Mini-Goals Even if you're not at goal yet, this is the place to share your successes and achievements along the way! Success can be measured in many ways besides the scales. Tell us about your triumphs, including Non Scale Victories

Old 08-28-2013, 04:16 PM   #1  

Location: Anchorage AK in the summer, Lawrence KS and travel in the winter

S/C/G: High 285+ 256/ticker/160ish

Height: 5'6"

Default Mini goal getting closer

On June 25 of this year I weighed 256 pounds. I know this because I had a doctor's appointment. You can't get out of the dang scale there. I had been cruising along on my never diet again plan but I was eating junk way more than I should. Being a former binge eater with life threatening binges, even eating junk too often (without bingeing) was a major step forward.

I saw that number and was sick of it. My A1C was not good and I decided to give myself another chance at a normal weight. So my husband and I decided to change to healthier food as a preponderance of our eating. Fresh vegetables, lean meats, fruit, but on the low carb end of the spectrum since I'm a Type II non-insulin dependent diabetic. I eat what I choose, but I eat slowly and stop when full. A variation on intuitive eating I guess.

I weigh a couple of times a week to keep myself informed. This morning I weighed 226#, 30 pounds down. Most of my clothes are gone having been sent to the thrift shop. My mini goal is under 200# the first time I'll see that in over two decades, but a closer mini goal is to be able to get out of "plus sized" women's clothes. Just a misses XL (and not the biggest XL ever made) as an average would be glorious. I'm a bit of a fashion lover and plus sized clothes are rarely fashionable.

I tried a pair of super flattering XL pants and they fit. I was still stuck in a 1X top but the loose jacket coat was also XL. I didn't look huge in the mirror. I almost looked normal. I went to the State Fair last week and I wasn't one of the fattest people there like I usually am. Far from it this year!!!!

Hooray! I'm getting really close.
vintagecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 04:37 PM   #2  
Michelle the Vegan

S/C/G: >207/under goal/150

Height: ~5'9" of Snark

Congratulations!

I bet it felt really GREAT to see yourself in those clothes! And it sounds like you are losing it in such a healthy way, too! Well done you!
Mrs Snark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 04:47 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 280/see ticker/130

Height: 5'8"

Congratulations vintagecat! 30 lbs in about two months is a wonderful amount of loss!
I've also been at it for a little over two months (started on June 22) and am getting close to 20 lbs lost now.
Keep up the great work and I'm sure you'll be at your goal in no time!
levoguette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 05:07 PM   #4  
beautiful bright soul :)

S/C/G: 296 / 171 / 150

Hooray!!! WAY TO GO! I'm super excited for you!
belovedspirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 10:02 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 250/240/160

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintagecat View Post
On June 25 of this year I weighed 256 pounds. I know this because I had a doctor's appointment. You can't get out of the dang scale there. I had been cruising along on my never diet again plan but I was eating junk way more than I should. Being a former binge eater with life threatening binges, even eating junk too often (without bingeing) was a major step forward.

I saw that number and was sick of it. My A1C was not good and I decided to give myself another chance at a normal weight. So my husband and I decided to change to healthier food as a preponderance of our eating. Fresh vegetables, lean meats, fruit, but on the low carb end of the spectrum since I'm a Type II non-insulin dependent diabetic. I eat what I choose, but I eat slowly and stop when full. A variation on intuitive eating I guess.

I weigh a couple of times a week to keep myself informed. This morning I weighed 226#, 30 pounds down. Most of my clothes are gone having been sent to the thrift shop. My mini goal is under 200# the first time I'll see that in over two decades, but a closer mini goal is to be able to get out of "plus sized" women's clothes. Just a misses XL (and not the biggest XL ever made) as an average would be glorious. I'm a bit of a fashion lover and plus sized clothes are rarely fashionable.

I tried a pair of super flattering XL pants and they fit. I was still stuck in a 1X top but the loose jacket coat was also XL. I didn't look huge in the mirror. I almost looked normal. I went to the State Fair last week and I wasn't one of the fattest people there like I usually am. Far from it this year!!!!

Hooray! I'm getting really close.

That's great, vintagecat. I know what you mean about wanting to get out of plus-size clothes. I hate them! I have one or two tops in my closet that I would wear if I were in regular-size clothes. The rest are just fat clothes to cover my body.

I look good when I am able to wear XL (IMHO) and can't weight until I get out of plus-size. I am now in a 2X which was hard to take.

My mini-goal is very mini. It is to lose 5 pounds which I did and then went on to lose 2 more this week. I feel great. Congrats to you!
Rytre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 10:43 PM   #6  
I'm bringing sexy back!

S/C/G: 242/234.5/167

Height: 5'5"

Congrats!!!
Mozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 08:07 AM   #7  

Keep up the great work!
Kaitie9399 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 09:00 AM   #8  
HijabiMommaBear

S/C/G: 335/ticker/316

Height: 5' 8"

that is awesome! I cant wait to be giving clothes away!
jessica2231 is offline   Reply With Quote