Closed Thread

Old 08-29-2013, 04:36 AM   #1  

Arrow IP Daily Chat Thursday 8/29/2013

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page (top of forum, above all the topics) for lots of good information and please read here before asking what might be a frequently asked question: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads,
and here are the most recent Ideal Protein Protocol sheets

And before you cheat, read this thread:
The Real Cost of Cheating on Ideal Protein

Before starting new threads: spend some time reading the forum. Most new threads are duplicates, triplicates, quadruplicates. Folks who are the most successful, make time for research/reading.

More Recipes Here Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow
MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2
Fun with Ideal Protein Packets
Fun with Veggie Purees!
Ideal Protein Diet Recipes #4
Tips and Recipes from the Incredible Weight Loss Center

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos
Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website
Old 08-29-2013, 06:02 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 156/124/125

Height: 5'4"

Good morning!!! End of the week in sight with a long weekend!!! Its also the end of summer...

Sending along will power and strength to all!!!
Old 08-29-2013, 06:17 AM   #3  
sugar is the devil

My boyfriend called me last night and surprised me with a camping trip this long weekend his plans fell through but he still wants to head down to Montana for the weekend. So I'll be out camping for 2 nights. Now I gotta plan what packets to bring and what to make for suppers. I think one night we will do tortilla-less fajitas (just the meat, spices, and veggies). I'm also thinking of cooking up Lisa's chicken and bringing some shredded chicken for a supper one night. At least I won't be gone too too long where I need advanced, thorough planning.
Old 08-29-2013, 07:48 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 395/241.5/250

Height: 6'4"

Morning folks. Life for me has been cruising along in phase 3. Several mornings now I have started the day with a toasted ham and cheese sandwich, as well as fruit etc.- for whatever reason that was what I was craving at the end of phase 2. I was always a bread junkie and couldn't wait to eat some. Well....I discovered that it was no big deal, it tasted good but no where close to what I was imagining it would be. Maybe I was waiting for the heavens to open up and a rainbow to fly out of the toaster. Didn't happen.

Started back to work on Monday only to be told first thing in the morning that I have been bumped out of my instructor position at the college and that I do not have enough seniority to bump anyone else. So in 3 weeks I will unemployed. Because I live in a butt hole of town other opportunities are extremely limited unless I want to be a sandwich artist or a crew member involved in putting fries in paper containers. Those jobs won't pay bills.

The only positive of this situation is that I didn't turn to food and eat myself into a stupor like I would have in the past. Oh, forgot to add that there was another positive, I did lose another 3 pounds so yeah for me.

Hope everyone has a good week.

Last edited by Spiritman; 08-29-2013 at 07:50 AM.
Old 08-29-2013, 07:55 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 199.5/ticker/135

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiritman View Post
Morning folks. Life for me has been cruising along in phase 3. Several mornings now I have started the day with a toasted ham and cheese sandwich, as well as fruit etc.- for whatever reason that was what I was craving at the end of phase 2. I was always a bread junkie and couldn't wait to eat some. Well....I discovered that it was no big deal, it tasted good but no where close to what I was imagining it would be. Maybe I was waiting for the heavens to open up and a rainbow to fly out of the toaster. Didn't happen.

Started back to work on Monday only to be told first thing in the morning that I have been bumped out of my instructor position at the college and that I do not have enough seniority to bump anyone else. So in 3 weeks I will unemployed. Because I live in a butt hole of town other opportunities are extremely limited unless I want to be a sandwich artist or a crew member involved in putting fries in paper containers. Those jobs won't pay bills.

The only positive of this situation is that I didn't turn to food and eat myself into a stupor like I would have in the past. Oh, forgot to add that there was another positive, I did lose another 3 pounds so yeah for me.

So sorry about your job, that is really tough. I hope that this situation turns into a better opportunity for you. Stay strong!
Old 08-29-2013, 08:31 AM   #6  
Started IP 8/22/13

S/C/G: 258/191/175

Height: 5'7"

Quote:

I hope the job situation improves for you. At least you won't be discriminated against because of your size when you go to interviews -- let's face it -- it happens.

Hang in there!
Old 08-29-2013, 08:36 AM   #7  
Started IP 8/22/13

S/C/G: 258/191/175

Height: 5'7"

Smile First WI today

I have my first weigh-in later this morning. I am anxious to see how it goes!

I'll post results later!
Old 08-29-2013, 08:38 AM   #8  
Third time's the charm!

S/C/G: 254.8/Ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

Good morning all, quick stop in to say hello, and report that I had my 7 week weigh-in this morning and am down 2 lbs.

Hope everyone has a great day, I am stuck at work all day but will check back in this evening!
Old 08-29-2013, 08:53 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 395/241.5/250

Height: 6'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockabillygirl View Post
I hope the job situation improves for you. At least you won't be discriminated against because of your size when you go to interviews -- let's face it -- it happens.

Hang in there!
Isn't that the truth, I've experienced that before as well. Also some of the snobby little "sticks" as I call them at work actually acknowledge my presence now that I've lost the weight. Too bad for them I didn't care what they thought before my weight loss and I certainly don't care now that I've achieved my goal. To quote my father "People are funny" meaning people can be fooked in the head - that's my interpretation of it.
Old 08-29-2013, 09:56 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 301/290/180

Height: 5'10

Quote:

Sending lots of positive thoughts your way. I was unemployeed for 4 months earlier this year, and MAN! It was hard!! Just remember, there's something sooo much better out there for you.
Old 08-29-2013, 09:59 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 301/290/180

Height: 5'10

Good morning all!!

Just doing a quick check-in. Sounds like everyone is doing well, and probably anticipating the long weekend! I know I am!

Got a big ol' box from Nashua Nutrition yesterday, and was so excited to get home and bust it open!! Lots of yummy OP new treats! I love trying new things, and who knew that I'd one day get excited about "diet" food? But I'm finding things I love love love! And that I'm sad to be without.

Hoping everyone has a great day! One more day to the weekend!!
Old 08-29-2013, 10:05 AM   #12  

S/C/G: IP Restart: 181.2/175.6/130

Height: 5'4"

Good morning all,

I had my week 2 WI this week and lost another 1.6. I know a loss is a loss and a good thing, and so am trying to get out of the headspace that it is not "enough" for a week. It's hard not to compare who lose more each week, even knowing rationally that it's pointless because everyone is different. I have a history of very slow weight loss and am just hoping that doesn't carry over into my IP journey as well. Coach suggested reducing olive oil to 1tsp instead of 2 per day, so I will try it and see what happens next week.
Old 08-29-2013, 10:24 AM   #13  
On plan since June 23/13

S/C/G: 197/153/150

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by lighthouse101 View Post
Good morning all,

I had my week 2 WI this week and lost another 1.6. I know a loss is a loss and a good thing, and so am trying to get out of the headspace that it is not "enough" for a week. It's hard not to compare who lose more each week, even knowing rationally that it's pointless because everyone is different. I have a history of very slow weight loss and am just hoping that doesn't carry over into my IP journey as well. Coach suggested reducing olive oil to 1tsp instead of 2 per day, so I will try it and see what happens next week.
I too seem to be a slower loser but when you put it all in perspective it's wonderful! I started the program June 23 at 197lbs. and a stuffed size 16. Now, we are at August 29th and I am 171 and a comfortable size 12. It was worth the weeks of 1-2 lbs. If I hadn't started IP, I would still be at least 197! I totally understand when we see all the big numbers but you also have to look at where those numbers started at.

My coach said if you are having a slower week to cut back on the restricted snacks.

Good luck with the rest of your journey and remember nothing tastes as good as skinny feels!

Last edited by Maxxy; 08-29-2013 at 10:24 AM.
Old 08-29-2013, 10:32 AM   #14  
Started IP 5/13/13

S/C/G: 185/128/135

Height: 5' 4 1/2"

Good morning everyone! Vacation is going well. Staying 100% OP. Lots of fun activities in Minneapolis.
Old 08-29-2013, 10:59 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 187+hi/177.7start IP/109/112.7

Height: 4'10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by dak1lls View Post
Good morning everyone! Vacation is going well. Staying 100% OP. Lots of fun activities in Minneapolis.

Yippeee for you! It's not impossible to do this and you are going to be so happy next week at weigh in!
Closed Thread