have to use the bathroom AT LEAST once an hour. Which makes my walk/jog route almost always the same. I go around the park because it has bathrooms. When winter comes and they lock up the bathrooms, I move to the indoor walking track - so I can have a bathroom nearby. I'm only 45 - I shouldn't be like this.
EllieFunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 01:23 AM   #6  

No worries, we all get side tracked every now and then due to circumstances beyond our control, and can't get our workouts. When you're better just start exercising again and in no time at all you'll be right back up to speed.
Kscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 08:39 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 215/188/150

Height: 5'4"

I don't get too concerned with colds and flus. I just don't exercise on those days and I don't feel bad about it. I reckon that my body is extremely busy working hard to fight off the virus!

Injuries and chronic health problems though are a major concern. I have a pelvic injury that has caused me to forsake exercise for nearly 2yrs which in turns has caused a great deal of weight gain which in turn has led to joint problems. i'm in physical therapy now and getting stronger every day. Soon I will be back up in shape to start a C25K program and I hope to get strong enough to avoid further injuries!
Palestrina is offline   Reply With Quote